• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BNafTmfCQAEI6rA.jpg:large

Ce-Lin

***the opening-goal ranking (starting 2006) (Spanish link, from Marca.com)**

I found a very weird ranking based on "opening goal performance"

this is, converting the opening goal of a match into a win or at least a draw

1371991087_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

according to this ranking (started in 2006) Spain is leading with 100 opening goals that ended with the Spaniards winning or at least drawing, followed by Argentina with 73 and then Uruguay but "just" 35 opening goals converted into actual wins or draws.

I find amazing and maybe a mistake on Marca that England is only 5, come on, since 2006 England scored first 5 times to win/draw a game ? the rest of the games they scored first and lost ? mmmmmm.....

Marca use these statistics to praise tiki-taka as a way to make your opening goal count, pass the ball around, wait for the chance to score first and then get the points. Having said that I think Spain will score first today only for Nigeria to come back and win, leaving the "record" at 100, karma....

LegoArmo

I have an Xbox One pre-ordered with the intent being to cancel it depending on how I feel about Microsoft by November. Also hoping they reconsider that price.

Pre-ordered a PS4 and a bunch of games with the intent being to stick my penis in any hole I can find on it, though.

I like the Xbone and MS in general, but I just refuse to pay $100 more for weaker hardware, to get a toy that I have zero interest in. If I wanted to overpay for useless peripherals I'd buy a Wii U. When the games are so similar on both systems, because of so few exclusives, it really comes down to hardware and price, and MS loses on both fronts.

I'll get an Xbone if they have a Kinect-less SKU or do a drastic price drop.

ElyrionX

So, the Thiago rumours seem to have ramped up significantly over the past few days. I don't follow this stuff too closely because too much stupid shit gets made up during transfer windows but this one seems to have taken on quite a bit more credibility than the other reports linking us to people like Fabregas.

LTWheels

Pretty much my plan.

My reasoning behind it is that, knowing MS they will probably release more first party and moneyhat exclusives for the first two years like they did with the 360. After that, this is when I expect all the big Sony first party games to be released.

WJD

My reasoning behind it is that, knowing MS they will probably release more first party and moneyhat exclusives for the first two years like they did with the 360. After that, this is when I expect all the big Sony first party games to be released.

Yeah, I also prefer the general UI and XBL infrastructure a lot more. Only Sony first party titles I've really enjoyed this gen have been Infamous, TLOU and to a lesser extent Uncharted. Price and Kinect are definitely a bummer though.

LTWheels

Yeah, I also prefer the general UI and XBL infrastructure a lot more. Only Sony first party titles I've really enjoyed this gen have been Infamous, TLOU and to a lesser extent Uncharted. Price and Kinect are definitely a bummer though.

I pretty much feel the same to Sony's exclusives.

The price is a bit of a bummer. I'm actually interested in what developers might do with the Kinect as its in every console now. The Swery game, D4 is a kinect only game which looks interesting.

Wilbur

Banned
EPL: For United, van Nistelrooy. Otherwise, Henry.
Serie A: Del Piero. All day. Every day.
La Liga: Zidane, Ronaldinho, Raul.
Bundesliga: Used to have a soft spot for Lizarazu, not entirely sure why
Ligue 1: Juninhoooooo

Blablurn

EPL: For United, van Nistelrooy. Otherwise, Henry.
Serie A: Del Piero. All day. Every day.
La Liga: Zidane, Ronaldinho, Raul.
Bundesliga: Used to have a soft spot for Lizarazu, not entirely sure why
Ligue 1: Juninhoooooo

because he is handsome as fuck

lizarazu.jpg

Hixx

Our first match is at home, right, but then it's a fucking month before our second home game. Fucking internationals...

So, the Thiago rumours seem to have ramped up significantly over the past few days. I don't follow this stuff too closely because too much stupid shit gets made up during transfer windows but this one seems to have taken on quite a bit more credibility than the other reports linking us to people like Fabregas.

Yep something in this I think the stumbling block will be a buy back clause.

Lizarazu was awesome. What's he doing these days?

Think he's a coach for the French NT

edit: Or not, seems to be a Judo champion of some kind

@everyone who's played more than half of TLoU, in the bit
where you start the generator and need the keycard, does the Bloater drop the keycard, and you have to kill him while fighting off regular Runners? Tried it once, got killed in about 5 seconds, called it a day :p

Played for 12 hours, only 44% of the way through.

Salazar

I think there's a decent chance we get a yes/no in the next couple of days. We seem willing to throw a lot his way.

GorillaJu

First time I've seen the new layout design. The font treatment for the logo is real shit.

Yeah, I'm surprised they went with this one, considering how many graphic designers there are here. The typography is god awful.

If this generation was to play out like the previous one, then the system to get at launch would definitely be an XBO, but it's not going to play out like the last gen.

At and around launch, PS4 has more games that I'm interested in - in particular, the indies like Transistor, The Witness, F2Ps like Planetside 2, and it has stronger hardware, so multiplats will look better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom