• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

It's 4 am and I'm still sitting here, working on a presentation while simultaneously watching UFC and browsing GAF.

Fuck.

I tried working today, ended up eating a bunch of supremely good food for lunch and basically being in a food coma for the rest of the day. Going to try and fall asleep early, wake up early and knock all my shit out.

Facism

^that song is literally Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: The themetune.

People are so fucking thick in TLOU multiplayer. down to 1 man standing in each team, their guy is nearly dead. Our guy decides to ignore him and try to revive one of us instead of just shooting the baddie once.

He gets fucking capped and we lose.

And then there's the fools who run around trying to run and gun. NOT HAPPENING QUIT THE GAME SELL YOUR PS3 BUY A XBONE YOU'RE CLEARLY TOO STUPID TO OWN A DECENT CONSOLE. I forgot how lacking in gamesense console gamers seem to be. Outside GAF parties it's a wasteland of people as singleminded as the infected within the game.

People are so fucking thick in TLOU multiplayer. down to 1 man standing in each team, their guy is nearly dead. Our guy decides to ignore him and try to revive one of us instead of just shooting the baddie once.

And then there's the fools who run around trying to run and gun. NOT HAPPENING QUIT THE GAME SELL YOUR PS3 BUY A XBONE YOU'RE CLEARLY TOO STUPID TO OWN A DECENT CONSOLE. I forgot how lacking in gamesense console gamers seem to be. Outside GAF parties it's a wasteland of people as singleminded as the infected within the game.

Should of played with us dude.

Just tried 3 games of Survivors

FUCK SUPPLY RAID

Shit me, Survivors is tense. The sparse ammo and supplies really comes to the fore when you don't respawn. I died and watched a teammate down an enemy, and try shooting him in he head, only to realise they'd run out of ammo in the clip. They then got killed mid-reload.

The risk-reward balance is fantastic. Not used the Listen Mode thingy yet, holding my own though

Are you on now?

How do you level up btw? Still stuck on Level 0 after 5 games.

I like how unspent resources get converted to clan resources.

Facism

Just tried 3 games of Survivors

FUCK SUPPLY RAID

Shit me, Survivors is tense. The sparse ammo and supplies really comes to the fore when you don't respawn. I died and watched a teammate down an enemy, and try shooting him in he head, only to realise they'd run out of ammo in the clip. They then got killed mid-reload.

The risk-reward balance is fantastic. Not used the Listen Mode thingy yet, holding my own though

Are you on now?

nah it's 4am fancy a run and then bed.

My psn id is in my previous post behind email tags. Send me a request.

Zabojnik

State of Decay > TLOU

I've been watching Hannibal these last few days. Goddamn, Gillian Anderson still looks stunning. A true beauty.

Facism

State of Decay > TLOU

I've been watching Hannibal these last few days. Goddamn, Gillian Anderson still looks stunning. A true beauty.

I've got a scab on my elbow from football last week. It's starting to peel, revealing the fresh, tender new skin underneath.

Salvadora

State of Decay > TLOU

I'm going to go out on a limb and call it the best show I've watched this year.

And that includes House of Cards.

The cinematography is the jaw dropping. Seriously some of the best I've seen between TV & movies. And Mads... my God. He is Hannibal.

FootballFan

ibwNrws0Ji1v18.JPG

I can teach the town folk a new greeting.

Hahah.

Going onTLoU again, if anyone wants to join me

Can you guys stop playing and wait til I get it in about a week. Thanks.

Just imagine how many posts there would have been if it were during the regular season.

I'd like the OTs to absorb tournament and final discussion. It would encourage new members to post in here, and it'd be interesting to see just how many OTs we'd get through in a season.

Mummy pls

GorillaJu

Girls who try to make songs some kind of romantic or poetic relationship connection annoy the shit out of me. The above convo prompted me to listen to the Decemberists, and it reminded me of my ex like 8 years ago who wanted me to sit and listen to her sing "The Engine Driver." It made me want to vomit. Ruined that song for me, but I managed to preserve my precious The Glow, Pt. 2 despite the fact that she declared "I Want Wind to Blow" is our song.

Sometimes I think I'm Larry David.

I'd totally play TLOU with FootyGaf but latency from Japan would be insufferable.

Girls who try to make songs some kind of romantic or poetic relationship connection annoy the shit out of me. The above convo prompted me to listen to the Decemberists, and it reminded me of my ex like 8 years ago who wanted me to sit and listen to her sing "The Engine Driver." It made me want to vomit. Ruined that song for me, but I managed to preserve my precious The Glow, Pt. 2 despite the fact that she declared "I Want Wind to Blow" is our song.

I'd totally play TLOU with FootyGaf but latency from Japan would be insufferable.

I had no bars on my connection indicator and it played fine :)

Clegg

I'd like the OTs to absorb tournament and final discussion. It would encourage new members to post in here, and it'd be interesting to see just how many OTs we'd get through in a season.

Mummy pls

In theory we'd get non-regulars into the thread to discuss the major finals/tournaments. But the problem is that we're in the community section which doesn't have as much traffic when compared to OT.

Some non-regulars wouldn't even know we're here.

In theory we'd get non-regulars into the thread to discuss the major finals/tournaments. But the problem is that we're in the community section which doesn't have as much traffic when compared to OT.

Some non-regulars wouldn't even know we're here.

I think there should be a daily/whenever relevant newsletter on the Gaf homepage, just notifying people of where the big discussions are taking place. Rundowns of megathreads with info on where abouts in the thread the turning points occur, that kind of thing

So you'd go on gaf at the start of the day and you'd see, with the relevant links:

Gaming -

Game-breaking-glitch found in TLoU, workaround detailed in post 437
Major Nelson details XBox One DRM, important info in post 82 onwards

Off-topic -
State of Emergency declared as funghal infection spreads throughout New Zealand
All FIFA World Cup discussion in the Football thread

Salvadora

Mourinho is quoted in the Guardian as saying that Shevchenko was not forced upon him by Roman. They went all out after Eto'o and after Barcelona refused they turned to him.

Huh.

Wonder if it's true or just revisionism.

Scum

5am. Time to get some rest.

FUSE OT - 21 days, 434 posts
Football OT22 - 13 hours, 824 posts

Ouch.

lol @ FUSE! I remember a thread started by someone on GamingGAF that stated how EA had published four FPS in five months! And they have the gull to bitch about used game sales. The quicker they're business strategy fails, the better.

ATF487

Good, no one should be able to ruin the Glow, pt 2

just put on the moon after reading this

bud23

It's 4 am and I'm still sitting here, working on a presentation while simultaneously watching UFC and browsing GAF.

Fuck.

It´s 6 am here, I just go back home and I'm sitting here, completely drunk, betting on a Japan-Finland (volleyball match and I know shit about volleyball) and browsing GAF.

Fuck da life.

Meier

My Sheffield United just won League 1 convincingly but I'm going to get almost an entire new team once I move up to the Championship -- yikes. City won the PL again going away and just beat Man U in the finals of the UCL. My god how sweet would that be......

GorillaJu

My Sheffield United just won League 1 convincingly but I'm going to get almost an entire new team once I move up to the Championship -- yikes. City won the PL again going away and just beat Man U in the finals of the UCL. My god how sweet would that be......

You're obsessed.

bud23

Things are getting worse and worse, I just put 25 euro on a netball match, netball?, didn't know it was a sport, I´m learning things. Go Northern Mystics!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom