• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would actually be a bit sad if we sold Ade

Im sure you'll be devastated when you sign a striker that actually makes a worthwhile contribution to the team! Admittedly he got better towards the end of the season (I don't wish to discuss the incredible goal he scored against us), but hes lazy and you deserve better.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Supposedly their list contains Torres, Suarez, Dzeko and Hernandez.

From Falcao to Torres.

iQGpHNYIj8zMF_zps1376707a.gif

Im sure you'll be devastated when you sign a striker that actually makes a worthwhile contribution to the team! Admittedly he got better towards the end of the season (I don't wish to discuss the incredible goal he scored against us), but hes lazy and you deserve better.

I think he deserves another chance. He was our best player last year and had a totally disrupted season this time around. I think the fans turned on him way too quickly due to his Arsenal connections, Defoe had a season where he scored just 4 goals but nobody seems to remember that. He showed in the last 5 or 6 games that he can still cut it. Against Chelsea he was bustling past defenders like nobody's business. Perhaps if he'd had a pre-season it would have gone differently, but that's Levy for you.

Meier

Also, is Melo to City actually a thing or a lot of hot air?

I don't believe that for a hot minute. There were no rumors about it at all -- just his agent spewing bullshit IMO. Probably trying to force Gala's hand since they're apparently playing hardball with Juve over his permanent fee.

Hertha BSC will sell all tickets for away fans, no matter of which club, at the same price starting next season: 15€.

Pretty damn awesome. They deserve to stay up next season :D

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I understand why we're being this way but what I don't understand is why it's okay to spend 40m+ on two players (or three) but not one. [Broken Record Yurt] It's essentially the same and just as risky when you're signing an injured player like Isla.

We signed Isla purely to prevent Inter from getting him innit? If so, then I approve.

And his girlfriend turned out to be pretty hot. Are we absolutely sure Marry isn't on twitter?

Also, is Melo to City actually a thing or a lot of hot air?
They can have him for €0m, if they want. Anything to get his wages off the books.

I understand why we're being this way but what I don't understand is why it's okay to spend 40m+ on two players (or three) but not one. It's essentially the same and just as risky when you're signing an injured player like Isla.

We signed Isla purely to prevent Inter from getting him innit? If so, then I approve.
I do think we pretty consistently overpay for a few good-ish players. Matri is not worth €18m, for instance, as much as I like him. But hopefully we've finally reached the point where Marotta is reasonably satisfied with the depth of the club and pulls the trigger on some marquee singings.

I do hope we hang on to Isla, though. I suspect he will have a very different season next year, wherever he ends up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm glad you don't hate us anymore, Bla.
3AQmK.gif

They can have him for €0m, if they want. Anything to get his wages off the books.

I do think we pretty consistently overpay for a few good-ish players. Matri is not worth €18m, for instance, as much as I like him. But hopefully we've finally reached the point where Marotta is reasonably satisfied with the depth of the club and pulls the trigger on some marquee singings.

I do hope we hang on to Isla, though. I suspect he will have a very different season next year, wherever he ends up.

Me too, If the attacking alternative is Padoin.
iboCBCquZHUWH0.gif

Unless..

Serie A TOTS FUT.

GK: Marchetti, Federico, Lazio - 83 (84)>89
CB: Campagnaro, Hugo, Napoli - 81 (82)>87
CB: Benatia, Medhi, Udinese - 82>87
CB: Barzagli, Andrea, Juventus - 84>89
CDM: Vidal, Arturo, Juventus - 84 (85)>89
RM: Lichtsteiner, Stephan, Juventus - 82>87
CM: Borja Valero, Fiorentina - 80>85
CAM: Hamšik, Marek, Napoli - 85 (87)>91
LW: El Shaarawy, Stephan, Milan - 81>88
ST: Cavani, Edinson, Napoli - 86 (88)>92
ST: Di Natale, Antonio, Udinese - 85 (87)>92

SUBS

GK: Buffon, Gianluigi, Juventus - 87>92
CB: Rodríguez, Gonzalo, Fiorentina - 76>82
LB: Pasqual, Manuel, Fiorentina - 75>82
RM: Basta, Dušan, Udinese - 78>83
LW: Ljajić, Adem, Fiorentina - 75 (77)>82
RW: Lamela, Erik, Roma - 77 (79)>85
ST: Balotelli, Mario, Milan - 84 (85)>89

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Serie A TOTS FUT.

SUBS

I agree with all of them except for Campagnaro. Gonzalo Rodriguez should be up there.

K1LLER7

Miggy D on Cesc.

"It's too early to say. All I know is United are very interested and they're pressing ahead after preliminary contact".

Guilemme says Cesc stays at Barca.

L1NETT

How likely is it that Roberto Martinez will get the Everton job?

By my highly scientific calculations, 75% ish.

Cesc is a fantastic player and I'll happily defer to informed opinions that Thiago is great also, but neither are the sort of midfielder I want to see us pressing ahead with :|

I'm sorry, but say whaaaat. Please don't say you would rather than brought some massive heavy bouncer stoke type midfielder would you?

Cesc would be an unreal signing. World class player.

qindarka

Banned
1.Wes
2.Bumhead
3.Clegg
4.kharma45
5.Shatner's Bassoon
6. L1NETT (if I have the time)
7.TurgsDur
8. Meteorain
9. Nyx
10. PrematureQuiche
11. bjaelke
12. Frank the Great
13.DarkAegis
14. SHAKE APPEAL
15. ThePikassuKassu
16. Timurid
17. LFMartins86
18. Qindarka

Koko

Banned
Serie A TOTS FUT.

SUBS

Balotelli been there instead of Totti is a joke. Also Montolivo, Cuadrado and Bonucci should be also include. Oh well the two players that I'm going to buy are there so I can't complain that much.

D_prOdigy

Cesc is a fantastic player and I'll happily defer to informed opinions that Thiago is great also, but neither are the sort of midfielder I want to see us pressing ahead with :|

Hindle

Banned
Who are Dortmund rumoured to be buying in the summer? I've heard Kevin De Bryune and Christopher Erickson are thier targets.

Any rumours about Spurs targets?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
According to Leggo newspaper, Juve have suddenly moved closer to capturing Tevez after discovering they own a player City would like.

Felipe Melo has spent the last two seasons on loan with Galatasaray, but the Turkish side does not want to buy him outright.

Juventus could therefore add the Brazilian midfielder into the package deal with €5m to take Tevez from Manchester City.

€5m LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

-

@Timerda

Marotta met Torino owner Urbano Cairo to talk about Angelo Ogbonna

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW TIMMY BOY

Meier

€5m LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

:lol I like how it says after discovering they have a player City would like. Yeah, we all discovered that was the case in the past 24 hours. Including City. If Tevez goes anywhere, it will be to one of the French teams and it will be for at least €20m I'm sure. I hope he doesn't leave us though.

If Ogbonna was all that good, he'd have moved by now. Dude is like a year younger than Bonucci.

Edit: meant to type younger.

My point is he's 25.

He's not some hot prospect.

He's just a player who looks good playing for Torino.

Shit's not hard.

Haha, I just read on sky sports that pepe reina would "find it hard to turn down" an offer from barca. I know valdes is pretty bad anyway but... reina? Is this actually a thing that might happen?

He's hated by everyone in England at this point and is playing for a club way below his level, makes sense.

Not to forget the diving fits right in la liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom