• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, completely forgot about Barrios.

Guangzhou must have paid him some real dough if he choose to ruin his career like that.

I've read €5.5m a year, don't know if it's true, though.

But to be fair, he was also unlucky. He had great offers after our first league title in 2011 but (of course) we had no reason to sell and kept him. At the Copa America, Barrios injured himself, then Lewandowski started beasting and Barrios was a bench player. The offers he got then weren't really great and he went for the money (China).

dc89

Hello Freewheelin! Hello to you too Bacon -.-

Well, Pellegrini starts as City boss today. I wonder what the first thing on his to do list is?

qindarka

Banned
Lucas Barrios can move on a free transfer this summer because his Chinese club doesn't pay on time.

Someone get him please, I want to see him play football again.

Is this something of a trend with Chinese clubs? I believe Drogba didn't get paid by his club either, enabling his move to Galatasaray.

bjaelke

Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers [...] is looking to sell England man Jordan Henderson to help cover a move for Wanyama.
Caughtoffside, do one.
LLShC.gif

Nyx

Europa League draw today, let's see where we can travel in the end of July.

Hope it's not TOO far from Utrecht.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
If I learned one thing from Mimic, it's that roaches should be killed. Also I'm sorry I brought the subject up, let's stop talking about roaches forever.

Let's focus on PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!

Lol

I'm like that about bees. I've never been stung so I'm terrified of them.

I miss Pep

Clegg

Are United really paying Rooney 300k a week? The Guardian seem certaib thats the amount we're paying him.

Anyway it's being reported that Rooney wants to stay. Hope he gets a big pay cut.

Are United really paying Rooney 300k a week? The Guardian seem certaib thats the amount we're paying him.

Anyway it's being reported that Rooney wants to stay. Hope he gets a big pay cut.

Their report says 250k base. The rest is probably incentives, image rights, whatever. He'll definitely take a pay cut if he stays.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Today, Ulises Sanchez-Flor writes in Marca that Gareth Bale will tell Spurs chairman Daniel Levy that he wants to leave Tottenham when the pair sit down this summer.

ohohoho they are getting desperate

Nevertheless, despite all the above, Sanchez-Flor does admit that if Bale is told to stay at Tottenham, he will.

Ah, so in other words it's a bunch of shit designed to make the Madrid fans feel better by making it look like Bale is desperate to join Madrid. So desperate that he's perfectly happy to stay.

Anyway, congrats Arnie.

Razor554

Damn, son. Messi is only 26 and already has 348 goals, 138 assists, 4 Ballon d'ors, 3 Golden Shoes, 20 trophies in Barça.
After next season he will be all-time top scorer in liga and might do the same in CL.
Unless he's in prison, :lol.

Feorax

Congrats Arnie, well done.

I see Mkhitaryan failed to meet up with Shakhtar, I reckon this might all go through quicker than people think.

Arnie

Congrats Arnie, well done.

I see Mkhitaryan failed to meet up with Shakhtar, I reckon this might all go through quicker than people think.
That would be the perfect present.

Cheers guys. Gonna see if my student card still works at maccies in a bit. My mum's picking up a car in Wrexham now. I've come along for the adventure.

Seen Real's mouthpiece saying Bale's confident of a move. Yea, okay Marca. We all believe you.

Tc91

Congrats Arnie! Here's a stat for you:

OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe
7 - Iago Aspas assisted as many La Liga goals from open play as Xavi (7) in 2012-13, while only seven players provided more. Spark. #LFC

What the fuck is going on in the The Last of Us thread? People whinging that they can't play it like a normal third person shooter, people whinging that its too difficult to stealth everyone no matter how careful they are, and one person who went through and finished the entire gae thinking the main character's name is Joe.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Bale wants to leave now? If he would end up at Real, we would have too many midfielders.

Nope.

The story is complete nonsense though. Marca end by saying that Bale will stay at Tottenham if Levy says so. This the death rattle of the story before pre-season training starts, the last few wild swings before Perez accepts they will have to find a new galactico somewhere else.

Levy kept AVB away from PSG by telling him that Bale will remain here. There is nowhere for the story to go. Madrid can come back in a year's time when the valuation will be £15m higher.

Wilbur

Banned
Damn, son. Messi is only 26 and already has 348 goals, 138 assists, 4 Ballon d'ors, 3 Golden Shoes, 20 trophies in Barça.
After next season he will be all-time top scorer in liga and might do the same in CL.
Unless he's in prison, :lol.

Best player of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom