• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
PAW5cOV.jpg

HHHNNNGGGGGGG

Arnie

I'm loving the way Ellie and Joel's relationship is evolving. Makes The Walking Dead's attempt to do the same look embarassing to be honest.
I wouldn't say that.

They're both exceptional, and the latter excels in areas that TLoU doesn't, which is impressive considering its size and scope. But, with all that said, TLoU is my favourite game of the generation.

I wouldn't say that.

They're both exceptional, and the latter excels in areas that TLoU doesn't, which is impressive considering its size and scope. But, with all that said, TLoU is my favourite game of the generation.

Don;t get me wrong, I really like Clementine, and I loved the relationship between Lee and her, but in hindsight it was not handled naturally at all. In the space of about 2 scenes, Lee goes from a stranger to keep your distance from, to a father-figure.

Wilbur

Banned
Just finished The Last of Us. Game of the generation for me, by a long, long way.

I haven't even finished it and I have to say the same. The rest of my GOTGs have been ones that totally took me by surprise; I bought Oblivion on the strength of good reviews having had the choice between that and Spider Man 3, and played it for 150 hours. I didn't like Uncharted or Assassins Creed 1, so the seconds blew me away. Arkham Asylum was a legitimately good Batman game. Portal was a game hidden away on a collection of games including the much feted HL2. Super Mario galaxy followed Sunshine and was just so stunningly creative.

I expected TLOU to blow me away, the hype was high. And it absolutely did.

Milan new kit

3yegIPQ.jpg

old?

Fucking lol

I'm loving the way Ellie and Joel's relationship is evolving. Makes The Walking Dead's attempt to do the same look embarassing to be honest.

The story in The Last Of Us is one of the best told stories in gaming.

Hell, I'll put the story on par with the best post apocalyptic books and movies we have.

Wilbur

Banned
It's really quite frustrating that I'm getting excited about Spain's twentieth or something best player joining us, and no fucking team wants to take England's best player off us.

We're so shit.

Mastadon

Banned
Starting a new TV series tonight and torn between The Killing (US version) or Person of Interest. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

It's really quite frustrating that I'm getting excited about Spain's twentieth or something best player joining us, and no fucking team wants to take England's best player off us.

We're so shit.

To be fair, even if he is England's best player he's too fucking overpaid.

Wilbur

Banned
To be fair, even if he is England's best player he's too fucking overpaid.

Oh I know, but it says a lot about us that our best player is an overweight unfocused disloyal turkey with a penchant for old prostitutes and a head like a Maris Piper, who had all the talent in the world and despite a sterling career still feels like he's wasted it?

They really should shut the fuck up. Wonder why he couldn't just call them up and tell them to though lol. What pleases me the most is him starting to get pissed with De Laurentiis too, eat it you old cunt.

Yeah it must be really frustraitimg having your own family talking all kinds of bollocks. Then an agent who promises the earth and can't deliver because his club is hell bent on starting a bidding war.

There was a girl I really liked at college who always used to listen to Portishead. At the time, I didn't know who they were, so my friend told me that they were called 'Porpoisehead'.

A couple of days later, she was sitting in the canteen with a group of her friends, so I went over to her and told her how cool I thought she was for listening to Porpoisehead, and that I was a massive fan and we should hook up and listen to them together.

I was promptly laughed out of the canteen.

jbe9YiLvma0tpS_e.jpg

scently

Starting a new TV series tonight and torn between The Killing (US version) or Person of Interest. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

The Killing is very nice. I enjoyed season 1 more than 2 even though I watched them back to back on Netflix. I haven't watched PoI so I don't really have an opinion on it, but it seems a good show based on comments in gaf.

Mastadon

Banned
Oh I know, but it says a lot about us that our best player is an overweight unfocused disloyal turkey with a penchant for old prostitutes and a head like a Maris Piper, who had all the talent in the world and despite a sterling career still feels like he's wasted it?

3rd best player. I put RVP and De Gea way above him.

But yeah, he was such a fucking TANK during the early years. Now it's like having a Midfielder/Striker mix that doesn't really fit the game well.

Wilbur

Banned
3rd best player. I put RVP and De Gea way above him.

But yeah, he was such a fucking TANK during the early years. Now it's like having a Midfielder/Striker mix that doesn't really fit the game well.

Our means England haha, not United! Apologies. I just mean it's pretty disheartening watching all these amazing talents - Cavani, Falcao, Isco, Thiago, Mhikartaryan - being transferred around Europe, and England's best player, who when he can be bothered is absolutely unstoppable, can't get one big club from abroad to make a proper offer. An indictment of our country's failings.

You're right about him for United though; I've said a few times that despite him being ridiculously versatile, there's better players in every position. If he was on sub 100k a week and he was happy to be rotated, it would be acceptable. But neither of those are the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom