• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastadon

Banned
I went a bit gaga for Papa, but if we made a legitimate move for Inigo Martinez I'd be walking around town in a Sociedad shirt and little on below it. La Liga is boring but of the games I did watch last season, most of them ended up being Sociedad. And Martinez is going to be class. Another Spanish foetus that's worth snapping up.

Regarding Papa, I'm glad we walked away at the huge demands, not worth being bent over for a player with outstanding injury issues. I honestly feel this Arsenal link is Schalke's doing to try and tempt us back.

Im not going to lie, I really wanted Papa. He looks legit mental and that's my requisite attribute in a defender. I'm more excited about Llori though, although that seems to have gone quiet too.

I got a graduate job with a predicted 2:1, and I'm wondering if, should I have mucked my final assessments up, work would be able to find out and actually care? I doubt it, somehow. I've got a contract now, anyway, so I'd just do an Assaidi and take the money.
Some companies ask for certificates when you start. My expected grade was written into my job offer though so if yours wasn't I'm not sure it would matter.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Nainggolan "Southampton gave me the biggest offer at the moment, but I don’t play football for money. My priority is looking for a brighter future for my career and Southampton is my last choice"

Southampton are going to Leeds their way to the Championship like this.

Arnie

Some companies ask for certificates when you start. My expected grade was written into my job offer though so if yours wasn't I'm not sure it would matter.

Cheers, I'm praying I get my 2:1. I think it was specified in the job advert, but work haven't told me to bring anything other than my contract for the first day. They've been really good about letting me take days off for graduation, too. I asked for the Thursday (day of Graduation) and the Friday just so I didn't have to rush back to London and they replied within minutes saying that was fine. Means I've got a four day weekend in Sheffield coming up.

Mastadon, can't get excited about Ilori like I could for Papa. Papa's a mega signing on the scale of Mkhitaryan, Ilori's on Alberto's level.

Mastadon

Banned
Cheers, I'm praying I get my 2:1. I think it was specified in the job advert, but work haven't told me to bring anything other than my contract for the first day. They've been really good about letting me take days off for graduation, too. I asked for the Thursday (day of Graduation) and the Friday just so I didn't have to rush back to London and they replied within minutes saying that was fine. Means I've got a four day weekend in Sheffield coming up.

Mastadon, can't get excited about Ilori like I could for Papa. Papa's a mega signing on the scale of Mkhitaryan, Ilori's on Alberto's level.

If you're doing the job already and there aren't any concerns about your performance then it'd be baffling if they got rid of you if you didn't get a 2:1. Doesn't make any sense.

I'm sure you'll get your 2:1 anyway mate.

bjaelke

De Laurentiis told Radio Rai: "I don't think Cavani will leave on 10th August, when his buyout clause expires.

"I'm confident in him, because I consider him a real man. He won't make me a joke of me.

"Should Cavani want to leave, he will decide it after a long period of reflection.

"But by 20th July we will probably know everything about his future."
I love how the "real man" expression has been thrown around lately in relations to transfers.

Neymar scored another great goal last night? Oh Arnie, you mug.

Edit: Wilbz I hope you shouted BOGEYS and snotted all over his butterfly fillet

Messi

Dat Rijkaard

ruud-gullit-dreads1.jpg

Gullit, so awesome

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Keep dismissing Neymar, it only makes his success that much more tasty.

God i cant wait for next season to start

I can't wait until we win la liga by 20 points.

I'm watching hobbit 2 previews nonstop. My grandfather looked exactly like Gandalf lol

Messi

My mate got thrown out of our University bar for trying to fight him.

Scored a freekick against a woeful Buffon.

Did fuck all else.

And his other two volleys and assist. How do you dismiss those? Shitty defences? La liga is full of them :p

K1LLER7

Keep dismissing Neymar, it only makes his success that much more tasty.

God i cant wait for next season to start
I think he's a decent player. But he isn't worth 50m or however much Barca paid for him.

I want him to become like Ronaldinho and bring some excitement back to Barca's play. Doubt that will be the case though.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I think he's a decent player. But he isn't worth 50m or however much Barca paid for him.

I want him to become like Ronaldinho and bring some excitement back to Barca's play. Doubt that will be the case though.

When we get Neymar on German steroids he'll be unstoppable.

Messi is going to jail anyways

Messi

We'll see how he'll do next season. There's no doubt he's extremely talented, but only time will tell if he will put those talents to use.

I agree on both counts

If you could only pick one favourite player from each league who would it be?

Mine are:

LOlliga : Ronaldinho
PL: Drogba
ligue un: Z.Ibrahimovic(P)
Serie A: Del Piero
Bundesliga: I dont watch it. Never did.

I agree on both counts

Mine are:

Does it have to be existing or can it include former players?

bjaelke

Mine are:

LOlliga : Christian Poulsen
PL: Christian Poulsen
ligue un: Christian Poulsen
Serie A: Christian Poulsen
Bundesliga: Christian Poulsen
Eresdivisie: Christian Poulsen
Danish League: Christian Poulsen

GorillaJu

I agree on both counts

Mine are:

La Liga: Z. Ibrahimovic
Ligue 1: Z. Ibrahimovic
Serie A: Z. Ibrahimovic
Eredivisie: Z. Ibrahimovic

Damn you Bjaelke!

Status