• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
The full schedule for the Guinness International Champions Cup can be seen below.

July 27 - Valencia v AC Milan - Mestalla Stadium, Valencia
July 31 - Everton v Juventus - AT&T Park, San Francisco
August 1 - Chelsea v Inter - Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis (8pm)
August 1 - Real Madrid v LA Galaxy, University of Phoenix Stadium, Phoenix
August 3 - West side semis - Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
August 4 - East side semis - MetLife Stadium, New Jersey (4.30pm/6.30pm)
August 6 - 7th placeand 5th place matches - Sun Life Stadium, Miami (6.30pm/9pm)
August 7 - 3rd place and 1st place matches - Sun Life Stadium, Miami (6.30pm/9pm)

This looks like it could be a lot of fun!

Suen

wtf why will Madrid buy this cunt, he will bring shame on the club
Makes no difference to all other cunts we have and he's a top player. Would choose him any day over Benz or Higuain. Now we just need Bale, Carvajal is coming back and a left-back (+ Isco to finish the transfer off beautifully)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
If Ogbonna was all that good, he'd have moved by now. Dude is like a year younger than Bonucci.

Edit: meant to type younger.

My point is he's 25.

He's not some hot prospect.

He's just a player who looks good playing for Torino.

Shit's not hard.

Seems like a waste of money if you ask me. Bonnucinbauer had a brilliant (!) season and Caceres (!) is still around. We don't really need another defender.

Come to think of it, Bonucci won two titles in three years. Worth every penny.

Pachimari

Makes no difference to all other cunts we have and he's a top player. Would choose him any day over Benz or Higuain. Now we just need Bale, Carvajal is coming back and a left-back (+ Isco to finish the transfer off beautifully)
And a striker. Suarez ain't coming. And how could you take him over a player like Higuain who bleeds madridista?
He doesn't score in the Champions League no but he's still one of the most effective goal scorers.

And why do we need Isco? As our president said, we have too many players in that position. Kaka and Ozil will stay if Ancelotti arrives.

And how is Bale a NEED? He's a luxury as we have Di Maria at that position. Though Bale would be a nice addition.

Also, we don't need a left back. We got Marcelo and Coentrao. And we aren't selling Coentrao, so anyone interested have to pay the clause.

Pachimari

What we need is an attacker (Cavani or Suarez I guess), midfielder to challenge Khedira (Kondogbia?) and a right back (Carvajal). If Perez needs his Galactico then let Bale fill that bill.

pulga

Banned
What we need is an attacker (Cavani or Suarez I guess), midfielder to challenge Khedira (Kondogbia?) and a right back (Carvajal). If Perez needs his Galactico then let Bale fill that bill.

Id argue Di Maria's been pretty inconsistent ever since he arrived. Bale is the jump in quality we need right now.

That spark.

Seems like a waste of money if you ask me. Bonnucinbauer had a brilliant (!) season and Caceres (!) is still around. We don't really need another defender.

Come to think of it, Bonucci won two titles in three years. Worth every penny.
We need some backups, even if Peluso is bought (seems likely). We have three central defenders in Conte's preferred formation as it stands up, with Marrone operating as a vice-Bonucci and Caceres filling in if Chiellini or Barzagli are out. Even if Marrone doesn't get moved on as a makeweight in some big deal, that's not enough to cope with an injury crisis. Remember, we started the season with Lucio on our books.

But I don't know why we'd move for Ogbonna when we have players already tied to the club who've just spent a year gaining experience and would make decent backups... Masi, Sorensen, etc.

And spending €12m, say, on Ogbonna means one of our 'top striker' bids will fall a few million short. Again.

Laudrup having arguments with the Swansea management... Well I sure am surprised.
idyhqpvzVPjZq.png

Pachimari

Id argue Di Maria's been pretty inconsistent ever since he arrived. Bale is the jump in quality we need right now.

That spark.
Di Maria were inconsistent this season. Not at all in his first season, he were on fire throughout with tons of assists.

And Bale just made a deal with BT to be the face of Premier League next season.

Dibbz

Summer transfers have already started off great. United being linked with midfielders is always a good one. Can't wait till the summer is over and Moyes brings in Jagielka, Anichebe and Phil Neville comes out of retirement to captain United.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Edit:^ Better picture

-
pulga said:
Duh we are. Its fucking Real Madrid, thats our shtick.

tumblr_mnfywuAW2z1r30r4xo1_250.gif

We need some backups, even if Peluso is bought (seems likely). We have three central defenders in Conte's preferred formation as it stands up, with Marrone operating as a vice-Bonucci and Caceres filling in if Chiellini or Barzagli are out. Even if Marrone doesn't get moved on as a makeweight in some big deal, that's not enough to cope with an injury crisis. Remember, we started the season with Lucio on our books.

But I don't know why we'd move for Ogbonna when we have players already tied to the club who've just spent a year gaining experience and would make decent backups... Masi, Sorensen, etc.

And spending €12m, say, on Ogbonna means one of our 'top striker' bids will fall a few million short. Again.

Masi was decent in pre-season, wasn't he?

I've always liked Frederik! I have a feeling we're going to use him to bring Alessandro Diamanti though. :(

G-Unit

Well if he has an £18m release clause then there isn't much Barca can do to stop Thiago from leaving.

There is, convincing thiago to stay.

Edit. Actually, why would he leave barca if xavi is in heavy decline. You also play with the world best. It is not like he is in the same spot as lets say dos santos. Sorry you guys should give up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

Edit. Actually, why would he leave barca if xavi is in heavy decline. You also play with the world best. It is not like he is in the same spot as lets say dos santos. Sorry you guys should give up.

He plays with Bayern?

130501174433-arjen-robben-bayern-munich-single-image-cut.jpg

Suen

And a striker. Suarez ain't coming. And how could you take him over a player like Higuain who bleeds madridista?
He doesn't score in the Champions League no but he's still one of the most effective goal scorers.

And why do we need Isco? As our president said, we have too many players in that position. Kaka and Ozil will stay if Ancelotti arrives.

And how is Bale a NEED? He's a luxury as we have Di Maria at that position. Though Bale would be a nice addition.

Also, we don't need a left back. We got Marcelo and Coentrao. And we aren't selling Coentrao, so anyone interested have to pay the clause.
Higuain is shit, period. People need to stop defending him by saying he score lots of goals because the amount of chances he's wasting would have put him far further up in the top scorer list if he knew how to fucking finish. The guy can mainly scores from assists, he doesn't shoot good and he never takes free kicks. When he isn't scoring goals from good assists what is he doing? Nothing, he's invisible then. Benzema has scored less this season but works much harder in not only scoring but assisting as well, he knows how to finish better as well. 10 goals, 10 assists. Higuain has 15 goals, less than 6 assists. Oh yeah and as you said he can't score in Champions League...as if that's a small matter. He's not an effective goal scorer with the amount of provided chances for him in consideration. Suarez on the other hand is a goal scoring machine, the guy scores lots, he knows how to finish and he has some great free kicks. Higuain has none of those. The only difference between them is that Suarez is a cunt.

The Isco one is mostly a joke. Let's be honest here, none of us would mind having Isco on our squad but we already have enough players in that position so it's not a huge "miss" if we don't get him. Kaka is shit, I'd take Isco over him any day. Who knows maybe Kaka will become a top player again if Ancelotti is coming!

Di Maria is a good player but nowhere near Bale's quality, to argue against this would just be ridiculous.

Marcelo is a good left-back but as seen this season his injury caused us problem because we didn't have any good replacement for him. Coentrao is not of Marcelo's quality. He's ok and I wouldn't mind him as a reserve but there are probably better players than him in that role. Besides someone might pay the clause so we should be prepared for it and he's not happy in the club.

If you're satisfied with players like Kaka, Higuain, Di Maria and Coentrao you might as well go and watch Liga Adelante and support Real Madrid Castilla instead. You have some strange views.

Tc91

BLWar_GCIAEKHj3.jpg:large

Clegg

The exact same thing can be said about Cesc. So which one is gonna get the hump because they're not playing regularly?

Barca fucked up in not playing Thiago often enough and they're gonna pay the price.

Suen

That spark.
He's been very inconsistent but when he's playing good he plays really good, earning his spot there. But this means nothing if he frequently goes from bad to good and good to bad, a pretty good reserve yes but we need someone better and Bale fills that role perfectly.

Pachimari

Higuain is shit, period. People need to stop defending him by saying he score lots of goals because the amount of chances he's wasting would have put him far further up in the top scorer list if he knew how to fucking finish. The guy can mainly scores from assists, he doesn't shoot good and he never takes free kicks. When he isn't scoring goals from good assists what is he doing? Nothing, he's invisible then. Benzema has scored less this season but works much harder in not only scoring but assisting as well, he knows how to finish better as well. 10 goals, 10 assists. Higuain has 15 goals, less than 6 assists. Oh yeah and as you said he can't score in Champions League...as if that's a small matter. He's not an effective goal scorer with the amount of provided chances for him in consideration. Suarez on the other hand is a goal scoring machine, the guy scores lots, he knows how to finish and he has some great free kicks. Higuain has none of those. The only difference between them is that Suarez is a cunt.

The Isco one is mostly a joke. Let's be honest here, none of us would mind having Isco on our squad but we already have enough players in that position so it's not a huge "miss" if we don't get him. Kaka is shit, I'd take Isco over him any day. Who knows maybe Kaka will become a top player again if Ancelotti is coming!

Di Maria is a good player but nowhere near Bale's quality, to argue against this would just be ridiculous.

Marcelo is a good left-back but as seen this season his injury caused us problem because we didn't have any good replacement for him. Coentrao is not of Marcelo's quality. He's ok and I wouldn't mind him as a reserve but there are probably better players than him in that role. Besides someone might pay the clause so we should be prepared for it and he's not happy in the club.

If you're satisfied with players like Kaka, Higuain, Di Maria and Coentrao you might as well go and watch Liga Adelante and support Real Madrid Castilla instead. You have some strange views.
I can say the same about your views, you judgemental person. Coentrao is solid and enough as a backup to Marcelo. Whi would you substitute Coentrao with? And no, I don't want Kaka - all I said was that he would probably stay if Ancelotti came here. Read what I'm writing. And I won't even discuss Higuain and Di Maria. Also, I do support Real Madrid Castilla - after all, it's Real Madrid.

Suen

Cavani would probably be a better choice than Suarez I agree. A midfielder to challenge Khedira is needed but I don't think that should be a top priority now. Right back, a left back to challenge Marcelo and a striker + Bale.

Pachimari

Cavani would probably be a better choice than Suarez I agree. A midfielder to challenge Khedira is needed but I don't think that should be a top priority now. Right back, a left back to challenge Marcelo and a striker + Bale.
We agree on a lot of those. Where we disagree is, that you think we should look for a left-back even though we got 2 of the worlds best (yes, Coen haven't been as good for us as at the national level but he's solid), while I am getting fed up of Khedira's uselessness, even though I respect everything else he adds to our game.

If Coentrao were to be sold, then I could understand us going for a left back.

Ingeniero

lol@'Suarez is a cunt, don't want him at Madrid'

Perfect fit, dickholes.
This is different, a biting spreading disease cunt is unacceptable, normal cunts are Ok for Madrid.
Also he is worldwide known as a cheating scumbag, the club has a reputation to maintain at least.

Suen

I can say the same about your views, you judgemental person. Coentrao is solid and enough as a backup to Marcelo. Whi would you substitute Coentrao with? And no, I don't want Kaka - all I said was that he would probably stay if Ancelotti came here. Read what I'm writing. And I won't even discuss Higuain and Di Maria. Also, I do support Real Madrid Castilla - after all, it's Real Madrid.
I'm not saying Coentrao is a bad player, I'm saying we need someone better than him as a backup. We could probably do with another season with him though. You won't discuss Higuain and Di Maria because in comparison to other players in La Liga and other big leagues they are at best average. Di Maria is average only because he can't keep a consistent form, I've said a bunch of times that when he's in his good form he's a great player but his inconsistency is really hurting us.

This is different, a biting spreading disease cunt is unacceptable, normal cunts are Ok for Madrid.
Also he is worldwide known as a cheating scumbag, the club has a reputation to maintain at least.

Bet you didn't have a problem with Mourinho shoving his fingers into people's eyes when he had the team playing well enough to win the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom