• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pep: "I'm ready. New experience here. My time at Barcelona was wonderful but I needed a new challenge and bayern has given me the possibility to experience something new. I'm ready to do my best."

Pep <3

A new challenge would be managing Schalke or something. Pep is going to cruise the league and the CL next season.

spidye

Translated to German : Ich war immer Angst vor Mourinho. Er schikaniert mich und ich mochte es nicht. Ich rannte wie ein kleines Mädchen, aber ich bin froh, jetzt hier zu sein, in einer Liga ohne Konkurrenz, haben wir bereits gekauft Hälfte Dortmund.

looooool

bjaelke

Well, i speak spanish and is a miles easier for us to learn italian or portuguese. I see german hard as fuck

Yeah the entire structure is quite difference between Germanic and Roman languages. My first Catalan class was a complete blur and one that I had to repeat. But after understanding the differences it became easier to read Spanish, French and Italian - I still can't speak any of it.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
UEFA Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round

Celtic v Cliftonville, Celtic Park, Glasgow - 16/17 July
Cliftonville v Celtic, Solitude, Belfast - 23/24 July

I'm gonna get shot guys. Was nice knowing you all.

fuenf

wow Pep's German is as good as it could possibly be for someone who has only been learning the language for 6 months. the grammar is almost ridiculously good.

dc89

@tancredipalmeri said:
Someone someday will have to explain us the secret of Rummenigge's shining face. It's one of those untold secret of football

Damn, EviLore turned off the embed tweet function. :(

FootballFan

Pep, next Dave Chappelle.

After getting complimented on his German, he says he memorised it all and if someone asked him a question he wouldn't know what to say. :lol

What a legend.

Vitet

Yeah the entire structure is quite difference between Germanic and Roman languages. My first Catalan class was a complete blur and one that I had to repeat. But after understanding the differences it became easier to read Spanish, French and Italian - I still can't speak any of it.

I also speak Catalan like Pep, and it's true that knowing more than one language since childhood normally helps to learn new ones (although catalan structure is pretty similar to spanish, with some italian/french influences)

qindarka

Banned
It's not like Dortmund are completely gutted. They did win the league two of the least 3 times and have only lost Gotze so far. Lewandowski will likely be staying for this season

Yeah, should follow Mou and go to every team that's willing to spend 600million every transfer window.

And Bayern and Barca don't spend big?

Gambit

pep: "i'll have to live with bayern winning the treble..."

pep doesn't sound too happy for bayern.

don't agree. He even said "WE won the titles" before he corrected himself.

wow Pep's German is as good as it could possibly be for someone who has only been learning the language for 6 months. the grammar is almost ridiculously good.

It's incredible. His grammar is better than Schweinsteiger's.

Doesn't work for me. I really wanted to hear him speak German. And Wooden, lol.

http://www.n24.de/n24/Mediathek/Live/d/2939874/pk-der-bayern-mit-neuem-trainer-pep-guardiola-.html

try that maybe
he still needs a wider vocabulary but the foundation is as solid as could be.

Was anyone in doubt his German would be great? These top managers devote their lives to football. He had 6 months and probably took classes every day.

Kind of reminds me of Mourinho's first Inter presser where his Italian was was apparently perfectly honed down to the local dialect/slang.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I like how you're totally happy about this prospect, despite that Barca is the team you support.

It's always been a challenge. I've been watching Messi since he won the under 20 world cup with Argentina. Neymar has probably put me over it. Colombians and Brazilians usually get along quite well.

Kenka

Well to be fair they both had to learn German. Pep had a private teacher, Schweine didn't.

When I was an exchange student in Stockholm, one mate from Kolbermoor used to play football with Schweini and he said that he was so stupid nobody wanted to hang out with him in the club. Had he not played football, he would have had a hard time in life he said.

Also, he lost his virginity at age 14. How did het get there, I wonder. Maybe girls in Bavaria are as easy as we picture them when they wear these dirndls ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom