• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

He's better than Schweini

image.php

Fry

Gonna see the video, thanks.

What is good is that Liverpool will have a lot of money to spend after Suarez is gone, which is pretty exciting.

Is there another player they are rumoured to be on the verge of signing?

Mastadon

Banned
Gonna see the video, thanks.

What is good is that Liverpool will have a lot of money to spend after Suarez is gone, which is pretty exciting.

Is there another player they are rumoured to be on the verge of signing?

Yep, Luis Alberto seems to be close to being wrapped up, as does Mignolet. Llori is going ahead too by the looks of it.

Stewart Downing who’s been chastised by practically every fan outside Liverpool and more than a few inside, has more assists and goals than the likes of Ashley Young, Antonio Valencia, Nani and Danny Welbeck- in fact he has the same amount of league goals as all four put together. The saving grace – if you can call it that- for Valencia is he managed an equal number of assists as his Liverpool counterpart.

:lol

Yen

Yep, Luis Alberto seems to be close to being wrapped up, as does Mignolet. Llori is going ahead too by the looks of it.
Watched a compilation* of him today, and he seems a cracking prospect. Of course, I'm not sure how good the Segunda Division and the Thirdgunda Division are.

*Luis Alberto - The Next Next Riquelme | Skills, goals and passion 2013

Mastadon

Banned
Watched a compilation of him today, and he seems a cracking prospect. Of course, I'm not sure how good the Segunda Division and the Thirdgunda Division are.

Yeah I know nothing about him at all - seen a few clips of him, but haven't seen him play. He's well regarded by my La Liga following friends though.

Salvadora

Don't know why United fans are so anxious about signings.

Surely Moyes will need time to access the current squad, as with any managerial change.

kharma45

At this stage he genuinely would be.

But sadly Fletcher is never gonna be the same player again :(

Yeah unless he can somehow manage to put on some weight he'll never be the same. When he played last year he had to be protected on the pitch, it was usually him doing that.

Clegg

Are there any midfielders in the mould of Fletcher knocking about at the moment?

We could do with one of those.

Lunchbox

Banned
Are you becoming worried about Liverpool? Couldn't care less about anything they do.
this is just like how loons here argued sahin was gonna turn their season around

whoever they sign will end up ruining their careers then fucking off to a bigger club anyways. #nonthreat

Mastadon

Banned
this is just like how loons here argued sahin was gonna turn their season around

whoever they sign will end up ruining their careers then fucking off to a bigger club anyways. #nonthreat

Ah, but you've clearly forgotten that this year is our year.

Zabojnik

You couldn't attract a player like that, admit it.

A wee bit.

It just feels like Arsenal are in a precarious place in the league and have to constantly look over our shoulders.

Obviously Spurs are the bigger threat, though.

Sign Higuain, problem solved.

Mastadon

Banned
Quick prediction for the two best leagues next year:

1. Liverpool
2. Chelsea
3. Moyeschester Utd
4. Man City

1. US Sassuolo
2. Torino
3. Juventus
4. Roma

Lightning

Banned
A wee bit.

It just feels like Arsenal are in a precarious place in the league and have to constantly look over our shoulders.

Obviously Spurs are the bigger threat, though.
Why? Come season start you'll see Liverpool are nothing to worry about. I remember after we lost to Spurs and then they beat Spurs how they were going to surpass Arsenal? Remember that shit from them? They're nothing to worry about.

Not that worried about Spurs either although they are more of a possible threat than Liverpool.

I'm more worried about the gap between us and City/United/Chelsea and getting the players to help us close it. I mean, what is staying ahead of Liverpool? Fucking nothing. We need to close the gap on those above us, at the moment it's just getting worse.

Sign Higuain, problem solved.
I'm so hoping we actually do. Higuain on board and we need not worry about strikers next season.

Igo

Did Moyes bring any of his scouting team with him? United have the worst scouts of all the big teams and this is the perfect time for an overhaul.

Salvadora

Why? Come season start you'll see Liverpool are nothing to worry about. I remember after we lost to Spurs and then they beat Spurs how they were going to surpass Arsenal? Remember that shit from them? They're nothing to worry about.

Not that worried about Spurs either although they are more of a possible threat than Liverpool.

I'm more worried about the gap between us and City/United/Chelsea and getting the players to help us close it. I mean, what is staying ahead of Liverpool? Fucking nothing. We need to close the gap on those above us, at the moment it's just getting worse.
Oh you've got a point there, the gap between the top three and us has been increasing each year and we've got to put a stop to it

Liverpool just seem to be very proactive so far, and their targets are quality players. Cause for concern, I think.
Did Moyes bring any of his scouting team with him? United have the worst scouts of all the big teams and this is the perfect time for an overhaul.

I don't know that this is the case.

Fergus just bought who he bought. Don't think it was sup-par scouting, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom