• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Holy shit Shane Williams has been called up to the Lions.

Giggs-level stuff.

He's 36 and has been in semi-retirement in Japan for the last 12 months.

He still looks in good shape but he's not a young guy anymore and he hasn't been playing at anywhere near the same intensity as the British and Irish based players.

I just hope he doesn't get embarrassed.

Linius

I am not trolling here (honest) but what does Higuain do that makes him so well regarded. When I have watched Real he tends to be pretty anonymous. What am I missing? Does he have excellent movement that disrupts defences or something?

I'm sure he's a quality striker and a good singing for Arsenal. But that money, it seems so much.

For the details I'm sure the likes of Pulga can fill you in :p

Salvadora

What is Arsenal's formation supposed to look like next season? Do you need both a prima punta like Higuain and a supporting/creative striker like Jojo?

I'm thinking that we probably don't need Jovetic if we get Higuain. We could do with either.

Jovetic feels like a exciting prospect while Higuain is a known quantity. That's the Wenger in me coming out :p

Messi

DeGod bought me this seasons PSG kit for my birthday <3 So awesome.

Are these cool? I think they are cool. I want the Dani one.

fireandblood.jpg

hearmeroar.jpg

winteriscoming.jpg

Last of Us Multiplayer is pretty fucking great!

Wait I thought it was DeGod's birthday?

It could do with a command wheel for when you don't have a mic.

I've always been shite at knowing when to fight, and when to run :D

Is the M16/M4 overpowered? Seemed like I was being taken down with a single shot to the chest while the 9MM pistol needs like 4 shots to do the same.

Sorry I couldn't get on and Last of Us multi, I'll try sorting my router out tomorrow.

I honestly thought after you went off that what I told you to do had broken your Internet haha. We should be able to get at least 6 tomorrow I hope.

It could do with a command wheel for when you don't have a mic.

I've always been shite at knowing when to fight, and when to run :D

Is the M16/M4 overpowered? Seemed like I was being taken down with a single shot to the chest while the 9MM pistol needs like 4 shots to do the same.

Hixx was getting pissed at that too. We have not unlocked it yet and that was the first guy we ran into using it :/

I honestly thought after you went off that what I told you to do had broken your Internet haha. We should be able to get at least 6 tomorrow I hope.

Its a tough one with the gamemodes. The type of game it is seems to be better fitted to no respawns, but that may not be as much fun to play as a group.

When you die, do you lose the resources you picked up? Its very easy to run out of ammo :D

Do upgrades gained in Private Matches carry over?

I was copping all kinds of abuse while I was asleep lol.

Its a tough one with the gamemodes. The type of game it is seems to be better fitted to no respawns, but that may not be as much fun to play as a group.

When you die, do you lose the resources you picked up? Its very easy to run out of ammo :D

Do upgrades gained in Private Matches carry over?

I was copping all kinds of abuse while I was asleep lol.

No idea. Will have to look at those things tomorrow!

Arnie

As I say, I'll be on in the week, but I don't have a mic for PS3. ID is: VociferousTURTLE. Send us a wee message explaining who you are.

It's hilarious when all 4 of us are dying and crawling around!

You're a proper kill-stealer lol

When you execute someone with a gun, does it use up a bullet. Also, it seems a bit weird that some of the execution animations take like 2 seconds, and some take 10. Can you die before the execution occurs, saving the guy who was about to die?

Also, was it you I threw the molotov at when you were fighting someone? I wasn't sure if there was friendly fire :p

So I posted in the whatsapp a couple of days ago about a potential meetup happening in the next couple of weeks. My plan was to go to a Goals Football arena and play some 5/7 a side. I think we can get at least 10 of us together which would make it £5/6 depending on which place you guys can get to. It is open till 11pm so people should be able to make it!

The nearest one to me is Reading but I assume we won't go to that one :p I am free to take a 2/3 people in my car between Aldershot and wherever we end up making it if you can't find a way to get there.

So if you guys look at the list and pick somewhere you can get to and find a place to go to!

Posting for night people and because I won't be around tomorrow morning!

JWong

Banned
Fuck Bayern- Antioch, Blablurn, elsk, Schweini, Gambit, Hasphat'sAnts, Hieberrr, kingslunk, Nemic77, spidye, fuenf, ElTopo,
Chelsea (Champions of Europa)- Fintan, flintstryker, Gaaraz, GQman2121, Help Me!, JWong, Kylehimself, PrematureQuiche, SenorDingDong, steverulez, xintin, Outsanity, TrueBlue, Colonel Nasty, H13, WoodenLung, Fady K, Kaiden, Qindarka, DerZuhälter

I like the OT.

K1LLER7

Think City will be the strongest team in the PL next season.

-------------------- Hart ----------------------

Zaba - Kompany - Nastasic - Clichy

--------- Yaya -- Fernandinho ---------

--- Navas -------- Silva ---------- Isco ---

------------------ Aguero --------------------

Defence looks solid, Nastasic has an extre year of experience. They'll finally have the width in their team that they've missed. Yaya and Fernandinho will be a great midfield partnership imo. If they get Isco, he'll be one of the buys of the season. He and Silva will open up teams and I expect Aguero to have a good season.

Lightning

Banned

Defence looks solid, Nastasic has an extre year of experience. They'll finally have the width in their team that they've missed. Yaya and Fernandinho will be a great midfield partnership imo. If they get Isco, he'll be one of the buys of the season. He and Silva will open up teams and I expect Aguero to have a good season.
I don't think City will get Isco but yeah they have a strong team anyway. Same with Chelsea.

K1LLER7

I don't think City will get Isco but yeah they have a strong team anyway. Same with Chelsea.
I've got a feeling Pellegrini will convince him. On one side I hope he doesn't because he'll make City a lot stronger. But then I want him to come so I can see him play more often and in the PL.

I wonder what will happen to Tevez, Nasri and Dzecko. Doubt they'd want to stay on the bench.

If Aguero can't have a good season with that lot behind him, he's not good enough for Barnsley

Linius

It was in the OP, but somehow this Wilbur guy managed to not copy it to the new OP. It's in this post again. Quote to see.

How did you get a fishing rod? I came home today after 11 so all the shops were closed!

Nooklings keep changing stock. Though it could happen you'll find the same tools a few days in a row. If I have a rod in my shop tomorrow and you still need one I'll bring it over.

Linius

Yeah, It's 5:37 am here atm.

You're also on the same time as Egypt, so when I hopefully go there this summer we'll be without a difference!

I see, Egypt is just south of eastern Europe so yeah. It's like the WC in South Africa. It was so far away, but yet the same timezone :p

Brasil is gonna be a hell. Watching football in the middle of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom