• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
KDBdayCard.jpg

Clegg

Any of FootyGaf play Halo 4? The recent update is pretty decent, hulluva lot better than the steamy pile of rubbish I played in November. Shame I still suck.

Oh should which show should I watch, Luther or Archer?
They're both amazing shows.

Luther is a balls out cop drama with some very interesting villains and a protagonist who is at the edge if breaking point.

Archer was a real surprise for me. Its lewd at times but the comedy is very clever and very funny. The voice acting is top notch too.

Watch whatever show takes your fancy the most. But make sure you watch both as they're very good.

Messi

They're both amazing shows.

Luther is a balls out cop drama with some very interesting villains and a protagonist who is at the edge if breaking point.

Archer was a real surprise for me. Its lewd at times but the comedy is very clever and very funny. The voice acting is top notch too.

Watch whatever show takes your fancy the most. But make sure you watch both as they're very good.

tumblr_lzxanklxlJ1r89gebo1_500.gif

both are fantastic shows

faridmon

How are you feeling about the Martinez appointment? I can't wait to see how he does with a team and players who know how to defend.

Yeah, its exciting. A change is always welcome after our stagnation in the last few years. Yes, I am aware that he will have a challenging start (I am happy if we finish mid-table in the first or even the second year he is in charge), but He is a man who knows how to utilises youth products and I really can't wait to see what youngster such as Barkely and Vellios do in the near future.

A new era and I couldn't be more excited.

If there is one fear I have is losing Baines. Fellaini can go (and should judging by his apparent apathy in the later half of the season) but Baines is a man I can not let go. Its gonna be hard few months ahead.

Yeah but how do you think he will do at Everton?

He will do better than New Caste. That is for sure, But again, that is not so hard...

Messi

Is it wierd that I wear socks and underwear in bed? Someone told me it was wierd :(

I dont like pjs and ive been wearing socks to bed for years

GorillaJu

Luther was so disappointing when I watched it. It was way too melodramatic for my tastes, in what I want in a police drama.

^you aren't "supposed" to wear socks to bed iirc. Think its a factor which causes athlete's foot.

Lightning

Banned
Yeah, its exciting. A change is always welcome after our stagnation in the last few years. Yes, I am aware that he will have a challenging start (I am happy if we finish mid-table in the first or even the second year he is in charge), but He is a man who knows how to utilises youth products and I really can't wait to see what youngster such as Barkely and Vellios do in the near future.

A new era and I couldn't be more excited.

If there is one fear I have is losing Baines. Fellaini can go (and should judging by his apparent apathy in the later half of the season) but Baines is a man I can not let go. Its gonna be hard few months ahead.
Didn't your chairman already rule out a Baines sale? Pretty sure Fellaini will go, he seems to be pushing for a move but I really hope someone else takes him. His attitude is a cause for concern as if he does it at Everton he will do it at Arsenal as well. Hopefully Man U or Chelsea solve that issue for us and take him.

I think Martinez will struggle initally while he changes the way Everton play. Martinez prefers freeflowing football, Moyes didn't, so honestly I can see Fellaini being replaced by McCarthy. I look forward to seeing how you guys perform because players who can defend with Martinez who loves to attack should be exciting. He done remarkable at Wigan given the club selling their best players on him over and over again leaving him with nothing. Winning the FA cup with that squad, beating Everton 3-0 at Goodison, on the way was an outstanding achievement. I see great things in Everton's future.

faridmon

Didn't your chairman already rule out a Baines sale? Pretty sure Fellaini will go, he seems to be pushing for a move but I really hope someone else takes him. His attitude is a cause for concern as if he does it at Everton he will do it at Arsenal as well. Hopefully Man U or Chelsea solve that issue for us and take him.

I think Martinez will struggle initally while he changes the way Everton play. Martinez prefers freeflowing football, Moyes didn't, so honestly I can see Fellaini being replaced by McCarthy. I look forward to seeing how you guys perform because players who can defend with Martinez who loves to attack should be exciting. He done remarkable at Wigan given the club selling their best players on him over and over again leaving him with nothing. Winning the FA cup with that squad, beating Everton 3-0 at Goodison, on the way was an outstanding achievement. I see great things in Everton's future.

In Football, a lot of things is being said, nothing is certain, but I sure hope you are right. And yeah, You wouldn't Fillaini. A sound club like Arsenal is not what he deserves, will probably join some scummy team
(well, apart from New Caste)
and You already have a class midfielder (Arteta <3)

and yeah, I think he will struggle changing the whole philosophy of the club, however it isn't as hard as you might think. Moyes only forced to play this certain style and you could see players like Coleman and Baines wanting the free-form football they love.

What do you think of FF XV, by the way?

Lightning

Banned
In Football, a lot of things is being said, nothing is certain, but I sure hope you are right. And yeah, You wouldn't Fillaini. A sound club like Arsenal is not what he deserves, will probably join some scummy team
(well, apart from New Caste)
and You already have a class midfielder (Arteta <3)

and yeah, I think he will struggle changing the whole philosophy of the club, however it isn't as hard as you might think. Moyes only forced to play this certain style and you could see players like Coleman and Baines wanting the free-form football they love.

What do you think of FF XV, by the way?
I'm very skeptical that Square are working on too many projects at once rather than just focusing on getting a game out. From what I've seen the game it self looks great but the operation at S-E has driven a lot of mistrust into me. So I try to avoid getting hyped for S-E games until there is a release date otherwise the wait can feel endless.

Yen

I think Martinez will struggle initally while he changes the way Everton play. Martinez prefers freeflowing football, Moyes didn't, so honestly I can see Fellaini being replaced by McCarthy. I look forward to seeing how you guys perform because players who can defend with Martinez who loves to attack should be exciting. He done remarkable at Wigan given the club selling their best players on him over and over again leaving him with nothing. Winning the FA cup with that squad, beating Everton 3-0 at Goodison, on the way was an outstanding achievement and then being relegated. I see great things in Everton's future.

rodvik

Anxious to see just how good Mignolet actually is.

Nobody watches Sunderland if they don't have to, and their defence is so shit it's hard to properly gauge him.

He's Belgian, though, which is a good start.

Awesome.

Mig is no Guzan but I think he is good. Crazy as it sounds even though we put 7 past him last season over two games I cant remember a goal that was really his fault. He was sat behind a truly awful defence.

3Sixty

Southampton last night moved a step closer to completing a £10m deal for Celtic ace Victor Wanyama, after the midfielder revealed a fee had been agreed between the clubs.

Kenya international Wanyama, 21, is poised to open talks with ambitious Saints next week.

The African ­powerhouse said: “My club has agreed a deal with ­Southampton, but I will also have to consider terms before I become a Saint.”

Saints have already splashed out £8.5m on Lyon defender Dejan Lovren.

And now they are aiming to beat Premier League rivals Stoke to the signing of Wanyama.

Randdalf

If you start to search for "isco" on Twitter, the suggested search terms are: "isco mufc", "isco", and "isco united". Muppetry indeed.

Southampton last night moved a step closer to completing a £10m deal for Celtic ace Victor Wanyama, after the midfielder revealed a fee had been agreed between the clubs.

Kenya international Wanyama, 21, is poised to open talks with ambitious Saints next week.

The African ­powerhouse said: “My club has agreed a deal with ­Southampton, but I will also have to consider terms before I become a Saint.”

And now they are aiming to beat Premier League rivals Stoke to the signing of Wanyama.

Doing good business, congrats.

:'(

Slizz

Almost completely fucked myself on one of my summer classes. It's online so I usually do all quizzes/tests/assignments on the last possible due date which is normally Sunday at 11:59 PM. Cut to today, completely forgot the semester ends today and not Sunday. Spent all day doing nothing but recovering from the Heat game, then 4 hours ago I remembered that I had a paper due and 2 quizzes. Just finished.

Also this game called Head Soccer is available on Android now, apparently its been on iOS for a while now. Really fun arcade footy game and a great time waster.

rodvik

You guys are making some quality signings.

faridmon

I'm very skeptical that Square are working on too many projects at once rather than just focusing on getting a game out. From what I've seen the game it self looks great but the operation at S-E has driven a lot of mistrust into me. So I try to avoid getting hyped for S-E games until there is a release date otherwise the wait can feel endless.

Yeah, I am in the same position. I am trying to get caught into the endless NEOGAF hype and especially when it comes Square consoles effort. I will believe it when it gets closer to release and showcase the game in its entirety.

Having said that, I am actually looking forward to the turd that is Lightning Return.

Zabojnik

Got to the end of House of Cards.

Very enjoyable but for me the main plot twist was just ridiculous. Show Homeland'ed itself.

Same here. !!HoC SPOILER!!
Everything that went on before that convinced me that killing someone is where he'd draw the line. Guess not. A classic 'seriously?' moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom