• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie

Haha, he suggested that we go watch it the other week. Me and Ian were arguing with him about shit the premise is, and how it doesn't make sense, but he wouldn't have it.

Would have to be the weekend/next monday if we do anything, making pizzas all week.

hahaha thought he would. We were watching the trailer on an iPhone on O'Neill's roof terrace in preston deciding whether to just get completely off our tits and go. Chiquitos and The Purge was the call, but we eventually decided it was a disastrous idea.

Moving to London on Monday. Could maybe do Saturday night.

L1NETT

Not a huge Seth Rogan fan, and This is the End looks a bit meh. Heard good things though, so will go and see it.

Not long until The World's End though, if it is as good as the previous two I am calling best trilogy ever :p

--

Whereabouts in London Arnie?

Arnie

Whereabouts in London Arnie?

Going to try and sign for a room in Bethnal Green at 9am tomorrow. I'll be working in Islington, and it's far enough out as to knock the price down slightly, but not too far that I'd have to sling my arse across miles of London every morning.

Saying that, I've identified the room that I want, and it says it's still available, but I just know that when I ring the estate agent at 9am she'll tell me it's been taken. House hunting in London's a ruthless game, the amount of decent places I've missed because I've been dithering.

Smeghead

hahaha thought he would. We were watching the trailer on an iPhone on O'Neill's roof terrace in preston deciding whether to just get completely off our tits and go. Chiquitos and The Purge was the call, but we eventually decided it was a disastrous idea.

Moving to London on Monday. Could maybe do Saturday night.
Oh yeah, forgot about that. If we do go we'll make it a Nandos/Bolton blow out.

Messi

7763_10151999271398079_538694897_n.jpg

Legends

L1NETT

Going to try and sign for a room in Bethnal Green at 9am tomorrow. I'll be working in Islington, and it's far enough out as to knock the price down slightly, but not too far that I'd have to sling my arse across miles of London every morning.

Saying that, I've identified the room that I want, and it says it's still available, but I just know that when I ring the estate agent at 9am she'll tell me it's been taken. House hunting in London's a ruthless game, the amount of decent places I've missed because I've been dithering.

Not really familiar with Tower Hamlets, so can't really offer much I'm afraid. I'm all the way over on the other side.

Good luck with the place though, London can be a bitch.

Arnie

Not really familiar with Tower Hamlets, so can't really offer much I'm afraid. I'm all the way over on the other side.

Good luck with the place though, London can be a bitch.

Cheers, it'll probably be in some rundown apartment area, but the room and the flat itself looks nice enough.

K1LLER7

GH in response to a united(?) fan on Thiago.
@GrahamHunter
Thiago is a vv good footballer technically Andy. 100+ games for FCB in Xavi, Ini, Busi, Cesc, Keita, Adriano, Song era tells a story. He has goals in him, good level of hunger, used to winning tournaments at junior level with Spain and he could outplay almost every EPL midfielder who's not Spanish. Plus, his one major area to improve is what EPL is most forgiving on.

Enjoy. (Plus, the price is about 50% of his worth)

Graham Stahp. We'll enjoy once Barca decide to stop trying to halt shit.

I kinda want to see that, but I read that a lot of the humour is derived from in-jokes about the actors' personal lives and rumours about them, but I don't know shit about that, so the jokes could go over my head

You should talk more online btw
I try but I don't get most of your food talk and jokes. :p

I was trying to guide you when I died about the whereabouts of the enemies but Wilbury thought I was talking to him lol.

Arnie

GH in response to a united(?) fan on Thiago.

Graham Stahp. We'll enjoy once Barca decide to stop trying to halt shit.

If United sign him it'll be crushing for almost everyone else.

Chelsea and City need to step in with the power of an oligarch.

Wes

venison crêpe
I wish Villa would just splash out on a marquee attacking mid signing and get Bentekers on a new contract already so I won't have to read the football news daily for another two months.

That's the last piece in the jigsaw for this year.

I wish Villa would just splash out on a marquee attacking mid signing and get Bentekers on a new contract already so I won't have to read the football news daily for another two months.

Give us £10m for Anderson.

K1LLER7

If United sign him it'll be crushing for almost everyone else.

Chelsea and City need to step in with the power of an oligarch.
Moysey needs to get this move done. It's what we've needed for the past 3/4 seasons now.

Chelsea have that Ginkel guy joining and City have Fernandinho.

I doubt he'll move there if his main aim is to get playing time.

Also rumours that Moysey will aim to sign Thiago's brother if it helps with the transfer. Doubt Barca would let that happen though.

Arnie

It's funny how our situations are so similar.

Made a few early signings with lots of potential, but nothing major. Both of us are anxiously waiting on the future of our star strikers, and both want a single marquee signing to go along with it.

Real need to buy Cavani, and we need to buy Mkhitaryan.

Moysey needs to get this move done. It's what we've needed for the past 3/4 seasons now.

Also rumours that Moysey will aim to sign Thiago's brother if it helps with the transfer. Doubt Barca would let that happen though.
Signing his brother and giving him £100k a week isn't the smartest of business, but I suppose you won't give a fuck when he's limping off after 18 minutes on his debu...

oh wait

G-Unit

I cant believe its taken you guys more than a fucking year to make the pulga/Messi connection lololol

Its been my nickname since kindergarten, fuck that tax evading, steroid snorting nickname robbing cheat.

I bet u are really small, so is your D xDDD

K1LLER7

It's funny how our situations are so similar.

Made a few early signings with lots of potential, but nothing major. Both of us are anxiously waiting on the future of our star strikers, and both one a single marquee signing to go along with it.

Real need to buy Cavani, and we need to buy Mkhitaryan.
Real will get Rooney.
Pool will get Bent.
Villa will keep Benteke.

Messi

Xavi is tapping up Thiago as we speak. This time its an inside job.

jtb

Banned
anyone here pick up FTL when it was on sale for $2.50?

probably the best game I've played in a long, long time. can't recommend it enough.

K1LLER7

Signing his brother and giving him £100k a week isn't the smartest of business, but I suppose you won't give a fuck when he's limping off after 18 minutes on his debu...

oh wait
This was Arsenal fans last summer when we signed RVP.

We saw how that turned out ;)

K1LLER7

Xavi is tapping up Thiago as we speak. This time its an inside job.
All his hard work will be undone once De Gea *accidently* sends Thiago a private pic.

Not feeling this chat about taking his brother.
Doubt it's true.

I have complete faith in Moyes.

I reckon I'm in a weird position where I think he's better than he actually is
Have complete faith in Moysey.

Frogie said so.

We have too many strikers. Would rather the kid get some playtime elsewhere.

Dunno...it's an extra. Shouldn't have anything to do with signing Thiago. We want Thiago so we have to take his brother too? Just leaves me feeling a bit uncomfortable with how his agents/dad/whoever are operating.

Not a deal breaker or anything I guess, you do what you have to do to get the player within reason but unless he is good it has no benefit to us...and if he is good why would Barca let him go?

Wilbur

Banned
I have complete faith in Moyes.

I reckon I'm in a weird position where I think he's better than he actually is

I have a feeling he'll be better than I think he is which is weird because I'm anticipating him being shit but fully expecting him to surprise me and be great and I'm not really sure what that means when I'm so readily contradicted by myself.

At one point Wilbury was making jokes and I was sweating my tits off laughing.

Then Hixx shot me and I got mad.

Hahaha that was top

PSN voice quality is really poor, or maybe my voice is too much for it.

I could hear Arnie absolutely fine and I could hear Morsel amazingly clear the other day (and I'm assuming Arnie heard me fine), but yourself Koko and Hitch weren't that loud.

Arnie

Koko's funny. Like, he's got a mic but the only sounds that really pass through it are what can only be described as musical chairs.

Arnie

To be honest I have enough fun with the game, enough to justify the pounds I spent on it, just watching Koko mooch about each round. It's like a meta-game, or a self contained narrative only available in multiplayer.

Who needs DLC when you can log on and see what Koko's up to.

How much memory storage does a 3ds XL have and how big is a game on average?
You worried you'll run out of space and not be able to water those plants?

I'll see you typing incomplete sentences in that Whatsapp group like a crack addict searching for bunny rabbits.

Dunno...it's an extra. Shouldn't have anything to do with signing Thiago. We want Thiago so we have to take his brother too? Just leaves me feeling a bit uncomfortable with how his agents/dad/whoever are operating.

Not a deal breaker or anything I guess, you do what you have to do to get the player within reason but unless he is good it has no benefit to us...and if he is good why would Barca let him go?

I remember talk of him being the more highly rated of the two like a year or two ago. Most likely 2 years ago.

DominoKid

if it's the cost of doing business then get it done.

GorillaJu

Do you guys have Sony headsets? I have the official headset that came out with SOCOM a few years ago, so I'm on "HQ mode." That may be why my voice is clearer - unless you guys have those too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom