• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

1371777463000-AP-Brazil-Soccer-Confed-Cup-Nigeria-Uruguay-1306202120_4_3_rx404_c534x401.jpg

sup

Blablurn

I don't care about LeBron or player rivalries. I care about teams. Heat still have a way to go.

ah, okay, gotcha

pffft

Oi Clegg

:lol :lol :lol

2× NBA champion: 2012, 2013
2× NBA Finals MVP: 2012, 2013
4× NBA Most Valuable Player: 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013
NBA Rookie of the Year: 2004
NBA scoring champion: 2008
2× NBA All-Star Game MVP: 2006, 2008
9× NBA All-Star: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
9× All-NBA:
First Team: 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Second Team: 2005, 2007
5× NBA All-Defensive:
First Team: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
NBA All-Rookie First Team: 2004
USA Basketball Male Athlete of the Year: 2012
Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year: 2012
Sporting News NBA MVP: 2006
Sporting News Rookie of the Year: 2004
Slam Magazine Top 50 NBA Players of All-Time
Sports Illustrated NBA All-Decade First Team: 2000–2009 decade
Gold medal with Team USA, 2007 FIBA Americas Championship
Gold medal with Team USA, 2008 Summer Olympic Games
Gold medal with Team USA, 2012 Summer Olympic Games
Bronze medal with Team USA, 2004 Summer Olympic Games
Bronze medal with Team USA, 2006 FIBA World Championship

Salazar

I'm not sure what objections they can have. Leave them a fucking case with £17 million in cash at their fucking doorstep and tell them thanks for their player.

joke shop suitcase

clown head jumps up and an ear-splitting laugh track plays when it opens

Laboured, we should consult on this shit

Only one that comes close is Bioshock but that doesn't really have any meaningful characters.

Remember me saying my mates were on the same flight as Gerrard? Well turns out he took Carragher along with him. There's a photo of the group with Ste and Carra in Ibiza airport. Isn't it his wedding anniversary? Why's Carragher going with them.

I imagine its just some kind of piss-up to blow off some steam combined with anniversary celebratons, and Stevie and Carra are genuinely good friends I think.

We'll be hearing that a lot next season regardless. Big question can Bale repeat the season he just had, latter half anyway? I have my doubts.

There's as much chance of him replicating it throuhgout the season than there is of him failing to replicate it at all. He's an astoundingly good player.

bjaelke

Bollocks to Alberto while Henrikh is up in the air, tbh :p
If we play it cool we can get Eriksen for a decent price. Bild says that Dortmund are looking to bring in Miralem Pjanic as a Götze replacement. I suspect Eriksen is getting a bit anxious and realizing that he might have overplayed his hand.

qindarka

Banned
“Kevin spoke to Jose Mourinho on the phone while he was in America and he clearly expressed that he wants him to play a part at Chelsea next season,” he told Goal.

“Mourinho told him that he wants to make him a better player and this is very good news.

“The desire of Kevin is just to play football and now he has received the news that Mourinho sees a role for him at Chelsea, he is very happy to stay.

“He is back from his holiday this weekend and Kevin has been told to report back for pre-season training at Stamford Bridge on July 8.”

“When Kevin arrived at Chelsea two years ago he was still a kid but after two years on loan I think he is ready to make the step up.

“I think if you give him six months to develop in England then he can be even better than Eden Hazard.”

Looks like he is really staying then. Good news, would have hated to lose him to Dortmund, especially for the quoted price.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We'll be hearing that a lot next season regardless. Big question can Bale repeat the season he just had, latter half anyway? I have my doubts.

oh you

Unless he gets fat or one of his legs falls off I expect he will start next season as he finished last.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arrow is garbage! Watch Hannibal instead! :)
A show about Hannibal? Interesting! I'll check it out.
I only got to play and review the single player, since the servers were not yet online. It's a really well crafted game, as we've come to expect from Naughty Dog, but it's not a 10/10 or a 9/10 title, imo. I don't know what to tell you. If you want to have fun with FootyGAF bros, now's the time to get it. If you're only interested in the single player ... You decide. :p But no, it's not another Sleeping Dogs. (Which was a decent enough sandbox game, just nowhere near as special as some people here would have you believe.)
Online is out of the question with my shitty connection so I'm sticking with the single player. :p

Pretty much everything else they've ever done is hot garbage (although I've heard Supernatural isn't awful).

Oh no, it IS awful.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta on Higuain, Isla and Marchisio United.

The director general spoke to Sky Sport Italia this evening, amid reports Real Madrid striker Higuain has agreed terms with Arsenal.

“Many players prefer Juventus to other clubs and we are still in an early phase of the transfer market,” said Marotta.

“Who do I prefer between Higuain, Jovetic and Tevez? We analysed all three of them and they are great players, but I don’t want to lean too much one way, nor kid anyone.

“We have already signed a very important player like Fernando Llorente who has won the European Championship and the World Cup.

“We wish to improve the squad to bridge the gap with the other European giants. We are looking for an eclectic player who can fit our winning model. We always try to improve, taking the chances that the market offers us.”

The Bianconeri are also linked with outgoing transfer stories, as they renewed a co-ownership deal with Udinese for Mauricio Isla.

“It’s true Inter have shown an interest in Isla, but they are not the only ones, so we will see what is to be done there.”

Monaco and Manchester United are reportedly prepared to offer €30m for midfielder Marchisio, who warned during international duty that he needs to speak to the club and discover if he is still ‘important.’

“There is absolutely no Marchisio problem. We’ll talk it over when he returns.”

Is Txiki available?

qindarka

Banned
So your other attacking midfielders will get less playing time?

Presumably there will be more rotation. Oscar, Mata and Hazard were ran into the ground last season and Chelsea had one of the best injury records in the league, no guarantee of such fortune this time around. For all of Chelsea's quality in this area, they lacked depth, having to resort to bringing on Benayoun more than a few times, at least that will be resolved with the addition of De Bruyne and Schurrle.

Presumably there will be more rotation. Oscar, Mata and Hazard were ran into the ground last season and Chelsea had one of the best injury records in the league, no guarantee of such fortune this time around. For all of Chelsea's quality in this area, they lacked depth, having to resort to bringing on Benayoun more than a few times, at least that will be resolved with the addition of De Bruyne and Schurrle.

Well you guys played a ridiculous amount of games last season. You'll have less games this season. Also, Schurrle is now part of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom