• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peco

A NeoGAF ad just informed me the EuroMillions is £157m this Tuesday.

What footballers would you buy if your club won this lottery, Football-GAF?
Verratti, Yaya Toure, Griezmann (or Lamela), Vertonghen.

Seriously tho, Berlusconi would probably spend that money on prostitutes.

Just watched 4 episodes of Justified in a row

@Wilbury, what did that 16-0 loss do to your clan? Can't imagine you'd get many supplies out of that lol

Koko

Banned
SunhiLegend is just too good:
ijnI41jTayOcP.gif

sohois

Has anyone ever had the experience where you're with a girl, and everything's going well then at some point you just say bye and go your separate ways?

I would think it's a shame but tbh I can't even remember what she looked like. I'm just gonna assume she was some kind of beast and it was a bullet dodged. fucking alcohol.

GorillaJu

Has anyone ever had the experience where you're with a girl, and everything's going well then at some point you just say bye and go your separate ways?

I would think it's a shame but tbh I can't even remember what she looked like. I'm just gonna assume she was some kind of beast and it was a bullet dodged. fucking alcohol.

more times than I can count, sadly. At least you can't remember what she looked like, so her face won't be running through your head all night, keeping you awake (and scouring Facebook for 8 hours the next day).

Koko

Banned

No that I can remember mostly because in my experience is either all the way or nothing since the very beginning. Although past months has been only the later :(

Koko

Banned
Considering that it's already the 23th in most parts of the world. I should start to get drunk given the fact that it's my birthday after all.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Or because there was a fallout between Higuain and Mourinho? He did annoy the shit out of several players and i'm sure Higuain was less than amused with Mou's in and out of the team rotation policy.

This is what top managers do. :p

If one of them started more than the other it would create a much bigger problem. Both of them gave their all (which is not much) to prove themselves.

Benzema started 25 games and came as a sub in 15.
Higuain started 25 games and came as a sub in 12.

(Not including Copa del Rey)
Gomez is rumoured to have agreed terms with Fiorentina, but they cant pay the transfer fee (around 20-25m).
They can if they sell Juvetic. ;)
I'm allergic to nuts.

All nuts? I'm only allergic to peanuts so Nutella (Hazelnut) never gave me any problems.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal target Schalke's Kyriakos Papadopoulos
So the papers say but they say a lot of things, most of which is bullshit. Unless Vermaelen is sold I can't see us moving for any defender and Wenger won't pay Schalke's fee anyway.

I see a move for Tin Jedvaj as much more likely personally.

bjaelke

So the papers say but they say a lot of things, most of which is bullshit. Unless Vermaelen is sold I can't see us moving for any defender and Wenger won't pay Schalke's fee anyway.
Well he's only 21, so I suspect it's an investment. However, £20m is pushing it given the season he's had.

Plasma

Banned
Well, he is right about some things.

I mainly meant about him saying he should have been appointed chairman and would have been able to sort out the mess we're in.

He is right that we are miles off challenging for the title but we're going to strengthen this summer so maybe he should hold off bashing the squad until the start of the season.

If he does want to work for the club coming out and having a dig at the team won't do him any favours, reading through his quotes he only offers criticisms but doesn't seem to have any answers on how to fix them.

Also if we were going to appoint an ex-player to be the chairman it should have been Bob Wilson.

Gündogans brothers (who is his agent) is in talk with Real Madrid. I'm sorry, Man U.

I don't know what's worse. That Spanish papers don't even care to look up simple shit like who is a player's agent (here: Gündogan's father, not his brother), so that the rumor at least seems a bit believeable. Or that German sports website just copy that shit without checking the facts.

Whatever's worse, it's pretty damn sad for football "journalism"...

Because we only valued him at £15m max.

Schalke wanted £20m, no way we would pay that.

I wonder if they'd accept £10m for a year's loan with an option to buy next summer for £20m. £20m is far too much for a 21 year old whose career could be ended a any second.

qindarka

Banned
I don't know what's worse. That Spanish papers don't even care to look up simple shit like who is a player's agent (here: Gündogan's father, not his brother), so that the rumor at least seems a bit believeable. Or that German sports website just copy that shit without checking the facts.

Whatever's worse, it's pretty damn sad for football "journalism"...

The annoying thing is that we know about the pathetic state of sports journalism yet still continue quoting their stories and starting a fresh round of 'banter' based on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom