• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shagwell

Man, sometimes I just absolutely love the Guardian's writers.

"Good news, everyone. It would appear that Spain, having egregiously jumped the shark with that False Nine rubbish at Euro 2012 last year, have seen sense and remembered that scoring goals and creating chances can be just as fun as tiki-takanaccio."

rodvik

Attacking midfielder. He can play from a central two or a more advanced position between them and the striker.

He would have to play behind the striker early in his career though I would think as he just doesn't have the defensive ability to play alongside Ramires or the like.

We will sign Belhanda. Believe.

Kenka

2,w=993,c=0.bild.jpeg

Hummels & Götze's brother + Andreas Köpkes son all play for Unterhaching.

Unterhaching = "Help me out ! I'm a star's relative" confirmed.

speaking of music.

Has anyone seen that documentary made by Ice-T called 'The Art of Rap'? It's on US Netflix.

Basically, Ice-T goes around the US talking to different rappers about their styles and influences. IIRC, he talked to:

Kayne West
Run DMC
Snoop Dogg
Eminem
Common

And other rappers I don't know :lol

Was an interesting film, some amazing freestyle raps.

Thanks ill check that out.

ffs I knew I'd regret not putting money on India when England had them by the bollocks when they were bowling

We're like a bad guy in a Bond film. We get our foot on their neck, and then piss about for an hour while they grind their way to a decent total, before we make a fucking mess of trying to fix it.

bud23

Man, sometimes I just absolutely love the Guardian's writers.

"Good news, everyone. It would appear that Spain, having egregiously jumped the shark with that False Nine rubbish at Euro 2012 last year, have seen sense and remembered that scoring goals and creating chances can be just as fun as tiki-takanaccio."

Yes, just wait until we face a serious team; we'll be coming back to that false nine and its inherent boredom.

Facism

Gold Member
As someone who reached the level cap in Killzone 2, and really wanted to love it, you cannot in any way argue that Killzone 2 has a greater skill gap than Halo. Killzone is, at its core, a game with low player health and ironsights, played with analogue sticks. A recipe for disaster.

That's not what i was arguing.

Holy shit if you think ironsights mattered in killzone 2. If you were using them then you didn't understand the game's aim-via-movement mechanics. Controlled burstfire from the shoulder was the meat and veg of killzone 2 small-arms combat. In my public and competitive career, i used iron sights only twice. As a sniper.

Are you thinking of Killzone 3? Your criticisms fit that game, not KZ2. KZ3 wasa low hp, ironsight shitfest of the highest magnitude.

God KZ3 was a piece of shit.

Arnie

@Arnie & Hixx

You call these FPS games?

CS baby!

t_2.jpg_1184110471.jpg

Nothing even comes close to this day.
CS is the king.

Used to love that, then I left PC gaming. Halo's the only thing that could replicate that feeling on consoles, for me.
Being honest though, Coady was alright the two times he played for us last season.
I just don't think his technique is good enough for him to ever have a first team impact in central midfield. Unless Hodgson returns.
That's not what i was arguing.

Holy shit if you think ironsights mattered in killzone 2. If you were using them then you didn't understand the game's aim-via-movement mechanics. Controlled burstfire from the shoulder was the meat and veg of killzone 2 small-arms combat. In my public and competitive career, i used iron sights only twice. As a sniper.

Are you thinking of Killzone 3? Your criticisms fit that game, not KZ2. KZ3 wasa low hp, ironsight shitfest of the highest magnitude.

God KZ3 was a piece of shit.
Killzone 3 was fucking poop. Felt robbed after I finished the campaign and loaded up multiplayer, it'd literally turned into COD.

I just don't believe the encounters in Killzone 2 required much skill at all. Yes, I'm aware that burst fire from the hip was the required technique at short or mid range, but the opponents move so slowly and the bullet spread was so generous that individual encounters weren't challenging enough, and rarely did it feel like an expert grasp of the mechanics decided the winner of a duel, more often than not it was who saw who first. Squirt, chirp, move on.

Shagwell

Something tickles me about Torres being dropped. Nice to know that Del Bosque couldn't give two shits that he put four past Tahiti.

Hehe.

You'd think the wickets in hand mattered more than the runs needed if you hadn't seen the scoreboard
Can't hack spin. Just can't score off it. Too scared and defensive, make it even harder for themselves.

Woah good timing, 6 lol. PP to come so it's still possible but they need to score off the spin overs remaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom