• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the most bizarre, self-destructive thing your club has done since you've been a fan?

Been thinking about this since Kinnear went back to Newcastle (as though the first time wasn't enough Kinnear to last a lifetime for the Geordies)

For me, its a tossup between 2

1) Rafa alienating Xabi Alonso in the wake of him missing a big CL match (Inter away) to attend the birth of his son, and going even further by pursuing Gareth fucking Barry so hard, to the point that Alonso wanted to leave.

2) Hicks and Gilette opting to hire Roy Hodgson, when Manuel Pellegrini was available.

Hixx

What's the most bizarre, self-destructive thing your club has done since you've been a fan?

Been thinking about this since Kinnear went back to Newcastle (as though the first time wasn't enough Kinnear to last a lifetime for the Geordies)

1) Rafa alienating Xabi Alonso in the wake of him missing a big CL match (Inter away) to attend the birth of his son, and going even further by pursuing Gareth fucking Barry so hard, to the point that Alonso wanted to leave.

2) Hicks and Gilette opting to hire Roy Hodgson, when Manuel Pellegrini was available.

Howard-Wilkinson-006.jpg

Tc91

Just join Thiago you twatface. Look how hard it is to deal with shite Spanish clubs with release clauses, it's just a joke. You always hit a snag somewhere.

@Crash, is that the guy who took over Rangers and didn't actually have any money?

Pretty much.

You know all the stuff about a hundred million pound debt? That all went away when we were found not guilty of all the tax evasion stuff. We only went down because Whyte somehow built up enough debt in like a season.

GorillaJu

moyes-2-3564578.jpg

Pretty much.

You know all the stuff about a hundred million pound debt? That all went away when we were found not guilty of all the tax evasion stuff. We only went down because Whyte somehow built up enough debt in like a season.

Christ

We could easily have been in that situation if that Kenny Chang fella had led us any further down the garden path.

Walshy

Christian Purslow and Joe fucking Cole.

Yen

The Edward Snowden story took an amusing turn. A load of journalists spend a full day searching a Moscow airport for him, they don't find him so they board the flight to Cuba. Then, Snowden doesn't show up for the flight, and the journalists are informed they'll have to wait 3 days for a return flight out of Cuba (and there is no alcohol on the plane).

Christian Purslow and Joe fucking Cole.

I could see the logic in Joe Cole.

He was supposed to be a slightly better, more injury-prone Benayoun. That worked out tremendously.

Poulsen and Konchesky were the real bewildering transfers. Poulsen was just dreadful. Lazy, slow, shit, brainless. Basically every weakness you could think of in a player, rolled into one shitty package. And Konchesky...Everyone knew he wasn't good enough for a team looking to finish higher than twelth. But if there's one thing Hodgson loves, its sticking with what he knows, and he knew Paul fucking Konchesky. The fact that he decided to let 2 of our more promising youngsters go the other way as well as £7million just turned an already rubbish transfer into a disastrous one. He can't even play well for Nottingham Forest these days.

And Purslow can fuck off until the end of time. Utter slimey cunt.

Batigol

Banned

smfcliM.jpg

Never hated a manager as much as him. Shit hoofball football, played a defensive 451 at home (the fans used to chant 442) and then fucked off when he relegated us. Ironically though, won us silverware, but didn't mean shit.

Shagwell

We've had the misfortune of a lot of doozies in recent years. Those are bad, but what about Robbie fucking Keane for 20m? Or that much on a crocked Aquilani, and the subsequent loans? Those make me cringe. Never mind Andy Carroll for 35m or Stewart Downing for near 20.

Yikes. I tell you, sometimes...

ah shit work are on about sending me to STOKE for two weeks to help with a new store opening.

Hell nah the ugliness.

Watch out up there. Once every 3 minutes or so a football covered in ice comes crashing down in Stoke, having only just reentered the atmosphere from one of Shawcross's passes last season.

@Shagwell, our transfers since 2008 have been...odd...to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom