• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one's going to believe Mou.

It's hilarious that they think it's some kind of FootyGAF invention.

It's true - nobody knows what happened with Mourinho, whether he wanted the United job, whether he was offered it.

But over the last 3/4 hears you hear most journalists say on the radio or tv talk shows that they think Mourinho wanted the United job, that everything he says off the record suggests that. Even stuff he has said on the record at least alluded to it. It's not some kind of FootyGAF fantasy.

So then why did he say this in 2008?

So lets ignore all the other quotes and interviews where he says they left each other and what not, even calling it a perfect divorce and only look at that one lol. There's no doubt he was pressured out by both Roman and the board, but at the end of the day they left on mutual agreement like at Real because it would otherwise no doubt end up with a firing.

But over the last 3/4 hears you hear most journalists say on the radio or tv talk shows that they think Mourinho wanted the United job, that everything he says off the record suggests that. Even stuff he has said on the record at least alluded to it. It's not some kind of FootyGAF fantasy.

Maybe it was a United supporters fantasy.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mutual agreement is just a dignified way of saying sacked.

But who cares if he was sacked or not? He's back now.

So lets ignore all the other quotes and interviews where he says they left each other and what not, even calling it a perfect divorce and only look at that one lol. There's no doubt he was pressured out by both Roman and the board, but at the end of the day they left on mutual agreement like at Real because it would otherwise no doubt end up with a firing.

In the same interview where that quote is from, he speaks about how his relationship with Abramovich is really good and they're friends and whatever. Mutual agreement is just a nice way of not telling the full story.

Just saying - he himself has said before that he was fired. He was either lying then, or now.

Maybe it was a United supporters fantasy.
Yeah, maybe.

But seeing as almost everyone but Chelsea fans think so, might not be.

Wilbur

Banned
were you making freehweelin a headrest last night

poor freewheelin

I went out and got blottoed and my mate got put in the back of a meat wagon for going in HAM on TK Maxx's window with left over kebab, and then I got my foot stuck in a bin

poor me

This community is amazing. We've got:

Sal --------------> Wilbury

And everyone in between.

In terms of face hairiness, this is probably right. Sal is Alpha. I am Omega.

qindarka

Banned
Yeah, maybe.

But seeing as almost everyone but Chelsea fans think so, might not be.

So what? We know the pathetic state of journalism and the ignorance and gullibility of fans. The majority opinion means nothing.

Not that I think us Chelsea fans are necessarily right about this either.

It's just frustrating to see people be so confident in their opinions when we really don't know much.

Mutual agreement is just a dignified way of saying sacked.

But who cares if he was sacked or not? He's back now.

Well not necessarily, but it probably was here, especially with Mourinho only adding to the fire behind the scenes at the time. But no, I really don't care that much, I will leave it to the United supporters and Arnie in here to obsess about everything Mourinho related.

So what? We know the pathetic state of journalism and the ignorance and gullibility of fans. The majority opinion means nothing.

Not that I think us Chelsea fans are necessarily right about this either.
As I said, nobody knows the exact truth.

I'm saying the idea Mourinho wanted the United job isn't something exclusive to redcafe. You just have to google the above to get multiple articles and videos about it from the journos/people around football.

It really doesn't matter now anyways, he's at Chelsea now and Moyes is at United. Everyone is happy, or they claim to be anyway.

Wilbur

Banned
I lifted some weights yesterday and now my left arm cannot extend out straight

What the

Looooooooooooooooooool you pussy

I did 30 minutes on the cross trainer the other day, felt like someone had been punching my arse and thighs with the force of a thousand baboons

Because their is none, other than GAFers saying he sucked up to United in a interview or some shit. This thread has been shit ever since the season ended.

The illusion that this thread was ever quality to begin with has to end, and it has to end now

I'm not a Chelsea fan, just saying I've seen nowhere where Mourinho has mentioned wanting the job (on or off the record) Only thing closest I've seen is Bobby Charlton saying he should never have the job if Fergie leaves which was from the middle of last season.

Hixx

I went out and got blottoed and my mate got put in the back of a meat wagon for going in HAM on TK Maxx's window with left over kebab, and then I got my foot stuck in a bin

poor me

In terms of face hairiness, this is probably right. Sal is Alpha. I am Omega.

i take that as a no

Wilbur

Banned
At least it was fun.

You're only missing out on the fun because you're breathing into a respirator and vehemently shaking your head that pwecious Jose ever wanted to go somewhere that Michael Essien wouldn't be giving him morning handies.

Genuinely, we know less than all journalists, all proper in the knows, all credible blogs and sources and whatnot. And there's an awful lot of them who say that Mourinho had an interest in the United job.

As would almost any manager of course, because who would turn down an opportunity like that? But it's a moot point. He's at Chelsea. Who gives a fuck whether he wanted the job or not? He didn't get it. He was beaten to it. By a ginger.

You're only missing out on the fun because you're breathing into a respirator and vehemently shaking your head that pwecious Jose ever wanted to go somewhere that Michael Essien wouldn't be giving him morning handies.

Genuinely, we know less than all journalists, all proper in the knows, all credible blogs and sources and whatnot. And there's an awful lot of them who say that Mourinho had an interest in the United job.

As would almost any manager of course, because who would turn down an opportunity like that? But it's a moot point. He's at Chelsea. Who gives a fuck whether he wanted the job or not? He didn't get it. He was beaten to it. By a ginger.

If Moyes fucks up, I will post the mou "no words" gif.

qindarka

Banned

It's not so much about that. I know Mourinho could well be lying and it would be hard to blame him for wanting to join United.

It' just that we tend to be so confident in their opinions that are not backed up, especially those that suit our agenda. And some posters here have been absolutely insufferable in regards to Mourinho, posting bollocks all the time, it's hard not to be bitter.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I bet Mou regrets all of that fine Portuguese wine he wasted on Fergie.

It happens Mou, it happens.

Wilbur

Banned
If Moyes fucks up, I will post the mou "no words" gif.

I will refrain from posting for a full eleven hours

It's not so much about that. I know Mourinho could well be lying and it would be hard to blame him for wanting to join United.

It' just that we tend to be so confident in their opinions that are not backed up, especially those that suit our agenda. And some posters here have been absolutely insufferable in regards to Mourinho, posting bollocks all the time, it's hard not to be bitter.

m8 I love Mourinho and have said so time and time and time again on this forum. Got no ill feeling towards him, no bitterness that he's at Chelsea instead, no agenda to follow because I didn't actually want him as manager in the first place. But I think there's been enough smoke in the media the last few years concerning Mou/United that there's bound to be a little fire

qindarka

Banned
m8 I love Mourinho and have said so time and time and time again on this forum. Got no ill feeling towards him, no bitterness that he's at Chelsea instead, no agenda to follow because I didn't actually want him as manager in the first place. But I think there's been enough smoke in the media the last few years concerning Mou/United that there's bound to be a little fire

Yeah, I didn't mean you. Just so that I don't vaguely insult the rest of the posters here, I will admit I was mostly referring to Arnie, and maybe he is coloring my view on the general sentiment here.

Arnie

I didn't think Mourinho wanted the United job until he behaved the way he did at Old Trafford. Lost a lot of my respect for him that night. He betrayed his persona to lick arse and audition.

If that's what he's going to be like back in the league then fuck it, I'd rather have Redknapp back.

Spain vs Uruguay should be good today.

Even more opportunity for Suarez/Cavani to comment on their futures too.

Edit - not sure Cavani actually says anything actually, but maybe he will

Wilbur

Banned
I didn't think Mourinho wanted the United job until he behaved the way he did at Old Trafford. Lost a lot of my respect for him that night. He betrayed his persona to lick arse and audition.

If that's what he's going to be like back in the league then fuck it, I'd rather have Redknapp back.

Don't think that was entirely just a United job audition, but it certainly played a part. You'd also have to add his penchant for making headlines and a general want to fuck off Real Madrid, but by then it was pretty pointless as he was already gone irrespective of whether he won the CL or not.

Madrid and Man City finishing trophy-less was the only good thing to come out of last season. Aside from Sturrinho

6F2vzMV.jpg

Want

@FW,the PS4 is up for preorder on Sainsbury's Entertainment for £315 with the discount applied, although its too late to get it on launch probably. I'm gonna wait for the discount to go up and then order it, might be able to get it for under £300

Arnie

Don't think that was entirely just a United job audition, but it certainly played a part. You'd also have to add his penchant for making headlines and a general want to fuck off Real Madrid, but by then it was pretty pointless as he was already gone irrespective of whether he won the CL or not.
I suppose he'd lost all fight for Real Madrid at that point, so it's hard to properly judge. Imagine him coming out after a Chelsea defeat to United and saying they deserved to lose. It just wouldn't happen. At least it wouldn't have happened in his initial spell at the club, but he's a dour old man now and he's admitted to everyone through both words and actions that he's a much different character now.

Watching that press conference was harrowing.

Wilbur

Banned
PSG winning Ligue 1 was irrelevant. It would have been hilarious if they hadn't, but it was hardly a success story imo

Ah yeah I mean in terms of how people would rather have anyone else win it

Pretty stunning stat: neither team has EVER come from behind at home to win in Wear-Tyne derby. Wow.

That's nuts. I thought someone would have buckled under the pressure of being ahead of something. How many games is that?

I suppose he'd lost all fight for Real Madrid at that point, so it's hard to properly judge. Imagine him coming out after a Chelsea defeat to United and saying they deserved to lose. It just wouldn't happen. At least it wouldn't have happened in his initial spell at the club, but he's a dour old man now and he's admitted to everyone through both words and actions that he's a much different character now.

Watching that press conference was harrowing.

Mm, I'm certainly interested to see how he does. After that press conference last week I wouldn't know as a Chelsea fan whether to be confident that he's throwing around words like stability or nervous that some of his fire has gone.

There's an energy about the unknown in Pellegrini that I'm not sure Moyes or Mou can match. City will go in big next season.

Don't forget Juve.

But Juve are bros for life

Arnie

why am I considering getting an Xbox One first

why
Well going off exclusive games it had a far better show than the PS4. But I couldn't justify paying the extra for a console that's technically inferior.

Not too jazzed about either. Sony announced fuck all for the PS4 to get me excited, and then told me I'd have to pay for online. So what's the incentive to switch from my Live account?

Both seem quite underwhelming to me. But there's a few multiplatform games that look exceptional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom