• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

644475_410929792299516_767173021_b.jpg

lolololol. good times.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Moyes tells Mazinho that he wants Thiago to be his new Arteta

It's as though Moyes approached Mazinho and said "I want your son to be a Moyes Boy. Don't fight it."

This part made me laugh

Moyes is said to have told Mazinho 'I want him to be like the Arteta I had at Everton', obviously that doesn't mean winning nothing and getting no international recognition before a cut-price move to Arsenal, but more of an explanation of the role Moyes sees Thiago taking.

Wilbur

Banned
How did Moyes use Arteta anyway? Pivot?

Same way Wenger uses him really; feels out a match and starts to set the tempo of it. Only really works when they're in control of a match and he tends to get overrun a little when Arsenal are up against it. He's quite similar to Carrick I think.

He was a little better at his defensive game at Everton I think.

Same way Wenger uses him really; feels out a match and starts to set the tempo of it. Only really works when they're in control of a match and he tends to get overrun a little when Arsenal are up against it. He's quite similar to Carrick I think.

He was a little better at his defensive game at Everton I think.
Hmm, that's what I thought.

I wonder if he sees us playing a double pivot then...

bjaelke

Stephen Martin @StevePaulMartin
Lots of people at the club saying Rodgers' credibility has increased further this week due to his no nonsense approach to transfers. #lfc

Stephen Martin @StevePaulMartin
Rodgers is alleged to have said that LFC's previous negotiating methods were pathetic. #LFC

I think that's an understatement.

New forum layout wont let me use any of the userscripts...and it's not really an improvement over the old one.

Fry

I think that's an understatement.

New forum layout wont let me use any of the userscripts...and it's not really an improvement over the old one.

Fuck, I was worried for a few seconds there. Seeing your post at first glance made me think Rodgers had no credibility due to his nonsense approach to transfers. :lol

Scum

Eh, not really a wide midfielder, bear in mind if he plays wide in a midfield 4 it's far less fluid and interchangeable than he would be in a three with that midfield behind him. Nominally Rooney and Tevez were wide alongside Ronaldo a few years ago but they switched places all the time.
Fair enough. Not that it matters. 4-4-1-1 is what you should be expecting. :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You have the strangest taste here. I think I agree with you on many things but TLoU? no bro. no.

Christ you fucking suck. Count the 60 dollars as penalty for you fucking sucking.

The combat is fucking terrible* dude. Crouching and pressing triangle, is that it?! I'm sure it's fun online but it's not working for me here.

The story, cut-scenes, acting and level design are all top notch though.

*Okay so terrible might be a little harsh but it's just not..enjoyable.

The combat is fucking terrible dude. Crouching and pressing triangle, is that it?! I'm sure it's fun online but it's not working for me here.

The story, cut-scenes, acting and level design are all top notch though.

I gotta disagree Yurt old boy and I went in skeptical too. I don't see what's more basic about it than any other game of its ilk.

Arnie

I don't think the Mkhitaryan saga is over. Multiple ownership complicates things but it doesn't make a transfer impossible. It's in the interest of these guys who invested in him to see him move.

He may end up going to another team like PSG or Monaco, but I don't think Liverpool are giving it up
There's a quote from the Shakhtar manager referring to Mkhitaryan like he's been sold. Don't know if it's bullshit.

Rodgers has just been on Talksport, too. Didn't listen but it'll be on the website later. Said Mignolet was competition for Reina and we're in control of the Suarez situation.

Yen

There's a quote from the Shakhtar manager referring to Mkhitaryan like he's been sold. Don't know if it's bullshit.

Rodgers has just been on Talksport, too. Didn't listen but it'll be on the website later. Said Mignolet was competition for Reina and we're in control of the Suarez situation.

Can't say I agree with this. Wouldn't want a situation like United last year, when Lindegaard and De Gea both seemed to lack confidence. If I'm honest, I would keep Reina as no 1 and spend the £11m elsewhere. Reina hasn't been great for a while (though had an upturn in form in the second half of the season) but I don't think a goalkeeping change is priority.

Mastadon

Banned

What did the Shakhtar manager say?

Rodgers is conducting himself well in this transfer window.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Chievo have won the Discipline Cup as the best behaved side in Serie A this season, but Scudetto-winners Juventus finished last.

The standings were put together by the Lega Serie A based on the number of total sanctions the clubs and their players received.

These include bans for players, fines for crowd behaviour and management staff.

1) Chievo 2) Parma 3) Siena 4) Udinese 5) Palermo 6) Torino 7) Cagliari 8) Bologna 9) Genoa 10) Sampdoria 11) Fiorentina 12) Milan 13) Lazio 14) Catania 15) Pescara 16) Napoli 17) Atalanta 18) Inter 19) Roma 20) Juventus

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom