• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

ZSoANYB.jpg

Some chelsea fans might not agree with me but I think rooney is a much better and cheaper option than cavani.

My concern with Rooney is that we'll sign another striker not in a great place/in his best form and that it will end up being another Torres situation. Undoubtedly in my opinion if Torres had been scoring more in the league we'd have been further up the table (how far I couldn't say).

cant wait for his devastating partnership with

s5Tmg2b.jpg

I was so surprised to discover that Chamakh wasn't even a better option than Carlton Cole. What an awful bit of business he turned out to be.

"Arsenal flop Marouane Chamakh has ended up costing the club £14million over the last three years.

The Gunners are actively seeking to offload the striker so that they are not lumbered with his £93,000-a-week salary for another season.

Chamakh, 29, was able to command his whopping wages because he joined Arsenal on a free transfer after winning the title with Bordeaux four years ago."

LegoArmo

My concern with Rooney is that we'll sign another striker not in a great place/in his best form and that it will end up being another Torres situation. Undoubtedly in my opinion if Torres had been scoring more in the league we'd have been further up the table (how far I couldn't say).

I think it's more likely Rooney is underperforming at United and would find a new lease of life at a different club.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The Witcher 2 (Enhanced Edition) for 5.99 on GOG? Wow, that's some deal!

-

Chamakh was decent with Monaco, I'm not sure what happened there.

Salazar

I think it's more likely Rooney is underperforming at United and would find a new lease of life at a different club.

Aye, but we are even less likely to sell him to Chelsea than we are to sell him to Arsenal.

And the only thing more amusing than the idea of selling him to Arsenal is Lightning's belief that he would play second fiddle to Higuain.

Aye, but we are even less likely to sell him to Chelsea than we are to sell him to Arsenal.

If we offered the money I think you would take it, whilst you are certainly not in need of the cash I think it would be obviously helpful to Moyes in putting his own stamp on the team, I reckon you could get at least £30m out of us.

Lightning

Banned

And the only thing more amusing than the idea of selling him to Arsenal is Lightning's belief that he would play second fiddle to Higuain.
I would debate it Salazar but there is no point. With Higuain we would never go for Rooney and if we were serious about Rooney we wouldn't sign Higuain. We would never buy both and if we did Wenger would play them both and since Higuain can't play anywhere else he would have to play central striker with Rooney playing just behind him since he's much more versatile than Higuain.

Because I'm positive Higuain will join us to sit on the bench while Rooney plays lone striker during world cup year.

Salazar

If we offered the money I think you would take it, whilst you are certainly not in need of the cash I think it would be obviously helpful to Moyes in putting his own stamp on the team, I reckon you could get at least £30m out of us.

Papers suggest that we would funnel Rooney money towards Lewa, but there's no chance we sell a good player to a competitive PL club without a fucking rock-solid, uninterruptible avenue for the cash.

And there are no rock-solid deals for players big enough for Rooney's boots.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I would debate it Salazar but there is no point. With Higuain we would never go for Rooney and if we were serious about Rooney we wouldn't sign Higuain. We would never buy both and if we did Wenger would play them both and since Higuain can't play anywhere else he would have to play central striker with Rooney playing just behind him since he's much more versatile than Higuain.

Because I'm positive Higuain will join us to sit on the bench while Rooney plays lone striker during world cup year.

What about Cazorla?

Tc91

The Witcher 2 (Enhanced Edition) for 5.99 on GOG? Wow, that's some deal!

-

Chamakh was decent with Monaco, I'm not sure what happened there.

Insane deal, even better if you want to replay it seeing as they have released a update for new animations and what not.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
We ALMOST signed Neybino two years ago apparently

Fifa agent Franco Zavaglia has claimed that Juventus were on the verge of signing Neymar from Santos for a transfer fee of €35 million only two years ago.

The Turin giants had given Zavaglia a mandate to negotiate a deal for the Brazil international and he quickly reached an agreement with the Sao Paulo side.

However, the move eventually fell through due to Santos' Copa Libertadores success.

"I went to Turin to take on the job and discuss a strategy and then left for Sao Paulo with a mandate to sign Neymar. Brazilian football was starting to get richer, but Santos needed the money, so they were ready to cash in on Neymar," Zavaglia told Tuttosport.

"We reached an agreement over a transfer fee of €35m. A big number, but that was the player's value at the time.

"Santos's vice-president was clear that the agreement wouldn't stand if they made it to the next round of the Copa Libertadores, though. Unfortunately, Santos progressed and even went on to win the trophy for the first time in 48 years.

"That gave Santos the financial resources to hold on to Neymar and have him sign a new and improved contract
."

The 21-year-old stayed put at Santos for two more seasons before eventually leaving the club for Barcelona this summer in a deal worth €57m.

matrix-bullet-o.gif

Arnie

New design is lovely.

Can someone explain to me how this is the Lions first match yet they've been playing for weeks?

And lastly, for those that missed (I'm conscious of you Salazar), whilst we might not have Isco or Thiago in the North West come September, we do have the next best thing.

suso.gif

Wilbur

Banned
I don't know what the fuck a lion is but this isn't a place for sport. This is the TLOU community thread.

Lads.

LADS.

ARNOLD

PREPARE TO HEAR YOUR NAME SUNG

MORSEL

PREPARE TO HAVE YOUR ACCENT IMITATED

Clegg

New design is lovely.

Can someone explain to me how this is the Lions first match yet they've been playing for weeks?

And lastly, for those that missed (I'm conscious of you Salazar), whilst we might not have Isco or Thiago in the North West come September, we do have the next best thing.
The Lions have been playing warm up matches against Australian club/provincial sides for the last few weeks.

Today is the first game of the test series between the lions and the Aussie national team..

Arnie

Operation Paella bros is underway.

Next stop Old Trafford to do battle with Mr Sushi.
I don't know what the fuck a lion is but this isn't a place for sport. This is the TLOU community thread.

Lads.

LADS.

ARNOLD

MORSEL

YOU HAVE A MIC?

I'm at my dad's until tomorrow so I'm out of action for 24 hours. Then I want to sing your name and hear Morsel tell me about denim.

The Lions have been playing warm up matches against Australian club/provincial sides for the last few weeks.

Today is the first game of the test series between the lions and the Aussie national team..
Thanks, seems bigtime.

Might watch it with a brew just because. Will probably turn it off after a few minutes.

Wilbur

Banned
YOU HAVE A MIC?

I'm at my dad's until tomorrow so I'm out of action for 24 hours. Then I want to sing your name and hear Morsel tell me about denim.

Just reserved one at Argos, picking it up in half an hour. Get this right. Nine customer ratings, average score of 5/5. That's a deal

This new niño of yours... how much did he cost? Still a little worried (read: don't give a fuck) that your squad will be very top heavy. I know turkeys like Wooden and Lightning - the Robben and Duff of our times - say the window isn't over yet, but priorities should be addressed first innit.

Lightning

Banned

Lads.

LADS.

ARNOLD

MORSEL

I'm tempted to join and then abuse the fuck out of you in Dutch, Wilbury.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNSc3AsCQAAAUfy.jpg:large[/IMG]

WANT

RE: 4-3-3

Nearly perfect for Champions League, but requires Pepe instead of Tevez for Serie A. And YES to Kolarov.

RE: 3-5-2

No Asamoah, no party. Also, I still think Vucinic should have his starting slot until Tevez or Jovetic or Diamanti or whomever displaces him.

Tc91

Please :( you have like 50 world class midfielders, we have Anderson and #clevzinasia

Hunter says he will meet with his dad and agent(?) today, who have both been working on his move.

Will probably hear something today/tomorrow.

He's crap anyway :p

Marca reporting Isco to Madrid is a done deal now as well so for us to get Thiago would be amazing.

£25m and will be paid in installments apparently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom