• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Why can't we just give Coates a chance. We never play him.

Yea, the guy's done nothing in football and he's on £100k a week.

And they poke City for that shit.

He has just scored a hat trick in a European final.

But you're right, 100k is silly money.

K1LLER7

Why can't we just give Coates a chance. We never play him.

Yea, the guy's done nothing in football and he's on £100k a week.

And they poke City for that shit.
FootballFan, post that list of trophies again :p

I'd say around 80k would be okay. Think Chicha, Young, Jones(?) and Nani are on a similar amount.

I actually didn't even bat an eye-lid at the wage.

Weird but just doesn't seem like much at all anymore. With the way finances are at the top clubs a £100k wage is pretty standard now it seems.

How much is Young on?
Reports vary between 80-120k.

Welbeck and Tom are on 60-80k.

At our club, Thiago's good for the 100.

kharma45

judas hadnt earned it

And Thiago hasn't earned the right to be on 6 figures but here we are. We should've given it to him say after he played x number of games where his contract would've automatically upped his wage to that level from something more modest.

Arnie

I think Pogba's better than Thiago, too.

Just.

They're both fucking top.

Uruguay are so dirty
Luis.gif

kharma45

Weird but just doesn't seem like much at all anymore. With the way finances are at the top clubs a £100k wage is pretty standard now it seems.

Welbeck is on that? fml.

Welbeck is on that? fml.

Yep.

You have to think about the economics of it. Don't wanna go all finance on yo asses but our wage bill is still 20%-30% lower than it is at our rivals City/Chelsea. Now you might argue that's because our players aren't as good...but then that will be why when we sign Thiago we give him £100k/week. Remember Hazard last season, he is reportedly on much more with a hefty agents and signing on fee to boot.

Then you have to think about the increased wealth. In the last 12 months alone United have signed/benefited from deals which means our income goes up some £150m over the next year. The players know that and they will demand a cut of it. I expect wages across the board to go up quite a bit this year as all PL clubs get alot richer.

Finally...we're paying below the market value here. Thiago would normally never be sold for £15m. He knows that, he'll want a nice cut of the money.

But yes - it is alot to pay.

kharma45

Yep.

You have to think about the economics of it. Don't wanna go all finance on yo asses but our wage bill is still 20%-30% lower than it is at our rivals City/Chelsea. Now you might argue that's because our players aren't as good...but then that will be why when we sign Thiago we give him £100k/week. Remember Hazard last season, he is reportedly on much more with a hefty agents and signing on fee to boot.

Then you have to think about the increased wealth. In the last 12 months alone United have signed/benefited from deals which means our income goes up some £150m over the next year. The players know that and they will demand a cut of it. I expect wages across the board to go up quite a bit this year as all PL clubs get alot richer.

Finally...we're paying below the market value here. Thiago would normally never be sold for £15m. He knows that, he'll want a nice cut of the money.

But yes - it is alot to pay.

I get the economics of it. I wouldn't care if we were raking in huge profits every year, Welbeck on that wage is criminal. Cleverly too tbh.

L1NETT

Out of interest (and OT lol) has there ever been a player who has moved from Man Utd to Liverpool and vice versa?

Not since like 1960 summat...Phil or Bill something did. Mc something? I may be mad, but I think that is right.

Ain't gonna happen anytime soon either.

Nope, as we sold him to Madrid for £8m.

Hmm. I'm sure I remember there being a lot of mud-slinging at the time about him having some term in his contract that supposedly allowed him to join us whether you agreed with it or not.

edit: Seems Heinze claimed that Ferguson had promised he could leave in the summer without stupulations, while Man Utd claimed, with the paperwork to prove it, that the release clause applied to foreign teams only or some jazz like that

L1NETT

Jay Bothroyd been released?

Sign him up Parky! :)

Reckon he will end up back at Cardiff? He was pretty sharp when he was there before, just had a couple of rubbish years. Remember he played for England? Man we are poor upfront.

Hixx

LOL

This is why football is fucked. These two lads are average PL footballers.

kharma45

Hmm. I'm sure I remember there being a lot of mud-slinging at the time about him having some term in his contract that supposedly allowed him to join us whether you agreed with it or not.

edit: Seems Heinze claimed that Ferguson had promised he could leave in the summer without stupulations, while Man Utd claimed, with the paperwork to prove it, that the release clause applied to foreign teams only or some jazz like that

Yeah he was allowed to go abroad or to a team that wasn't a potential rival for the title.

I have retired from Believe FC PC. I am now moving to either 360/PS3 cause fuck the PC cunts :p

You are dead to me.

Jay Bothroyd been released?

Sign him up Parky! :)

Reckon he will end up back at Cardiff? He was pretty sharp when he was there before, just had a couple of rubbish years. Remember he played for England? Man we are poor upfront.

That was when we were trying out any old striker who'd had a decent month during the season if I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom