• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
No don't go on Dave. The rumors make no sense as RVP is already there and if Rooney were to go to make room for Cavani, that amount of money would be better spent on Ronaldo.

I'm just a little concerned about RVP that's all, I think we could do with some extra fire power.

Hernandes is fine but Danny Wellbeck doesn't instill must confidence.

Nyx

Along those lines, what's the most ridiculously good bit of business your club has done in the transfer market?

Dries Mertens, bought for 400k euros from AGOVV, sold for 6 million to PSV.
Kevin Strootman, bought for 900k euros from Sparta Rotterdam, sold for 7 million to PSV.

confuziz

Banned
Dries Mertens, bought for 400k euros from AGOVV, sold for 6 million to PSV.
Kevin Strootman, bought for 900k euros from Sparta Rotterdam, sold for 7 million to PSV.

Yes but we just sold Mertens for 10 and Strootman probably for 17-18. So it's not like it was bad business for PSV.

I'm just a little concerned about RVP that's all, I think we could do with some extra fire power.

Hernandes is fine but Danny Wellbeck doesn't instill must confidence.

The point is if United are willing to buy Cavani it's a dumb choice as Ronaldo would help with the goal scoring.

Add some pounds and technique to Gravesen and it already happened.
I'm not too familiar with him (as I rarely follow foreign leagues), but if he played ~150 matches for Everton, I guess he's quite the face of a club.

Stoke buying Pieters from us will probably be the best thing our club has ever done.
There's only one thing about this which I fail to understand. Why are any foreign clubs interested in Pieters? He is not good enough for the (sub)top, and he can reach more with PSV than with random small clubs outside of the Netherlands. The only party profiting from it is, indeed, PSV.

confuziz

Banned
b.

There's only one thing about this which I fail to understand. Why are any foreign clubs interested in Pieters? He is not good enough for the (sub)top, and he can reach more with PSV than with random small clubs outside of the Netherlands. The only party profiting from it is, indeed, PSV.

I don't know. They're stupid? They probably think he has some potential left in him.

Zabojnik

According to some italian sources, Marotta is now on the phone with Txiki regarding Tevez. Like, RIGHT NOW. Ten o'clock. It's amazing how precise these mercato muppets are. Such bullshit, lol.

dc89

Bought Fernando Torres for 23m, sold for 50m
Bought Luis Suarez for 23m, possibly selling for around 50m.

Who's gonna take Suarez off your hands? If Madrid do buy Isco that could potentially hamper their ability to sign Suarez, considering they are rumoured with Cavani too. Unless they sell big of course.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Who's gonna take Suarez off your hands? If Madrid do buy Isco that could potentially hamper their ability to sign Suarez, considering they are rumoured with Cavani too. Unless they sell big of course.

Well Madrid are selling Higuain and will probably try to shift Kaka, Coentrao and perhaps Di Maria. They'll probably get £50m from selling players.

I don't know. They're stupid? They probably think he has some potential left in him.

Your defence can't be that bad, now can it? I know the Dutch press have been trying to demolish every last defender, but still PSV managed to have a relatively modest amount of goals against them.
This transfer window is going to be tense for the Dutch clubs. Almost all of the star players of PSV are parting (Mertens, Van Bommel, Strootman, Toivonen, Pieters, ...), while clubs like Ajax and Feyenoord remain rather unharmed for now. I still expect to see Eriksen and De Jong to be sold, though.

confuziz

Banned
Your defence can't be that bad, now can it? I know the Dutch press have been trying to demolish every last defender, but still PSV managed to have a relatively modest amount of goals against them.
This transfer window is going to be tense for the Dutch clubs. Almost all of the star players of PSV are parting (Mertens, Van Bommel, Strootman, Toivonen, Pieters, ...), while clubs like Ajax and Feyenoord remain rather unharmed for now. I still expect to see Eriksen and De Jong to be sold, though.

Yes. We have the worst defence in the history of the club. We are going to buy Bruma soon and we need a 2nd CB and a RB. Hopefully this will lead to a more solid defence.

BTW: 43 goals against is a modest amount?

dc89

Oh ffs, you only had to look two posts up, looool. Regarding Tevez, who else. :p

I'M BACK BABY!

Tevez, I dunno, I get the impression no one bloody knows haha. Last season there were rumours of him signing a new deal, who knows now. I honestly think it's 50/50. It's like a flip of a coin decides if he stays or goes, because his deal is running down. I think if a decent bid comes in, he will go.

Well Madrid are selling Higuain and will probably try to shift Kaka, Coentrao and perhaps Di Maria. They'll probably get £50m from selling players.

Hmm... Di Maria.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
@Lightning

It's not Bs, that's what Perez told us too.

-

Higuain to Arsenal:-

The Good

-Better league
-Better salary package
-More exposure (good or bad)
-Arsenal NEED a poacher like him
-A challenge. Helping them win their first title in years would feel extra special
-Their shirt sponsor isn't a fucking sticker
-LONDON BABY

The Bad

-Their squad is incomplete even with him
-Mou is back, City with a proper manager *shiver* and United gon United
-It's Liverpool's year, confirmed by the science of astrology.

The Ugly
-Playing next to Gervinho

Higgy to Juve:

We don't want you, go away!

Yes. We have the worst defence in the history of the club. We are going to buy Bruma soon and we need a 2nd CB and a RB. Hopefully this will lead to a more solid defence.

BTW: 43 goals against is a modest amount?

43 goals isn't exactly a few, but if you take into account that the champion conceded 31 goals, it's not that bad. The defence of the whole league was bad, not just PSV's. I agree that they need to prioritise their purchases on their defence.

3Sixty

Buying Wanyama for 900k and selling on for 12.5m reminds me that the most important assets we need to hold on to are our scouts.

Along those lines, what's the most ridiculously good bit of business your club has done in the transfer market? Andy Caroll on Newcastle's behalf being one of the obvious ones. It still amazes me that we got Henrik Larsson from Feyenoord for 650k.

Easy. Kevin Davis. Signed for 100k or less.

Sold for £7.5m + James Beattie.

Pachimari

So Punto Pelota confirms that 5 of the Spanish players has hired hookers in Brazil. Two of them being Sergio Ramos and Iker Casillas. :(

Seriously strip that captain band off of him! I really don't understand why he don't tell his excuse of a girlfriend to shut it when it comes to Real Madrid. Now she don't like Cavani? Tsk.

L1NETT

Along those lines, what's the most ridiculously good bit of business your club has done in the transfer market? .

A whole team which cost total £7,500 which beat Wigan, Arsenal and Villa. Team's total wages? Half of Chamakh's.

But one single transfer? Not in terms of making money, but resigning Stuart McCall from Rangers on a free. Was so happy he came back, still my favourite player of all time.

Messi

So Punto Pelota confirms that 5 of the Spanish players has hired hookers in Brazil. Two of them being Sergio Ramos and Iker Casillas. :(

Seriously strip that captain band off of him! I really don't understand why he don't tell his excuse of a girlfriend to shut it when it comes to Real Madrid. Now she don't like Cavani? Tsk.

Poor Casillas and Ramos

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
According to some italian sources, Marotta is now on the phone with Txiki regarding Tevez. Like, RIGHT NOW. Ten o'clock. It's amazing how precise these mercato muppets are. Such bullshit, lol.
A courtesy call before the invasion

Juventus officials will fly to England on Tuesday for talks with Manchester City regarding their bid for Carlos Tevez, reports the Gazzetta dello Sport
-
Cause Utrecht needs the extra cash. (supposedly Utrecht get 30% of the transfer fee)

Oh ye greedy cunt :p

Mastadon

Banned
Pot Noodles are a questionable snack at the best of times, but beef and tomato is the fucking worst flavour. Chicken and Mushroom 4 lyf.

:lol casillas

GorillaJu

Isn't the reason you marry someone who looks like this
sara-carbonero.jpg

that you never have to pay for sex directly again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom