• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Don't get too attached to Henrikh Mkhitaryan, his agent is Mino Raiola.

I am not trolling here (honest) but what does Higuain do that makes him so well regarded. When I have watched Real he tends to be pretty anonymous. What am I missing? Does he have excellent movement that disrupts defences or something?
He's a flat-track bully.
What is Arsenal's formation supposed to look like next season? Do you need both a prima punta like Higuain and a supporting/creative striker like Jojo?
Like us, they just want to see new faces. :p

Zabojnik

Any comics lovers in here? I've only read a few non-manga comics over the years, classics like Watchmen, Sandman and a few others I didn't enjoy nearly as much. The Walking Dead being one of them. Other than that ... I know nothing. I'd like to fix that, mainly for myself, but I'm thinking it could also be the basis for an article I'm planning.

Basically, I'm interested in two types of comic books: a) adult comics (boobs, gore, sure ... but mostly stuff that deals with adult themes and is not superhero related. People tell me Saga is one such series, I'll have to check it out.) and b) newer non-Marvel & non-DC superhero comics (could be anything really, but it has to a somewhat fresh take on the superhero genre).

I realize I should and will post this in the comics OT, but I thought I'd ask here first. Any recommendations?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You can have Jovetic, we don't want him if we can get Higuain. I don't want new faces, I wan't goal scorers.

Higuain can score more goals for us than Jovetic.

That's a given considering one is a poacher and the other one is a secondary striker.

Lightning

Banned
That's a given considering one is a poacher and the other one is a secondary striker.
Okay. Do Juventus have the means of aquiring both? Higuain and Jovetic that is since I'm told anyway that Jovetic is a greater priority for Juve.

If we sign Higuain then there is no chance in hell we're going to sign Jovetic. Midfield would then become our next priority. Jovetic would get in the way of Wilshere or Cazorla and is not required.

Here's a nice stat, their goals in Europe:

Higuain 8 goals in 48.

Jovetic 9 goals in 12.
Nice one but compare overall goals scored for club and country in all games and not one that make Jovetic look better than he really is. Fiorentina are hardly a consistent in Europe that Real Madrid are.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Okay. Do Juventus have the means of aquiring both? Higuain and Jovetic that is since I'm told anyway that Jovetic is a greater priority for Juve.
We do but we won't.

But who knows? Allegedly Conte 'demanded' two proven strikers. So If we sell Matri and Quag, that's a little less than 20m there.
Lightning said:
Nice one but compare overall goals scored for club and country in all games and not one that make Jovetic look better than he really is. Fiorentina are hardly a consistent in Europe that Real Madrid are

Still, Jovetic is NOT a centre forward. We're not buying him to 'score 20 goals' for us, he'd be more like Del Piero/Vucinic.

Your second point makes Higuain look even worse. Jovetic outscored him in 1-2 seasons.

Lightning

Banned
baby steps. first the league, then Europe.
What do you reckon of a potential Higuain signing? He would be much more useful to us than Jovetic, imo.

Still, Jovetic is NOT a centre forward. We're not buying him to 'score 20 goals' for us, he'd be more like Del Piero/Vucinic.

Your second point makes Higuain look even worse. Jovetic outscored him in 1-2 seasons.
Higuain in the last 5 seasons;

207 games with 111 goals and 40 assists for Real Madrid

32 games with 20 goals and 9 assists for Argentina

That is mighty impressive. Jovetic's stats are not as impressive but there is more to it than that. I would rather Higuain by far to Jovetic though.

jtb

Banned
What do you reckon of a potential Higuain signing? He would be much more useful to us than Jovetic, imo.

I think he's just what we need. I think Wenger would try to mold Jovetic into a lone striker anyways so why lose another season on a failed experiment when we can get a proven goal-scorer now? Plus, he's affordable and probably is willing to come.

Zabojnik

If we were to sell Quaglia and Matri for 15M€ total (everybody knows we need the money to finance one or two top players, so they're all going to lowball us) and devote our full budget to the above two players ... probably. But we're talking Marotta here. He'll want to sign 6-7 players, which will eat away a good 20-30M€. We'll be left with 20M€ if we're lucky and Marry will do what he always does. Place a laughable bid for a world-class (or near enough) player, hope for a miracle and then sign Gervinho on the last day of the transfer season.

The sad thing is that Conte demanded we sign at least two classy players to have a better shot in Europe. If he's doesn't get them, he's a goner next season. Of that I'm pretty sure. Wouldn't blame him either.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
baby steps. first the league, then Europe.

True, for Arsneal! For us, it's the opposite in this transfer window.

Neither is the solution in the CL. But (to me) Llorente-Jovetic looks so much better than Llorente-Higuain. :p

Higuain in the last 5 seasons;

207 games with 111 goals and 40 assists for Real Madrid

32 games with 20 goals and 9 assists for Argentina

That is mighty impressive. Jovetic's stats are not as impressive but there is more to it than that. I would rather Higuain by far to Jovetic though.

Again, you're comparing two different players.

Think Del Piero and Trezeguet.

Zabojnik

Neither is the solution in the CL. But (to me) Llorente-Jovetic looks so much better than Llorente-Higuain. :p

I think so too. At the same time though, I think a world-class poacher (and then some) would do us a world of good. There's also the Vucinic/Jovetic 'problem'. They're pretty similar strikers.

Lightning

Banned
Again, you're comparing two different players.

Think Del Piero and Trezeguet.
I know they are different players but you brought up the goal scoring stats in Europe which I was pointing out are not a true reflection.

Higuain would be ideal for Arsenal. He would be awesome, much better than Jovetic for us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Zabo why can't we just sell EVERYONE. Yes, including Mirko.
I know they are different players but you brought up the goal scoring stats in Europe which I was pointing out are not a true reflection.
It isn't, but it's still quite embarrassing. His record is even worse than Zlatan.

..and Chamakh.

Lightning

Banned
He isn't in sale because Madrid is supposedly asking for at least 30 million(€). I don't see any team going that crazy for him.
If the reports are not bs we've offered you that amount. Besides, someone will offer you the amount if Juventua or Arsenal don't.

Zabojnik

Zabo why can't we just sell EVERYONE. Yes, including Mirko.

Matri/Quaglia: because Marotta won't want to sell them for a discounted price and they're in no hurry to leave.
Vucinic: see above + out of gratitude for the past two seasons

That's what you get for buying 28yo players. Unless they're world-class, like Tevez, you're stuck with them once they reach 30.

He isn't in sale because Madrid is supposedly asking for at least 30 million(€). I don't see any team going that crazy for him.

I'm pretty sure Arsenal can and will cough up 30M€, if they decide Higuain is the player they want above all others. More than that though, Pipita said he wants to leave and seemed pretty unconditional about it. In the end, it's the players who decide.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The fee will not be as decisive as his decision. He's not being forced out for money.

he's being forced out to bring in Cavani/Suarez

Edit: Beaten

Zabojnik

Yurt, what about Gabbiadini? Would you bring him home and have him be our 4th/5th striker or leave him at a 'friendly' club for one more season, provided they play him in his natural role, unlike Bologna? He'd be perfect for Samp and we're about to renew his co-ownership with them. Think 2013/2014 could be his breakout season, provided he has a decent squad behind him.

Also, Zaza. It looks like we're set on acquiring half of his cartellino and park him at Sassuolo. I just hope we'll leave Gabbiadini out of this deal.

I see van Ginkel has spoken openly about his options, I think he should stay for another season.

But having said that top clubs won't wanna miss out and Vittese may want to cash in on his level of stock right now.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Zidane:

“I think Real Madrid have made their admiration of Gareth Bale very clear – and it has been made clear that we would not be put off by the cost of the player. But if Gareth feels now is the time to move then he has to have a private discussion with his club and express that he wants to leave.”

Just fuck off now. It's getting embarrassing. I thought Madrid behaved poorly during the Modric saga but this is pathetic. I hope next year Bale joins a club with some manners.

FootballFan

Zidane:

Just fuck off now. It's getting embarrassing. I thought Madrid behaved poorly during the Modric saga but this is pathetic. I hope next year Bale joins a club with some manners.

Typical. From top to bottom, horrible club. Relegation would be too kind.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yurt, what about Gabbiadini? Would you bring him home to be the 4th/5th striker or leave him at a 'friendly' club for one more season, provided they play him in his natural role, unlike Bologna? He'd be perfect for Samp and we're about to renew his co-ownership with them. Think 2013/2014 could be his breakout season, provided he has a decent squad behind him.

Also, Zaza. It looks like we're set on acquiring half of his cartellino and park him at Sassuolo. I just hope we'll leave Gabbiadini out of this deal.

He's too young, I'd feel bad seeing him warm our bench like Marrone. :( Let's send him anywhere BUT Bologna.

I know nothing about Zaza but
GdS: Ogbonna & Zaza could be signed this week. Both deals hinge on player exchanges

So yeah, Gabbiadini is gone somewhere.

Zidane:

Oh well at least you can bump that price up a cheeky 10 mil now we know no fucks are given at all about price.

rodvik

Just lost about 1.5 seasons worth of progress on FM.

FML.

I rather wish i had. I am up to 2022. last season I was poached from Crystal palace (who got relegated)) by West Brom who then fired me after keeping them up (ungrateful gits).

I now run Southampton and am at 15th place, January, in the PL and plummeting like a rock.

Frankly I blame the players attitude. I have just increased their training level to injury inducing levels, that should sort the buggers out.

Zabojnik

Matri + Vucinic + Quag + 65m <----> Cavani

=

Juv 2014 CL winners

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
:lol I can't wait for the tears.

Tears? If Madrid's classless antics result in us getting £80m there will be no tears. That would probably be better for the team.

Madrid like to talk about being the best club in the galaxy and how rich they are but if that were true they:

1. Would be able to beat Atletico in a final
2. Would pay the money instead of behaving like scumbags

No other club behaves the way they do. Anyway, this shit won't work on Levy or Bale, so it's all moot.

Mastadon

Banned
Tears? If Madrid's classless antics result in us getting £80m there will be no tears. That would probably be better for the team.

Madrid like to talk about being the best club in the galaxy and how rich they are but if that were true they:

1. Would be able to beat Atletico in a final
2. Would pay the money instead of behaving like scumbags

No other club behaves the way they do. Anyway, this shit won't work on Levy or Bale, so it's all moot.

Barca aren't any better to be fair, you'd think Madrid would have learnt from the Modric deal though. Levy will steal Perez's soul.

Sloosha

Any comics lovers in here? I've only read a few non-manga comics over the years, classics like Watchmen, Sandman and a few others I didn't enjoy nearly as much. The Walking Dead being one of them. Other than that ... I know nothing. I'd like to fix that, mainly for myself, but I'm thinking it could also be the basis for an article I'm planning.

Basically, I'm interested in two types of comic books: a) adult comics (boobs, gore, sure ... but mostly stuff that deals with adult themes and is not superhero related. People tell me Saga is one such series, I'll have to check it out.) and b) newer non-Marvel & non-DC superhero comics (could be anything really, but it has to a somewhat fresh take on the superhero genre).

I realize I should and will post this in the comics OT, but I thought I'd ask here first. Any recommendations?

Arkon could probably give you a good list - wherever he is.

Anyway here are some off the top of my head.

1) Scalped
2) Fables
3) Transmetropolitan
4) Northlanders
5) Hellblazer
6) Y: The Last Man
7) American Vampire (Only read the first trade but it's been pretty good so far)
8) Preacher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom