• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

I don't know what's worse. That Spanish papers don't even care to look up simple shit like who is a player's agent (here: Gündogan's father, not his brother), so that the rumor at least seems a bit believeable. Or that German sports website just copy that shit without checking the facts.

Whatever's worse, it's pretty damn sad for football "journalism"...

Or that we actually care about an overrated footballer like Gündogan.

Walshy

I wonder if they'd accept £10m for a year's loan with an option to buy next summer for £20m. £20m is far too much for a 21 year old whose career could be ended a any second.
But £10m for a year is madness aswell. He won't develop at Schalke since he's not first choice.

Wouldn't mind us going for someone like Dede or Inigo Martinez. Rami would be a decent choice but he's too inconsistent for me.

But £10m for a year is madness aswell. He won't develop at Schalke since he's not first choice.

Wouldn't mind us going for someone like Dede or Inigo Martinez. Rami would be a decent choice but he's too inconsistent for me.

I'll be honest, I don't know who any of those players are,and didn;t know who Papadopolous was before we were linked with him :p

Can't really be arsed to keep up with the prospects any more, or anyone really outside of the PL, La Liga and Serie A.

Meier, I know about Football Manager before you start that debate again. And yes, I know how hypocritical that is considering the amount of abuse I throw at French football and the other leagues :D

Wilbur

Banned
Or that we actually care about an overrated footballer like Gündogan.

You mean the Gundogan who outperformed your dear Schweinsteiger in a Champions League final? That Gundogan?

Fuck

Bayern

In every orifice

Fill their ears with bratwurst

Let Oktoberfest play havoc on their anuses

Fuck

Bayern

bud23

The annoying thing is that we know about the pathetic state of sports journalism yet still continue quoting their stories and starting a fresh round of 'banter' based on that.

Who cares? It´s relevant the fact that sports newspapers sell 15-20% more in summer than at any other time of the year.

They give people what people want to read; bullshit stories. People need hope and to read that Thiago or Higuain will play on their teams, even when everyone knows that's not going to happen any time soon.

Happy Birthday Madridista!

Wilbur

Banned
I'll be honest, I don't know who any of those players are,and didn;t know who Papadopolous was before we were linked with him :p

Can't really be arsed to keep up with the prospects any more, or anyone really outside of the PL, La Liga and Serie A.

Meier, I know about Football Manager before you start that debate again. And yes, I know how hypocritical that is considering the amount of abuse I throw at French football and the other leagues :D

Rami and Inigo Martinez are La Liga you turkey loooool. Dunno who Dede is though.

Genuinely think Arsenal and Liverpool should bid for Rami if he's available at 10m or so. And Martinez is a top top defender.

Rami and Inigo Martinez are La Liga you turkey loooool. Dunno who Dede is though.

Genuinely think Arsenal and Liverpool should bid for Rami if he's available at 10m or so. And Martinez is a top top defender.

For serious? lol

Christ, I've fallen behind this season with all the leagues

TLoU? I'll use my headset this time :)

You never told me how many resources you got when you were twatted 16-0

fuenf

You mean the Gundogan who outperformed your dear Schweinsteiger in a Champions League final? That Gundogan?

Fuck

Bayern

In every orifice

Fill their ears with bratwurst

Let Oktoberfest play havoc on their anuses

Fuck

Bayern
Thankfully Javi led the way instead ;)

FootballFan

:lol amazing.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh man someone calling The Wire decent and nothing else, all television as shitty and sub par movies... can't handle the madness

Thankfully Javi led the way instead ;)

Yeah Martinez was incredible. Javi > Gundo > Schweini. I really like him but Yurt's right when he says good at everything, great at nothing (although I'd say very good at everything).

Oh man someone calling The Wire decent and nothing else, all television as shitty and sub par movies... can't handle the madness

Yeah Martinez was incredible. Javi > Gundo > Schweini. I really like him but Yurt's right when he says good at everything, great at nothing (although I'd say very good at everything).

TV overtook movies a while ago for me

bjaelke

Quick reply working again
AU7Amsc.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah Hitch, I lost interest in La Liga for a fair while this season until the end when relegation/CL stuff was in the balance. Sociedad were really good all year though.

Spain GAF, any news on who their new coach is going to be?

TLoU? I'll use my headset this time :)

You never told me how many resources you got when you were twatted 16-0

Literally just left for work! Think my bro is up, I'll be back 5ish tonight if people are on later.

I don't even know what happened, man. I had like 81 survivors, none hungry or ill and then these guys absolutely overwhelmed us. They moved like fucking Spartans. Lost about 45 survivors, I couldn't get more than 30 odd supplies every game. They were amazing.

Yeah Hitch, I lost interest in La Liga for a fair while this season until the end when relegation/CL stuff was in the balance. Sociedad were really good all year though.

Literally just left for work! Think my bro is up, I'll be back 5ish tonight if people are on later.

I don't even know what happened, man. I had like 81 survivors, none hungry or ill and then these guys absolutely overwhelmed us. They moved like fucking Spartans. Lost about 45 survivors, I couldn't get more than 30 odd supplies every game. They were amazing.

Your pussy of a brother is on FIFA.

Now FW, I know you're thinking, 'how am I a pussy' so I'll tell you how. Don't think nobody realised when you were the Last Man Standing, 1vs2 with a teammate down, and you decided to hide, survive the round but take the loss, rather than try and help the teammate and try to salvage a draw, gain a win. You disgust me.

:p

Wilbur

Banned
TV overtook movies a while ago for me

I certainly enjoy watching good television more than I do a good film at the moment; the fact I can watch one episode of The Wire or Deadwood in an hour and know the quality is going to be stupendous as opposed to every film now being at least two hours and rushing character development and having horrific pacing problems... yeah telly is top at the moment. Gonna start Sopranos proper after my resits and might do whatever Justified has on Netflix.

Clegg

I don't think I've ever seen so many conflicting transfer stories in one day.

Mirror is saying Rooney will tell Moyes that he wants to stay at United.

Star is saying United want to use Rooney in a player + cash deal for Ronaldo.

Daily Mail says Arsenal want to sign Rooney for £20m.

Wilbur

Banned

Ergo, all of them are bullshit.

bud23

Sociedad were really good all year though.

Jagoba Arrasate.

Real Sociedad management have confirmed that Jagoba Arraste Elustondo will take over as head coach for the 2013-14 season. Arraste was born in Berriatua, is 35 years old and was part of Real Sociedad´s youth team. He started his coaching career quite early on. From 2005 to 2008 he coached Berriatuko and was quite successful as he managed to take the team to higher regional divisions. He then went on to coach Elgoibar for two years where he managed to take the team up to the play-off games. In 2010 he signed with Real Sociedad and coached the youth teams. He first coached the División de Honor and then Easo, with which he won the Basque Cup. In 2012-13, he was assistant coach to Philippe Montanier.

http://www.lfp.es/Noticias2/Detalle...oba-arrasate-elustondo-as-new-head-coach.aspx

DominoKid

i prefer that one so that is what i am choosing to believe.

Wilbur

Banned
Of course it's all bullshit.

Its just thrown into a stark light when you see all these different outlets reporting wildly different versions of a story on the same day.

I just don't even bother reading sites this time of year, it's all just so polarising. Can't be fucked with getting in a head spin over nonsense transfers.

I have Tanc for that.

Or at least I did. :'(

Your pussy of a brother is on FIFA.

Now FW, I know you're thinking, 'how am I a pussy' so I'll tell you how. Don't think nobody realised when you were the Last Man Standing, 1vs2 with a teammate down, and you decided to hide, survive the round but take the loss, rather than try and help the teammate and try to salvage a draw, gain a win. You disgust me.

:p
Shut the fuck up mate.

You are just as shit as me.

lol :p

I'll come on TLOU soon :)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Of course it's all bullshit.

Its just thrown into a stark light when you see all these different outlets reporting wildly different versions of a story on the same day.

I can't remember which player it was (Dzeko?) but last season this happened:

GdS (based in Milan): Dzeko is moving to Inter
CdS (based in Rome): Dzeko is moving to Roma
Tuttosport (based in Torino) Dzeko is moving to Juve

And he stayed with City.

Wes

venison crêpe
There's a French site saying Villa are in contract discussions with Younes Belhanda.

I want to believe...

Arnie

I went a bit gaga for Papa, but if we made a legitimate move for Inigo Martinez I'd be walking around town in a Sociedad shirt and little on below it. La Liga is boring but of the games I did watch last season, most of them ended up being Sociedad. And Martinez is going to be class. Another Spanish foetus that's worth snapping up.

Regarding Papa, I'm glad we walked away at the huge demands, not worth being bent over for a player with outstanding injury issues. I honestly feel this Arsenal link is Schalke's doing to try and tempt us back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom