• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
ive been hankering to pick up a 3ds xl for a while but the games are so expensive

I think iphone games have ruined me too, cant imagine sitting down for prolonged periods playing a handheld.

Y9SgGer.jpg

Can't play anyway

That much is obvious

nRg8Z.gif

derExperte

Are you having any problems with the framerate in TLoU? A lot of people complaining about it in gaming-side, I've not noticed anything though

As someone who mainly plays on PC it took a few hours for me to get used to only 30fps again and in quite a few places the rate dips noticeably below that. Never interfered with the gameplay and the game is fantastic overall but it can get rough.

Slizz

I had regular M&Ms for the first time in ages yesterday, I usually get the peanut ones, but I have now realised the superiority of the plain chocolate.

No way man, peanut still remains supreme. Eat/Bite the chocolate off and eat the bare peanut last.

Meier

http://i.imgur.com/Y6kQUkC.jpg[IMG]
[url]https://twitter.com/tromczynski[url][/QUOTE]

A "digital artist" with no followers scoops an image. Gee, I wonder if that's been done to get exposure? Smart of him to include his twitter url in the image footer and all that.

Shop.

Feorax

FWIW, I doubt we would spend the £10 million to brin in Waynama if we're anticipating Lucas playing most games in that position for several years to come. We're spending a lot right now, but the funda aren't unlimited, and as good as Waynama is, the deal just wouldn't make sense.

I've heard we are looking at Matheus Biteco from Gremio to play in that position. Only 17 years old, so plenty of time to learn from Lucas, as well as provide cover for the odd game every now and then. He's also young enough that reserve team football and a short term loan move are also options to make sure we don't inhibit his development.

Would probably be a lot cheaper too. Makes a lot more sense really.

Arnie

FWIW, I doubt we would spend the £10 million to brin in Waynama if we're anticipating Lucas playing most games in that position for several years to come. We're spending a lot right now, but the funda aren't unlimited, and as good as Waynama is, the deal just wouldn't make sense.

I've heard we are looking at Matheus Biteco from Gremio to play in that position. Only 17 years old, so plenty of time to learn from Lucas, as well as provide cover for the odd game every now and then. He's also young enough that reserve team football and a short term loan move are also options to make sure we don't inhibit his development.

Top Brazilian foetus suits me perfectly.

Let's grow them, not shell out for them.

Unless it's Mkhitaryan, we need to load on him.

Feorax

Unless it's Mkhitaryan, we need to load on him.

Something is definitely going on with this one. Maybe 2 days ago, there were murmours of a breakthrough on negotiations and a fee being agreed. That being said, it's twitter, so you can't really take anything that seriously.

Given that he's failed to meet up with Shakhtar for pre-season, however, and that there are reports coming out of Russia that a fee around £20 million has been agreed, it suggests that there may well have been accelerated progress behind the scenes.

This is transfer muppetry, so anything can still happen, but if this deal is going to go through, I reckon it could be done a lot sooner than we thought.

Zabojnik

Alright, this is seriously starting to drive me nuts. Everytime I post something here in Firefox, the URL changes to (example):

&posted=1#post65937956 Which mea...ll the way down. Is it the same for you guys?

Walshy

Lucas has had two major injuries in the past three seasons and has spent nearly a year out. With only one real defensive midfielder in the squad, we only have Allen to look to if Lucas was to get injured again. Allen, despite his good performances at the start of the year, is not a defensive midfielder and should be playing in his best position, which is a bit further forward.

Bringing in Waynama makes sense at £10m. You'll have a relatively young player who even if he flopped would have a good sell on value. I'm guessing his wages wouldn't be extortionate anyway, just sounds like we would have trouble with the agent if we go for him.

Feorax

Lucas has had two major injuries in the past three seasons and has spent nearly a year out. With only one real defensive midfielder in the squad, we only have Allen to look to if Lucas was to get injured again. Allen, despite his good performances at the start of the year, is not a defensive midfielder and should be playing in his best position, which is a bit further forward.

Bringing in Waynama makes sense at £10m. You'll have a relatively young player who even if he flopped would have a good sell on value. I'm guessing his wages wouldn't be extortionate anyway, just sounds like we would have trouble with the agent if we go for him.

If it were the case that a DM was a primary target this summer (which it should be IMO), then I would agree with you. As it is, however, we're looking at spending probably £30 to £35 million on Mkhitaryan and first choice CB, £10 million or so on Mignolet, £7 or £8 million each on Alberto and Aspas, maybe £6 million on Ilori if we can pull that one off...

That's an awful lot of money spent before we get to the DM position, and so far we only have the Andy Carroll money to offset it against. If Suarez is to go, I can see the justification in being a bit more extravagant, but with Lucas only recently signing a new long term deal, the club have to be pretty confident in his ability to get back to where he was before the injury, and obviously want him to be one of the first names on the teamsheet.

bjaelke

Cut my hand while doing some manual labour and now I can't hold onto the PS3 controller. And I just made it to Fall in TLOU
LLShC.gif

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague
Latest I heard; Isco will go to Madrid (25-30m euros).

Guillem Balague @GuillemBalague
Juve and Arsenal have agreed personal terms with Higuain and will fight it off with Madrid. Biggest offer will take him
10 minutes later...

Jamie MacLaurin @JamieMacLaurin
Ive got a feeling Isco will be going to Madrid and Juve will beat Arsenal to the signature of Higuain

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom