• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'est la Vie is one of the best, if not the greatest, songs of all time.

Livin' La Vida Loca is better,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fndeDfaWCg

take off your pants. you know you want to

lol

True story : My cousin was a few years older than me and she always made me dress up as spice girls and backstreet boys and shit like that when I was a kid. I danced so much. Also they are doing some tour right now and she wrote to me saying she was going to see them, lol.

When we talk about music:

9KTqxG7.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Plus Spice Girls are one of the best pop bands ever, Milkshake is a top tune and underrated in lyrical complexity because its about titty, Runaway is potentially the best thing Kanye West has ever done, and Glory Glory Man United is the best football song ever

there you go

Hixx

Halo and Gears aren't first seen, first dead games, but they use a superior grasp of standard mechanics to decide a winner, not who's got enough coins to buy some armour. I get why you like the system, and I agree that the game is better for not being a mundane, binary shooter, but there are other ways to get to the solution you enjoy that don't feel cheap and frustrating half the time.

Gears isn't like that because until the most recent one the long-range weapons were absolute dogshit unless you were competent with the Longshot. You cannot compare Gears to any of the other shooters that have quality multiplayer imo, it is fairly unique. It is built (again, until the last one which was an abomination when it comes to its multiplayer) around Gnasher fights whereas pretty much every other popular multiplayer is focused on rifles of some sort with close-quarters builds/playstyles being somewhat niche. Gears 1 and 3 are my absolute favourite multiplayer games ever and, for me, The Last of Us is very similar.

Halo gives players a substantial health pool/shield which allows skill to prevail most of the time. I'm struggling to think of a game where it takes as long to kill someone as it does in Halo. It's just a shame they've been putting out average multiplayer for half a generation now.

Armour shouldn't cost 500+ parts in TLoU. It'd be quite nice even if you could craft it. Personally I think the bow needs to be changed before the armour. That shit is overpowered, I had to stop using it. It was pretty much a win button. At best it should either cost like 5 loadout points or be one of the weapons you have to buy, like the shotgun.

Isn't he talking about their song?

Nah, as a rule of thumb, nobody every talks about Kings of Leon :p

Demons was okay, kept expecting a bit more bass to kick in or something but it was decent without even really going anywhere. Had no idea On Top of the World was them, probably my favourite FIFA 13 song.

Wilbur

Banned
Not really into Pink Floyd. They're alright. Money is a tune. But it's a bit too abstract most of the time.

The Beatles are amazing.

What I will say about Kanye is that he's never been the best lyricist in a way like Jay Z is, but the difference is that before Kanye (and still a lot now actually) all Jay did was rap about typical gangster shit. Kanye reignited the trend of sampling classics and then opened the doors for Kendrick, Drake, Kid Cudi, Frank Ocean et al to actually write about things other than typical rap nonsense. I'm not really a Kanye fanboy in that i think everything he does is utter and sublime genius (although a lot of it is), but I do think in decades to come he'll be heralded as an absolute game changer and one of hip hop's best influences.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Not really into Pink Floyd. They're alright. Money is a tune. But it's a bit too abstract most of the time.

The Beatles are amazing.

What I will say about Kanye is that he's never been the best lyricist in a way like Jay Z is, but the difference is that before Kanye (and still a lot now actually) all Jay did was rap about typical gangster shit. Kanye reignited the trend of sampling classics and then opened the doors for Kendrick, Drake, Kid Cudi, Frank Ocean et al to actually write about things other than typical rap nonsense. I'm not really a Kanye fanboy in that i think everything he does is utter and sublime genius (although a lot of it is), but I do think in decades to come he'll be heralded as an absolute game changer and one of hip hop's best influences.

tu eres un noob my love.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDF5MmCpZxc

Plus Spice Girls are one of the best pop bands ever, Milkshake is a top tune and underrated in lyrical complexity because its about titty, Runaway is potentially the best thing Kanye West has ever done, and Glory Glory Man United is the best football song ever

there you go

Truth.

Zabojnik

It's not that you're not into Pink Floyd. By what you just wrote you've never listened to more than a few songs. There's no way a person is into rock music and doesn't love Pink Floyd. If the 'abstractness' of their first few albums (up to Dark Side Of The Moon, really) is a problem for you, listen to The Division Bell. A melodic album featuring some of Gilmour's best guitar work and singing. Just an amazing record.

Fuck, why do I even have to write this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceJ3v8-S2Ic

Kanye west > Pink Floyd > Beatles

Dropping #truthfacts.

This'll be fun, I hate The Beatles. I get that they're a huge influence for other bands and music would be totally different without them. I still don't like any of their songs. Also anyone who justifies liking them because of their influence on music... just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom