• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

i think i actually wiped and flushed it first before i got out of there, hahaha.

it was one of those "don't make any sudden movements.... operate slowly..." situations. i was freaked out, but i didn't want to anger the great beast.

Lightning

Banned
Samuel ‏@samuelj29060 28m

Gonzalo Higuaín's father & agent Jorge: "Nothing signed with Arsenal yet, but talks are advanced between the clubs." #AFC
Moving along. Get it done before City or Chelsea stick their nose where it's not wanted.

Moving along. Get it done before City or Chelsea stick their nose where it's not wanted.
Neither club will go for Higuain.

I heard somebody make a good point on the radio today. Higuain was good enough that Mourinho wasn't prepared to sell him at Madrid, but he isn't that good that he will sign him for Chelsea even though he knows he's available.

Messi

i think i actually wiped and flushed it first before i got out of there, hahaha.

it was one of those "don't make any sudden movements.... operate slowly..." situations. i was freaked out, but i didn't want to anger the great beast.

I know dem feels

How many songs did they play?

Did they play Flesh and Bone? A new song?

I'd fuck off the bathroom as fast as Wilbur's ejaculations.
Not sure, they were on for about 2 hours.

No idea if they played any new songs, was watching the football for most of it so only caught 3/4 songs near the end.

Lightning

Banned
Neither club will go for Higuain.

I heard somebody make a good point on the radio today. Higuain was good enough that Mourinho wasn't prepared to sell him at Madrid, but he isn't that good that he will sign him for Chelsea even though he knows he's available.
Or because there was a fallout between Higuain and Mourinho? He did annoy the shit out of several players and i'm sure Higuain was less than amused with Mou's in and out of the team rotation policy.

City don't want him yet but should Tevez or Dzeko leave as rumoured then that could change too. Would rather no chances taken as been bitten before and didn't like it.

I don't think they're necessarily worse, other than their high reproduction rate. Not sure if they're more resilient than other species and at least in Germany they usually don't pass on the diseases they spread elsewhere (e.g. tuberculosis). I also barely eat in my apartment, so that's another issue less.

The problem for me is the disgust they cause and that I really, really don't want to bring them elsewhere. The worst case for me would be if I carried them elsewhere.
I heard they were developing. But I couldn't keep reading, the article image was too disgusting.

Best corse to take is to spray your stuff before moving so you don't take them with you!

K1LLER7

Ryan Giggs "Cristiano Ronaldo is the best player Ive played with in my career".

That's right Giggsy, start the tapping up.

He also says Thiago is great but a lot of top players are linked with United.

Timurid

Amazing assist!

ibudD6Q4ftQz1O.gif

Or because there was a fallout between Higuain and Mourinho? He did annoy the shit out of several players and i'm sure Higuain was less than amused with Mou's in and out of the team rotation policy.

City don't want him yet but should Tevez or Dzeko leave as rumoured then that could change too. Would rather no chances taken as been bitten before and didn't like it.
True that is also a possibility.

Nonetheless I feel like it sums up his current level quite well.

I don't think I'll ever understand why young players are desperate to move into the toxic, counter-progressive atmosphere of Real Madrid
Real Madrid yo, worlds biggest club.

To be fair recently a fair few young players have done okay after going there. Ozil and Di Maria in the last couple of years. Varane too. Sergio Ramos has become a mainstay. Benzema and Higuain have both had their struggles but even so they've played alot of games for the club.

Obv. there are examples of players who haven't played and stunted their development...but there are succeses too.

Isco will be fine anyways I think, he's good enough to make sure of it.

Timurid

True that is also a possibility.

Nonetheless I feel like it sums up his current level quite well.

Real Madrid yo, worlds biggest club.

To be fair recently a fair few young players have done okay after going there. Ozil and Di Maria in the last couple of years. Varane too. Sergio Ramos has become a mainstay. Benzema and Higuain have both had their struggles but even so they've played alot of games for the club.

Obv. there are examples of players who haven't played and stunted their development...but there are succeses too.

Isco will be fine anyways I think, he's good enough to make sure of it.

Ancelotti is going to play dem oldies

K1LLER7

Why is everyone saying Isco will go to Madrid?
I still think he could end up at City.

Also, isn't it only the Spanish papers reporting this?

K1LLER7

Timu are you happy with Blanc. Like genuinely really happy he's the manager?

Or you just hoping he can tide you over till you get someone else?

And who are PSG gonna sign?

They'll take Rooney for 30M.

They've got a good team already, surprised they aren't in for Thiago.

Arnie

No. Just no. This isn't a coup, you aren't sneaking in ahead of the premier league big boys.

Neither City nor Chelsea will make a big money move for Higuain. The money Real are asking for doesn't justify the improvement he would make to their current strikers. He wouldn't start for City as it is, and if Mourinho didn't consistently prefer him at Real he's not going to fill up that last striker spot and spend a large chunk of his budget on him now.

Timurid

Timu are you happy with Blanc. Like genuinely really happy he's the manager?

Or you just hoping he can tide you over till you get someone else?

And who are PSG gonna sign?

I'm kinda worry how he'll handle the locker room, but aside from that if can recreate what he did with his Bordeaux side a few years ago then I'll be happy. Supposedly he signed a two year contract so i don't what this means for Wenger next summer.

It seems that Blanc gave the green light for David Luiz. We're also fighting Roma for Digne and we want El Shaa. We don't need a striker anymore because Blanc will probably do a 4-2-3-1 and Ibra will be fine up top.

Clegg

New Arcade Fire album comes out on the 9th of September.

This has been a pretty good year for music imo. Nick Caves album was great, as was the new stuff from QoTSA, Sigur Ros, Bowie and The National. The only stuff I've been disappointed by is the new Daft Punk album and Yeezuz.

Phoenix and U2 are due to release new stuff this year too.

Wilbur

Banned
New Arcade Fire album comes out on the 9th of September.

This has been a pretty good year for music imo. Nick Caves album was great, as was the new stuff from QoTSA, Sigur Ros, Bowie and The National. The only stuff I've been disappointed by is the new Daft Punk album and Yeezuz.

Phoenix and U2 are due to release new stuff this year too.

Yeezus is absolute top notch on later listens I think

Clegg

Apparently United's head scout Jim Lawlor "doesn't rate" Victor Wanyama very highly. So that's a player we're definitely not going after.

Isco is "too slow" and "doesn't influence the game enough" so he's not a target either.

LegoArmo

Apparently United's head scout Jim Lawlor "doesn't rate" Victor Wanyama very highly. So that's a player we're definitely not going after.

Isco is "too slow" and "doesn't influence the game enough" so he's not a target either.

Hmm, not too clever.

Lightning

Banned
WTF Tony Adams...

TONY ADAMS has launched a scathing attack on Arsenal — and offered to join the board to help find Arsene Wenger’s replacement.

The Gunners legend fears the club are “miles away” from winning the title.

He also insists they are ill-prepared to replace boss Wenger should he decide to leave at the end of next season.

Adams blasted: “It’s time that Arsenal won something again, even the FA Cup or League Cup. But I can’t see it, to be honest.

“They are still not good enough in certain areas of the team. And they are miles off the title.”

Adams, 46, revealed he offered to join the Arsenal board but never received a response.

And he was stunned when the club named 73-year-old Chips Keswick as chairman last week, saying the appointment lacked imagination.

RELATED STORIES

UPDATED I thought I ticked all the right boxes.. then they hired 73-yr old

The former Gunners captain added: “Chips is a great guy but not a very imaginative choice by the owner. And he is 73.

“If they just wanted a figurehead, they should have gone for me. It would have been a better visionary decision than Chips.”

Wenger, who has not won a trophy in eight years, is being tipped for the Paris Saint-Germain hotseat when his contract expires next summer.

Adams added: “They should be lining up the new manager. Chief executive Ivan Gazidis is in a tricky situation and could do with some help.

Clegg

Adams is spot on. Arsenal aren't anywhere near winning the league title. Wenger has got to go before the entire first team is comprised of feeble waifs who are afraid of scurrying forward lest they break their neat little triangles.

K1LLER7

Got all my exams and coursework results back for the year. Got a 2:1 :D

tumblr_monisxnBjo1ry1gh1o3_400.gif

Good luck to anyone else who's waiting on results.

Now on to the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom