• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Neymar goal was good but still just a free kick innit, can't really judge ability on them outside of set piece finesse. Balo assist was lovely. Italy look a shadow of the team from the Euros but like I said earlier and others have said, now is the time to be experimental.

Japan lost all three games? Shinji :(

Isco to Madrid, yayyyy. Should play Alonso as pivot, Modric and Isco in midfield. Fuck Khedira.

Thiago pls

/wilburout

FootballFan

Add me to the Pokemans' list as well.

Welcome to the x/y bros.

X/Y BROS

FootballFan
Wilbury
DC89
Vivalaraza
Freewheelin
Clegg
Linius
Meier
Spidye
3Sixty
tc91
TrueBlue
SleeplessNights
D_Prodigy
Killer7
Arkon
Flintstryker
Willkiller
Feorax
Scum
Flippedb
SpanishWrath
Pulga

The list grows

Scum

What was Buffon doing tonight? Think he was at fault for almost every goal, at least in part.

Neymar definitely dived btw, not even any doubt about it. Free kick was nice although I think Buffon should have saved it. Still, nice to see him silence his haters.

Rooney needs to do one Kagawa needs to play #10 next year.
I thought Wenger was interested?

It's like people don't even watch Barca. Biscuits? What has he done since the Inter game to make him this massive cunt? Alba, Alves, Pinto, Valdes, etc So many cunts on the team to pick from who are way worse than he is, Busquets is not even on their level.

Busquets dives a lot and complains to the ref like every other Barca player. He's probably the least cuntish off the pitch though.

Shagwell

It's like people don't even watch Barca. Biscuits? What has he done since the Inter game to make him this massive cunt? Alba, Alves, Pinto, Valdes, etc So many cunts on the team to pick from who are way worse than he is, Busquets is not even on their level.

True, true. Alba is the most despicable fucking cretin in football right now in my eyes.

Noirulus

Some of us don't have 3DS' yet, like me, waiting for Pokemon X/Y(Game of the Year after TLoU).

X/Y BROS

FootballFan
Wilbury
DC89
Vivalaraza
Freewheelin
Clegg
Linius
Meier
Spidye
3Sixty
tc91
TrueBlue
SleeplessNights
D_Prodigy
Killer7
Arkon
Flintstryker
Willkiller
Feorax
Flippedb
SpanishWrath
Pulga

The list grows

Add me to that list pls. I'll definitely be getting a 3DS before X/Y comes out.

FootballFan

Neymar goal was good but still just a free kick innit, can't really judge ability on them outside of set piece finesse. Balo assist was lovely. Italy look a shadow of the team from the Euros but like I said earlier and others have said, now is the time to be experimental.

What about his other 2 goals this tournament vs Japan and Mexico? And his assist vs Mexico was amazing too.

- Kagawa and Honda first to feel the wrath of Neymar.
- Up next Chicha and Dos Santos were the unlucky ones to have to vs him.
- Today we saw him against Chiellini and Buffon. Made them have the worst game of their long and great experienced careers.

Xavi and Iniesta, you're next.

Randdalf

Just finished my best season ever with Football Manager. I am coach of Manchester City and just finished the season 2024-2025. My fourth season at the club. And I won in this order the league cup, the fa cup, the premier league and the Champions League. I won the Premier League on the last day in favour of Manchester United. I thought I was done when United scored a 0-2 at Westham United. But there striker Hilyard made it 1-2 and 2-2 after the break and it stayed that way. And the CL I beated Real Madrid with 3-0 and for the fourth time in a row the media saw me and my teams as the underdog. Last 16 I knocked out the now former champion PSG and after that Valencia, Ac Milan and now Real Madrid.
I even got a steam badge now for being a world famous manager. Only have 5 other managers in the game who are still better with me including Ferguson and Mourinho. Mourinho the only of those 5 still being active.

Nice! I'm in 2032 in my game, playing as a roaming manager, I started in the BSN and now I'm managing Brighton in the Premier League, which we've won twice, and gotten to the CL semi-finals twice.

My career path so far has been (with leagues managed in)
- Blyth Spartans (BSN, BSP)
- Bristol Rovers (L2, L1)
- Millwall (Championship)
- England (won the World Cup and Euros)
- Brighton (PL)
- Barcelona (La Liga, won the CL, and went a season unbeaten, spent £700m on transfers and bankrupted Barcelona)
- Brighton (PL)

My best screenshot is probably this one, depicting the striker I built the team around at Barcelona, and his best season at the club (I also gave him his England debut when he was 18).
11C04D541729130F9FA62A21AB284B71FB85AF7D

K1LLER7

They're probably my favourite but I have to keep changing things up.

Got some hob-nobs and pink wafers in my biscuit draw at the moment.
Could do with some Pink wafers. going to the shop to see if they got some

True, I've got some Oreo biscuits on the side.

FootballFan

Add me to that list pls. I'll definitely be getting a 3DS before X/Y comes out.

Welcome to the X/Y bros.

X/Y BROS

FootballFan
Wilbury
DC89
Vivalaraza
Freewheelin
Clegg
Linius
Meier
Spidye
3Sixty
tc91
TrueBlue
SleeplessNights
D_Prodigy
Killer7
Arkon
Flintstryker
Willkiller
Feorax
Scum
Flippedb
Noirulus
SpanishWrath
Pulga

The list grows

Welcome to the X/Y bros.

X/Y BROS

FootballFan
Wilbury
DC89
Vivalaraza
Freewheelin
Clegg
Linius
Meier
Spidye
3Sixty
tc91
TrueBlue
SleeplessNights
D_Prodigy
Killer7
Arkon
Flintstryker
Willkiller
Feorax
Scum
Flippedb
Noirulus
SpanishWrath
Pulga

The list grows
We should probs put the game we're gonna get next to our names.

X for me.

What about his other 2 goals this tournament vs Japan and Mexico? And his assist vs Mexico was amazing too.

- Today we saw him against Chiellini and Buffon. Made them have the worst game of their long and great experienced careers.

Neymar really didn't do much at all this game, except flop, commit a ton of fouls, and score a free kick thanks to a Buffon error.

I'm not judging him overall because I never really watch him play, but just going by today he did nothing special. Certianly didn't look like a 30 million euro player (or however much you guys spent on him, 35 million? Couldn't have been more than that or you guys are nuts.)

Wilbur

Banned

this is why people hating

Oh and Y

Arnie

Brendan said he took Reina out for a meal a couple of months ago and told him of his intention to bring in proper competition. He wants competition throughout the squad.

Brendan said he took Reina out for a meal a couple of months ago and told him of his intention to bring in proper competition. He wants competition throughout the squad.
All well and good but eventually he will have to settle for one or the other.

And considering he's about to pay close to £10m for Mig...it would seem Reina's days are numbered.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Two of our players got injured in the first half? It happened in the Euro final too. Food for thought, Prandelli.

His son is the fitness coach.

FootballFan

Will take a while until everyone reveals whether they are X or Y-bros.

X/Y BROS

FootballFan - X
Vivalaraza - X
Wilbury - Y
Killer7 - Y
Freewheelin - X
SleeplessNights - Y
Bumhead - X
Flippedb - X
Dc89
Clegg
Linius
Meier
Spidye
3Sixty
tc91
TrueBlue
D_Prodigy
Arkon
Flintstryker
Willkiller
Feorax
Scum
Hargenx
brokenbeans
Noirulus
SpanishWrath
Pulga

The list grows

People who do say which they are getting will have their name moved up to the top.

Wilbur

Banned

I think you can have a lot of competition in every position, but two top goalkeepers is asking for trouble :/ would be unfair to one or the other to keep them on the bench

Sunday Times Sport ‏@ST_Sport 5m
In tomorrow's @ST_Sport: Kinnear hits back at Shearer - 'He hasn't got a clue about coaching. Good in five-a-sides, so they tell me' #NUFC

:lol

X has the nicer box art and sounds cooler, but Y has the superior legendary although I love them both
I don't know anything about the games.

Going in blind this time.

Wilbur

Banned
Sunday Times Sport ‏@ST_Sport 5m
In tomorrow's @ST_Sport: Kinnear hits back at Shearer - 'He hasn't got a clue about coaching. Good in five-a-sides, so they tell me' #NUFC

:lol

I don't know anything about the games.

Going in blind this time.

Kinnear hahahahaha fuck I'm so excited to see Newcastle next season

And good boy. Wish I could do that, I'm too weak :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom