• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

WJD

Halo and Gears aren't first seen, first dead games, but they use a superior grasp of standard mechanics to decide a winner, not who's got enough coins to buy some armour. I get why you like the system, and I agree that the game is better for not being a mundane, binary shooter, but there are other ways to get to the solution you enjoy that don't feel cheap and frustrating half the time.

when u getting an XBO Arnold?

Facism

Gold Member
i was never really a big fan of halo 3. Player movement was too slow and the spawn system always had some mug on the other team coming in behind you. It's relativelt high hp/armour is a godsend in p2p environments, though. Meamnt you weren't too prejudiced in encounters like that.

Killzone 2 was a game that had PERFECT hp values for p2p environments. Probably the onyl console mp i've played that required a whole range of movement skills alongside aim to be competitive. Felt like a console game made by PC devs.

/ex-European KZ2 Gaf Europe champion.

Halo is going to be shit once again. They don't understand Halo. They're level 30s thinking they know everything there is to know about Halo.

Wilbur

Banned
Goodfellas tells a coherent story, where every scene is carefully edited to communicate a specific, unarguable message.

You've listened to this:

All them other niggas lame, and you know it now
When a real nigga hold you down, you supposed to drown
Bound

[Hook]

[Verse 1: Kanye West]
What you doing in the club on a Thursday?
She say she only here for her girl birthday
They ordered champagne but still look thirsty
Rock Forever 21 but just turned thirty
I know I got a bad reputation
Walking 'round, always mad reputation
Leave a pretty girl sad reputation
Start a Fight Club, Brad reputation
I turnt the nightclub out of the basement
I'll turn the plane 'round, your ass keep complaining
How you gon' be mad on vacation?
Dutty wining 'round all these Jamaicans
Uh, this that prom shit
This that what we do, don't tell your mom shit
This that red cup, all on the lawn shit
Got a fresh cut, straight out the salon, bitch

and come up with this:

They're both these minimalist records that almost seem deliberately alienating, that subverts everything you'd expect from the artist, that is made up of content about isolation and the mythology of their own existence by then.

And I'm talking shit?

And you've taken one song out of a record and used it as proof that the album doesn't have a concept, theme or message. Which it does.

And Kanye West certainly isn't the artist I'd normally use when talking about the storytelling virtues of music. But it's undeniable he does it. 808s did it, MBDTF did it.

Blood On The Tracks by Bob Dylan is a lyrical analysis of a broken down marriage. The Suburbs by Arcade Fire is an album that has prominent themes. Fair enough you don't like music but for someone so intelligent and someone so willing to acknowledge storytelling in other mediums, it's odd that you can't acknowledge music as a form of storytelling and concept.

WJD

I'll probably crumble and queue up in November.

60fps Halo. But it's 343 Industries. Eek.

And dedi's.

Think they've steadily corrected some of their shit as the games lifespan has gone on; for example new BR is fucking sex. Introduce a classic mode for Halo 5 with 60fps and dedicated servers and I'll queef.

Top Gear is already back again tonight, had no idea until 2 minutes ago.

Wonder what the viewing figures are like compared to its prime 6 or so years ago

Apparently United won't announce any signings until after Moyes officially takes over on July 1st.

Get ready for next week guys, signings everywhere.

Buffon said:
8 goals conceded is a lot? Well 3-4 of them were irregular, so that would be only 4-5 conceded and that's acceptable.

XOp8PT2.gif

ATF487

You know nothing Wilbur, the trifecta of Hold My Liquour- I'm in it- Blood on the Leaves. It's in fact the best part of the album.

Anyways thanks for the congratulations guys.

No, that assault for the first four tracks is the best. I'm In It blows, but I like Holy My Liquor/Blood on the Leaves

Also obligatory 'Oasis are shite and worse than Blur, SFA, Supergrass, etc'

Arnie

i was never really a big fan of halo 3. Player movement was too slow and the spawn system always had some mug on the other team coming in behind you. It's relativelt high hp/armour is a godsend in p2p environments, though. Meamnt you weren't too prejudiced in encounters like that.

Killzone 2 was a game that had PERFECT hp values for p2p environments. Probably the onyl console mp i've played that required a whole range of movement skills alongside aim to be competitive. Felt like a console game made by PC devs.

/ex-European KZ2 Gaf Europe champion.
As someone who reached the level cap in Killzone 2, and really wanted to love it, you cannot in any way argue that Killzone 2 has a greater skill gap than Halo. Killzone is, at its core, a game with low player health and ironsights, played with analogue sticks. A recipe for disaster.

And the argument for comparing the two falls down when Halo is the faster of the two, and the spawn system in Killzone meant half the matches ended with one team spawn camping the other's base.
And you've taken one song out of a record and used it as proof that the album doesn't have a concept, theme or message. Which it does.

And Kanye West certainly isn't the artist I'd normally use when talking about the storytelling virtues of music. But it's undeniable he does it. 808s did it, MBDTF did it.

Blood On The Tracks by Bob Dylan is a lyrical analysis of a broken down marriage. The Suburbs by Arcade Fire is an album that has prominent themes. Fair enough you don't like music but for someone so intelligent and someone so willing to acknowledge storytelling in other mediums, it's odd that you can't acknowledge music as a form of storytelling and concept.
I acknowledge that people can and do try to tell stories via music, but as a storytelling medium it's less effective than almost anything I can think of, besides sign language.
And dedi's.

Think they've steadily corrected some of their shit as the games lifespan has gone on; for example new BR is fucking sex. Introduce a classic mode for Halo 5 with 60fps and dedicated servers and I'll queef.
Stahp

Yeah, you don't seek out Rick Rubin for no reason. Kanye was obviously shooting for a minimalist aesthetic.

You know nothing Wilbur, the trifecta of Hold My Liquour- I'm in it- Blood on the Leaves. It's in fact the best part of the album..

This man knows.

Wilbur

Banned
Blood On The Leaves is good for sure, but On Sight is a top opener, I Am A God is hilarious, and New Slaves/Black Skinhead are just absolutely full of energy. Some top openers for the album.

Van Ginkel to Chelsea?

Dutch Football ‏@football_oranje 39s
Van Ginkels agent "He leaves for Chelsea, he fits in with the first selection" #cfc #Vitesse #Ajax (@voetbalpings )

speaking of music.

Has anyone seen that documentary made by Ice-T called 'The Art of Rap'? It's on US Netflix.

Basically, Ice-T goes around the US talking to different rappers about their styles and influences. IIRC, he talked to:

Kayne West
Run DMC
Snoop Dogg
Eminem
Common

And other rappers I don't know :lol

Was an interesting film, some amazing freestyle raps.

Wes

venison crêpe
I wanted Van Ginkel at Villa. Where the heck is he going to play in the first team at Chelsea? Unless they're going to groom him to be the next Lampard but he's not got the qualities to be a comative midfielder with regards to defensive duties yet.

I wanted Van Ginkel at Villa. Where the heck is he going to play in the first team at Chelsea? Unless they're going to groom him to be the next Lampard but he's not got the qualities to be a comative midfielder with regards to defensive duties yet.
What kind of player is he?

Fry

At first I only liked (really liked) On Sight, BS, NS, I Am A God and I'm In It.

After multiple listenings, I love all of them.

Wes

venison crêpe
What kind of player is he?

Attacking midfielder. He can play from a central two or a more advanced position between them and the striker.

He would have to play behind the striker early in his career though I would think as he just doesn't have the defensive ability to play alongside Ramires or the like.

Arnie

If they announce Halo 3 PC I won't need to buy any more games in the series. This will be the pinnacle. The Pit, 4 vs 4, Team BRs for the rest of my life.
oh my fucking god
Ter Stegen to Barca is bullshit says Max Eberl. Barca hasn't contacted either ter Stegen or Gladbach.
Spanish radio still reporting that they could go for Reina.

Makes sense considering we're close to signing his Belgian equivalent.
If the U21s were the cream of the crop, how bad are the U20s?

Conor Coady is captain.

Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom