• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well going off exclusive games it had a far better show than the PS4. But I couldn't justify paying the extra for a console that's technically inferior.

Not too jazzed about either. Sony announced fuck all for the PS4 to get me excited, and then told me I'd have to pay for online. So what's the incentive to switch from my Live account?

Both seem quite underwhelming to me. But there's a few multiplatform games that look exceptional.

Sony failed to give anyone who isn't already a Sony fanboy any compelling reason to get a PS4 at launch.

Naughty Dog must have something in production, shame they didn't reveal it at E3. Hopefully its for reasons other than them having nothing to show.

Yen

Well going off exclusive games it had a far better show than the PS4. But I couldn't justify paying the extra for a console that's technically inferior.

Not too jazzed about either. Sony announced fuck all for the PS4 to get me excited, and then told me I'd have to pay for online. So what's the incentive to switch from my Live account?

Both seem quite underwhelming to me. But there's a few multiplatform games that look exceptional.
Seems worth it for PS+

Wilbur

Banned
I can't even remember the exclusive for Xbox outside Ryse and Titanfall, and can only remember DriveClub and Infamous for PS4.

Plasma

Banned
Just fuck off now. It's getting embarrassing. I thought Madrid behaved poorly during the Modric saga but this is pathetic. I hope next year Bale joins a club with some manners.

I know how you feel, we had the same thing with them when they bought Anelka off of us and then they tried to do the same thing with Vieira every summer.

I can't even remember the exclusive for Xbox outside Ryse and Titanfall, and can only remember DriveClub and Infamous for PS4.

There's Killzone: SF which might as well be subtitled Killzone 4: If You Don't Already Love Killzone, There's Nothing For You To Be Interested In

Infamous looks fantastic though. Can't wait for that.

I genuinely can't wait for the day that Barca and Madrid spend some time in the European wildnerness and see what its like to have other clubs cunting it up when trying to buy one of their players

WJD

Go on then.

Q: Does it have Naughty Dog games?
A: No.

All justifications rendered invalid.

Hey I'll still be getting both in the end. I genuinely think the an unhealthy amount of my reasoning comes down to the completely irrational fact that I've always considered dualshock controllers a piece of shit and the 360 controller is like heaven in my hand. It's nowhere near worth the extra £80 but I do think I'd rather it be my main console and then buy a PS4 when there are enough exclusives that interest me. I know I'm "part of the problem" but honestly, all the issues with the Xbox One don't bother me all that much besides the 24 hour check-in.

Still very undecided and will probably wait a few months after launch before making a decision but for now the XBO has more games that interest me and ultimately, all the extra shit comes second to games in choosing a system.

edit: actually I played Resistance and Killzone 2 as well but they were so bad I forgot about them.

Wilbur

Banned
There's Killzone: SF which might as well be subtitled Killzone 4: If You Don't Already Love Killzone, There's Nothing For You To Be Interested In

Infamous looks fantastic though. Can't wait for that.

Eh, Killzone's Killzone; wildly impressive technically but rather lacking when you've got an actual controller in your hand.

Infamous looks the best exclusive on either platform tbh.

I just want Rare back at Nintendo, give me a 3DS Banjo fucking PLEASE

FootballFan

Infamous, MGS V and The Divison >>>> Everything else.

Both consoles had pretty average exclusives that they showed imo, Infamous the only one that stood out for me.

JWong

Banned
Hey I'll still be getting both in the end. I genuinely think the an unhealthy amount of my reasoning comes down to the completely irrational fact that I've always considered dualshock controllers a piece of shit and the 360 controller is like heaven in my hand. It's nowhere near worth the extra £80 but I do think I'd rather it be my main console and then buy a PS4 when there are enough exclusives that interest me. I know I'm "part of the problem" but honestly, all the issues with the Xbox One don't bother me all that much besides the 24 hour check-in.

Still very undecided and will probably wait a few months after launch before making a decision but for now the XBO has more games that interest me and ultimately, all the extra shit comes second to games in choosing a system.

What are these games? (Titanfall will not end up being exclusive)

And you should look at previews on both controllers. A number of people saying the Xbone's controller is worse than the 360's. Everyone is praising the Dualshock 4, even those who prefer the 360's.

Eh, Killzone's Killzone; wildly impressive technically but rather lacking when you've got an actual controller in your hand.

Infamous looks the best exclusive on either platform tbh.

I just want Rare back at Nintendo, give me a 3DS Banjo fucking PLEASE

On the point of Killzone, I have no idea why they keep demoing it with that shitty gun that doesn't seem to have any recoil. It looks boring to use, especially when the Helghast and ISA rifles are so good.

fuenf

I love you much of a 'love it or hate it' affair Killzone is. I love Killzone 2 / 3 but with that said SF looks nothing like them.

WJD

What are these games? (Titanfall will not end up being exclusive)

And you should look at previews on both controllers. A number of people saying the Xbone's controller is worse than the 360's. Everyone is praising the Dualshock 4, even those who prefer the 360's.

Well I'm not a PC gamer so I'm treating any XBO/PC game as XBO exclusive. Basically so far it comes down to Titanfall/DR3(love the Dead Rising series)/Sunset Overdrive/Quantum Break/Halo/Forza 5 vs Infamous Second Son. On the controllers, I'll be waiting and seeing anyway so hopefully I'll get a chance to play with both before making any final decision.

Well I'm not a PC gamer so I'm treating any XBO/PC game as XBO exclusive. Basically so far it comes down to Titanfall/DR3(love the Dead Rising series)/Sunset Overdrive/Quantum Break/Halo/Forza 5 vs Infamous Second Son. On the controllers, I'll be waiting and seeing anyway so hopefully I'll get a chance to play with both before making any final decision.

The controller should be in xbone's favor. Even without feeling them, they both have the same shape as the old controllers. Xbox always felt better due to the stick placement.

fuenf

lol totally forgot about GT6, afrer watching some of the E3 videos I don't think I'll buy it. It looks exactly like 5... wow.

JWong

Banned

Given that half of those games have no game to show (Sunset, Quantum, Halo)... if you buy into MS promises and DRM, more to the power to you.

And Titanfall will not be exclusive, and most likely DR3 as well. EA and Capcom will be putting them on more platforms.

FootballFan

Killzone is rubbish, just like Khedira.

Infamous was the best. I want it now.

Titalfall was pretty good but IIRC CBOAT said it won't stay exclusive and will go to ps4 sooner or later(already announced for PC too right?) so not really a big deal.

The rest of the exclusives I'm not that interested in. A lot of good multiplats though.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

One day you're gonna come back home drunk and wake up to a locked console.

Is this the life you want to lead?

FootballFan

The controller should be in xbone's favor. Even without feeling them, they both have the same shape as the old controllers. Xbox always felt better due to the stick placement.

I really doubt that they are that similar after reading all the first hand impressions.

iAB7QvFv8wZuC.gif

WJD

Yep, stick placement is extremely important to me as well as the resistance on those sticks; dualshock just feels way too loose, especially for shooters.

Given that half of those games have no game to show (Sunset, Quantum, Halo)... if you buy into MS promises and DRM, more to the power to you.

And Titanfall will not be exclusive, and most likely DR3 as well. EA and Capcom will be putting them on more platforms.
I'm aware of that, but the premise of Sunset and Quantum still intrigues me more than anything shown by Sony. With Halo, even though I felt burnt by Halo 4, it feels like 343 have slowly but surely been making improvements to the formula or at least enough improvements to make me reconsider my stance that the series is now just a total write-off. Next gen Halo will always be exciting to me.

Below looked great
Forgot about Below, that does look good.

Arnie

Sony failed to give anyone who isn't already a Sony fanboy any compelling reason to get a PS4 at launch.

Naughty Dog must have something in production, shame they didn't reveal it at E3. Hopefully its for reasons other than them having nothing to show.
The moment I see what ND are working on I know I'll be onboard. I even loved the fuck out of Uncharted 3. Almost rippling with excitement to start TLoU tomorrow.

Infamous looked really good, but besides that I don't know what to be excited for. On the One there's TitanFall, Below, and 60fps Halo on the horizon. But then there's also a console that's woefully overpriced and criminally off point.

In fact, forget that, PS4 has The Witness. Which looks class.

fuenf

Sunset Overdrive from the makers of Resistence and Ratchet & Clank ... (PLEASE FORGET about Fuse) :D

The moment I see what ND are working on I know I'll be onboard. I even loved the fuck out of Uncharted 3. Almost rippling with excitement to start TLoU tomorrow.

Infamous looked really good, but besides that I don't know what to be excited for. On the One there's TitanFall, Below, and 60fps Halo on the horizon. But then there's also a console that's woefully overpriced and criminally off point.

You mean Uncharted 2 right? (argh i need to learn to read)

WJD

This is the big opposing factor. If MS for some reason decided to announce a Kinect-less One package for about £50 less then my decision would probably already be made.

FootballFan

I just hate CG trailers with no gameplay.

The Nintendo Direct showed nothing but gameplay*, I appreciated that.

*Unfortunately not the most amazing games but some were still great(Donkey Kong and that Monolith game)

I really doubt that they are that similar after reading all the first hand impressions.

It didn't change that much. The stick placement was in xbox's favor as well. Some people don't mind, but I just prefer it the xbox way. I just don't like having my thumbs that near one another, especially when I play shooters.

GorillaJu

Stick placement has always been the worst thing about the X360 controller to me. To me, the pad is primary, and the sticks are secondary, and it's always been like that. I'll always use the d-pad over sticks when the option is there to do so.

Mastadon

Banned
Stick placement has always been the worst thing about the X360 controller to me. To me, the pad is primary, and the sticks are secondary, and it's always been like that. I'll always use the d-pad over sticks when the option is there to do so.

The D-pad on the 360 pad is terrible. Feels a million times more comfortable with the sticks for me.

Mine is the other way around. I only play shooters and fighters. For fighters, I'll just use a stick. For shooters, the sticks are always primary. I just don't like having my thumbs near one another.

WJD

If I have the option I'll always go with 360 style stick placement. My most played games this gen have been the AC series, Halo, Skyrim and FIFA (lol dudebro) - all of which I'll always prefer to play with asymmetrical sticks.

FootballFan

It didn't change that much. The stick placement was in xbox's favor as well. Some people don't mind, but I just prefer it the xbox way. I just don't like having my thumbs that near one another, especially when I play shooters.

I prefer the 360 controller too, use it for PC gaming. But you can't say the DualShock didn't "change that much". Compare DS1, DS2 and DS3, almost all exactly the same. Where as the DS4 has changed a lot, almost a mix of the 360/ps3.

It got bigger, 'rounder', fixed the L2/R2, concave analog sticks, headphone jack, share button, built in speaker, touch-pad etc. Heaps of improvements/changes. Good or bad changes I don't know, but definitely changed a lot.

If I had to choose between the PS3 and 360 controllers this gen I would go with the 360 one. Everything about it except the d-pad is near perfect.

Stick placement was never a problem for me, its durability was the biggest factor for me liking it.

PS3 feels like cheap plastic, triggers are horrible for FPS games and for some reason every controller I had got a cut in the weird material on the sticks.

Next gen everything is up for grabs, PS4 controller looks the favourite to me.

Arnie

This is the big opposing factor. If MS for some reason decided to announce a Kinect-less One package for about £50 less then my decision would probably already be made.
Same, but we both know that isn't happening. Fuck the kinect, I just don't need it.

Sunset Overdrive is made by Insomniac, who've been consistently average for the past seven years. Ill reserve any judgement on that game until I see it in motion.

WJD

If I had to choose between the PS3 and 360 controllers this gen I would go with the 360 one. Everything about it except the d-pad is near perfect.

Stick placement was never a problem for me, its durability was the biggest factor for me liking it.

PS3 feels like cheap plastic, triggers are horrible for FPS games and for some reason every controller I had got a cut in the weird material on the sticks.

This is the best pad I've ever used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom