• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like it's highly implausible. The Glazers business model only works if United remain one of the biggest clubs in the world. They don't need to take more money out of the club, they're going to make a very serious amount when they sell the club anyway. The clubs value has pretty much doubled since the purchase.

It's in the Glazers best interest for United to win trophies, have big star players, and be on everyone's lips world wide.

I don't buy into any doom and gloom bollocks.
We've discussed the pro's and con's of the Glazers at length and whilst I agree with you that it is in their best interest to keep the club at the top, or near the top of the tree - at the same time I don't think it is unlikely that they would try to do this as cheaply as possible.

So instead of spending say ££70m/£80m (which we could) they may set the budget at £50m. Their own personal wealth situation is unknown and the last time we did get any insight into it it was shown that their businesses in America were really struggling - so who knows whether they will begin to take more money from the club.

But anyhow - I don't believe that was something which dictated the appointment of Moyes. I think the decision making there was ceded to Ferguson, Charlton and co and they picked Moyes.

kharma45

We've discussed the pro's and con's of the Glazers at length and whilst I agree with you that it is in their best interest to keep the club at the top, or near the top of the tree - at the same time I don't think it is unlikely that they would try to do this as cheaply as possible.

So instead of spending say ££70m/£80m (which we could) they may set the budget at £50m. Their own personal wealth situation is unknown and the last time we did get any insight into it it was shown that their businesses in America were really struggling - so who knows whether they will begin to take more money from the club.

But anyhow - I don't believe that was something which dictated the appointment of Moyes. I think the decision making there was ceded to Ferguson, Charlton and co and they picked Moyes.

If you believe Forbes they're not too badly off atm, $4.4bn net worth. In 2011 it was $2.6bn.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/malcolm-glazer/

Has anyone played the Last of Us Multiplayer yet? About to load mine up and play some single player but want to play later!

Edit:

Solved!

SN1T5XI.png

Just in time!

If you believe Forbes they're not too badly off atm, $4.4bn net worth. In 2011 it was $2.6bn.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/malcolm-glazer/
Yeah they're obv doing okay!

I would guess that MUFC accounts for a significant portion of their wealth though.

Anyhows - it means nothing to us us fans. We just want the club to be spending it's money on the football side. We should be capable of paying more for players than we have been. Let's see what happens this summer.

kharma45

Yeah they're obv doing okay!

I would guess that MUFC accounts for a significant portion of their wealth though.

Anyhows - it means nothing to us us fans. We just want the club to be spending it's money on the football side. We should be capable of paying more for players than we have been. Let's see what happens this summer.

I've a feeling this summer will depend on who we can get out to free up funds. If we can get rid of Rooney, Nani, Lindegaard and Macheda (if even just to remove him from the wage bill) we could end up with say a net spend of £10-15m this summer possibly.

I've only ever been hyped for 2 albums. One was disappointing but has grown on me, the other got more disappointing every time I listened to it.

(Our Love To Admire and Stadium Arcadium)

From talking to people at work, it seems like a lot of people aren't really all that bothered about music.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The movie was too long. 1 hour+ for his origin? Why..

The last fights were, in typical Zack Snyder fashion, pretty cool.

4/10.

Favourite PSN game? go!

I got it as a gift and still felt bad about not using it. So used with The Unfinished Swan.

3-way tie between Journey, Flower and Tokyo Jungle. Honourable mentions for The Last Guy and PixelJunk Monsters.

Shame we'll never get ShadowComplex, SuperMeatBoy, Mark of the Ninja or Bastion. Is Fez ever gonna come to PSN?

Meier

Probably will wait till next week when it's officially out to listen to Yeezus. I never bother to check out leaks nowadays.

3-way tie between Journey, Flower and Tokyo Jungle. Honourable mentions for The Last Guy and PixelJunk Monsters.

Shame we'll never get ShadowComplex, SuperMeatBoy, Mark of the Ninja or Bastion. Is Fez ever gonna come to PSN?

All those XBL games you mentioned are incredible. Other than Shadow Complex they're all on PC. Fez dev is supposedly working with Sony to bring it over to PSN.

Bastion and Shadow Complex:

ipF5L4OYehsGC.gif

Does Journey count as a PSN game, I think it was also released boxed? That is certainly the best although I also thought Joe danger was a pretty cool little title.

I should probably try Tokyo Jungle soon, but... meh, I will probably end up never playing it after buying it :p

Journey does yeah, still gotta get that game. Wondering if it's too late now considering how important it was to play it online.

Meier

The JT album is boring and overwrought. Cut every song in half or more and it'd be far better and more listenable. That's a 5 out of 10 at best.

Best pop album this year offhand is probably Charli XCX's. That's what came to mind immediately at least.

Journey does yeah, still gotta get that game. Wondering if it's too late now considering how important it was to play it online.

It isn't. Although I guess you will find many people in there that has already finished it and knows the puzzles... I guess you could wait until it gets on sale or something and a new bunch of players will get it.

Mastadon

Banned
Pretty good album, probably my favourite album of the year. Not the greatest lyrics, but there's some pretty nice songs and melodies. It goes in a different direction than It's Blitz however and it lacks a clear direction.

Good good. Karen O is hot.

A4gXkNA.png

Tc91

The JT album is boring and overwrought. Cut every song in half or more and it'd be far better and more listenable. That's a 5 out of 10 at best.

Best pop album this year offhand is probably Charli XCX's. That's what came to mind immediately at least.

She played at The Etihad when me and dc went to watch Coldplay, she got boo'd after every song and jeered off the stage. Probably a little harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom