• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Andres so much

I envision him as looking like a suave tango dancer, with a pink billowy shirt, top 3 buttons undone and pruned chest hair showing, slicked-back black hair and a pencil moustache.

He doesn't move like a dancer though, he lurches like Bo Rai Cho from Morkat Kombat: Deadly Alliance and is disgustingly crass with the ladies, like a menacing Benny Hill.

Wilbur

Banned
More opinions - Graceland is one of the best albums of all eternity and Paul Simon one of the best and most consistently good artists.

It's not that you're not into Pink Floyd. By what you just wrote you've never listened to more than a few songs. There's no way a person is into rock music and doesn't love Pink Floyd. If the 'abstractness' of their first albums is a problem for you, listen to The Division Bell. A melodic album featuring some of Gilmour's best guitar work and singing. Just an amazing record.

Fuck, why do I even have to write this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceJ3v8-S2Ic

Well I haven't listened to their entire back catalogue because the ones feted as their best work - i.e. Dark Side and The Wall - aren't that impressive for me, so I never bothered with the rest. Will listen to this stuff though, danke schan.

Dropping #truthfacts.

This'll be fun, I hate The Beatles. I get that they're a huge influence for other bands and music would be totally different without them. I still don't like any of their songs. Also anyone who justifies liking them because of their influence on music... just stop.

I can't understand not liking any Beatles songs. They've got like 300 of them and there's so many different sounds and genres on some of their albums... They're incredible. Not just because of their influence but because they're actually a stunningly good band.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I dunno what are you guys talking about but all I know is that Wooden and Zabo are fighting the good fight.

I can't understand not liking any Beatles songs. They've got like 300 of them and there's so many different sounds and genres on some of their albums... They're incredible. Not just because of their influence but because they're actually a stunningly good band.

Well its not "not liking any" I guess, I just don't want to listen through all their stuff :p what I've generally heard over the time of my life hasn't interested me enough, maybe that'll change if I bother to give them more of a chance sometime. I guess I probably should, millions of flies can't be wrong and all that.

Arnie

Gears isn't like that because until the most recent one the long-range weapons were absolute dogshit unless you were competent with the Longshot. You cannot compare Gears to any of the other shooters that have quality multiplayer imo, it is fairly unique. It is built (again, until the last one which was an abomination when it comes to its multiplayer) around Gnasher fights whereas pretty much every other popular multiplayer is focused on rifles of some sort with close-quarters builds/playstyles being somewhat niche. Gears 1 and 3 are my absolute favourite multiplayer games ever and, for me, The Last of Us is very similar.
The original Gears is one of my top two favourite shooters of this generation, and I loved it primarily because it allowed the better players to win in a duel, even if they were in a seemingly unfavourable position. It's similar to The Last of Us in that regard, but the dividing line was often the gnasher, as you say, or a weapon acquired from map movement, such as the Longshot or Boomshot. Nothing felt cheap, though. When someone ended up rolling behind me and finishing me off I accepted it and waited for the next round.

When I'm piling bullets into someone in The Last of Us, and their armour is the dividing line between me winning the duel, and someone else intervening, then it's incredibly frustrating. It's an added layer of complexity that muddies up the combat and is unfairly weighted. If nobody had access to armour I still believe the game would be more consistently enjoyable, and it wouldn't take away from the action. At a base level the game still requires quite a few shots to kill someone, not to mention the forgiving revive system.

Halo gives players a substantial health pool/shield which allows skill to prevail most of the time. I'm struggling to think of a game where it takes as long to kill someone as it does in Halo. It's just a shame they've been putting out average multiplayer for half a generation now.
Halo 3 is my other favourite multiplayer game of the generation and again, that one is built with the player's ability at the forefront. Whoever knows the mechanics of the game and how to use them in specific situations wins.

Armour shouldn't cost 500+ parts in TLoU. It'd be quite nice even if you could craft it. Personally I think the bow needs to be changed before the armour. That shit is overpowered, I had to stop using it. It was pretty much a win button. At best it should either cost like 5 loadout points or be one of the weapons you have to buy, like the shotgun.

Honestly I think the main problem with The Last of Us is the imbalance. If everyone had armour to begin with, or nobody had it at all I truly believe the game would be better for it. It's the same reason Halo's gone to shit, because armour abilities and booster nonsense are providing players with inherent advantages that circumvent the traditional idea of 'whoever's better, wins'.

Imagine if in football the opponent could bring on a 12th player for 10 minutes each match, and they won the game because of a goal scored when that 12th man was on the field. It'd be fucking shit. And that's essentially what armour abilities, or armour in The Last of Us is.

Okay stop talking about music.
They're both these minimalist records that almost seem deliberately alienating, that subverts everything you'd expect from the artist, that is made up of content about isolation and the mythology of their own existence by then.

Koko

Banned
First four songs are great. Blood on the Leaves and Bound are good. The rest is okay.

You know nothing Wilbur, the trifecta of Hold My Liquour- I'm in it- Blood on the Leaves. It's in fact the best part of the album.

Anyways thanks for the congratulations guys.

What a pretentious post.

baledancestqpr.gif

confuziz

Banned
My favourite bands are Nine Inch Nails, Tool and a Perfect Circle.

Such lovely musicians.

Enter Shikari has been my new love for a few years now. Dat energy.

Wilbur

Banned
They're both these minimalist records that almost seem deliberately alienating, that subverts everything you'd expect from the artist, that is made up of content about isolation and the mythology of their own existence by then.

Mate you've just written a dissertation on the virtues of armour in a video game

As Jack Black would say, "step off, step off, step off, step off"

Can't wait to sing your name later and then analyse my vocal performance

Wilbur

Banned
You know nothing Wilbur, the trifecta of Hold My Liquour- I'm in it- Blood on the Leaves. It's in fact the best part of the album.

Anyways thanks for the congratulations guys.

Hold my Liquor is alright yeah, but it's best when Kanye is being Kanye, so the ones that feature him prominently are the strongest parts of the album.

So banned paper says we are in for Gareth Barry. Hmm. Not sure if want.

On one hand it'd probably be good to have a steady head like Petrov in the squad, and he'd probably help Lambert a fair amount. But on the other hand don't you all hate him for moving lol?

Arnie

Arnie, I'd love to hear your opinion about Yeezus
Not heard it.

His music's alright though, so I'll probably enjoy it. Will wait until it's on Spotify. If it already is I'll wait until I next load up Spotify.
Mate you've just written a dissertation on the virtues of armour in a video game

As Jack Black would say, "step off, step off, step off, step off"

Can't wait to sing your name later and then analyse my vocal performance
Yes, but I'm referring to actual things that exist and can be measured. Mechanics and systems that were developed for a purpose, and to be used over and over again.

You think Kanye West sat in a studio and thought about making a minimalist record that deliberately alienates and subverts everything you expect of him, that features songs tackling issues of isolation, and one's own existence.

Don't be fucking stupid.

It's a CD. He was probably high. It's meant to sound good, not redefine gender stereotypes, you mug.

rodvik

On one hand it'd probably be good to have a steady head like Petrov in the squad, and he'd probably help Lambert a fair amount. But on the other hand don't you all hate him for moving lol?

We were pretty pissed at how he left. But it was mainly his agents gobshite that fed it (he fired him after I seem ti recall). He has always said nice things about us after he left. Despite the dogs abuse we give him :)

He was such a great player for us. He is now old but still, it would be good to have at least one grown up in a team of teenagers....

Wilbur

Banned
You think Kanye West sat in a studio and thought about making a minimalist record that deliberately alienates and subverts everything you expect of him, that features songs tackling issues of isolation, and one's own existence.

Don't be fucking stupid.

It's a CD. He was probably high. It's meant to sound good, not redefine gender stereotypes, you mug.

... oh Arnold. I don't understand how someone so intelligent can spout such bollocks.

If you can acknowledge deliberate themes in television, film, gaming and literature, why do you dismiss albums so readily haha?

Kanye West definitely sat and thought about making a minimalist record with lyrics and music that subvert expectations of him, because that's what happened.

... oh Arnold. I don't understand how someone so intelligent can spout such bollocks.

If you can acknowledge deliberate themes in television, film, gaming and literature, why do you dismiss albums so readily haha?

Kanye West definitely sat and thought about making a minimalist record with lyrics and music that subvert expectations of him, because that's what happened.
I agree.

Just a shame it turned out shit.

Arnie

I will not accept an intellectual dissection of something titled 'Yeezus', featuring songs such as 'black skinhead', 'guilt trip', and 'bound 2'. I'm not discounting it as entertainment, it could be a fucking good listen, but to break the album down and define some profound meaning from the sum of its parts is ludicrous.

I honestly believe the Cesar advert is more profound than anything Kanye West's ever done. And I like Kanye West's music.

Wilbur

Banned
I will not accept an intellectual dissection of something titled 'Yeezus', featuring songs such as 'black skinhead', 'guilt trip', and 'bound 2'. I'm not discounting it as entertainment, it could be a fucking good listen, but to break the album down and define some profound meaning from the sum of its parts is ludicrous.

I honestly believe the Cesar advert is more profound than anything Kanye West's ever done. And I like Kanye West's music.

You're talking shit :lol :lol :lol, you're judging books by their covers.

Goodfellas sounds like it's about fucking pizza, lets dismiss all it's themes and qualities outside of entertainment

Arnie

You're talking shit :lol :lol :lol, you're judging books by their covers.

Goodfellas sounds like it's about fucking pizza, lets dismiss all it's themes and qualities outside of entertainment

Goodfellas tells a coherent story, where every scene is carefully edited to communicate a specific, unarguable message about the realities of mobster life.

You've listened to this:

All them other niggas lame, and you know it now
When a real nigga hold you down, you supposed to drown
Bound

[Hook]

[Verse 1: Kanye West]
What you doing in the club on a Thursday?
She say she only here for her girl birthday
They ordered champagne but still look thirsty
Rock Forever 21 but just turned thirty
I know I got a bad reputation
Walking 'round, always mad reputation
Leave a pretty girl sad reputation
Start a Fight Club, Brad reputation
I turnt the nightclub out of the basement
I'll turn the plane 'round, your ass keep complaining
How you gon' be mad on vacation?
Dutty wining 'round all these Jamaicans
Uh, this that prom shit
This that what we do, don't tell your mom shit
This that red cup, all on the lawn shit
Got a fresh cut, straight out the salon, bitch

and come up with this:

And I'm talking shit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom