• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaming personalities like Egoraptor, JonTron and Angry Joe.

What the fuck is that all about?

I really like Matt and Pat from Two Best Friends Play. Everyone else can fuck off.

I think its just because they're not really trying to be informative most of the time, which is good because I don't care. The Game Grumps are the worst though, "wacky" as they may be.

Gaming personalities like Egoraptor, JonTron and Angry Joe.

What the fuck is that all about?

Idk but they're all awkward and unprofessional as fuck.

Further, I just saw that Matt Lees thread on gaming side. I imagine you have to be a non-UKer to find that funny. To me he sounds like that annoying nerd twat who thinks he sounds funny because he pretends to do shrill regional accents all the time.

Same. He's one of those comedians I just can't stand. People really find this guy funny? Nigel please.

Its weird how you sometimes get people whose every facet annoys you in some way. The way he moves, the way his character dresses, the way he talks, his facial tics, the shape of his head, it all just puts me off him, and most of it isn't even his fault :p

Batigol

Banned
Idk but they're all awkward and unprofessional as fuck.

Further, I just saw that Matt Lees thread on gaming side. I imagine you have to be a non-UKer to find that funny. To me he sounds like that annoying nerd twat who thinks he sounds funny because he pretends to do shrill regional accents all the time.

Felt like I was the only one :lol Thread was embarrassing

Zabojnik

Starting a new TV series tonight and torn between The Killing (US version) or Person of Interest. Any thoughts or other suggestions?

Go with Justified, no doubt about it. The Killing is watchable and beautifuly shot, but not really that great. PoI is ... okay. Depends on the episode.

Did Juve get Tevez then?

Apparently the Argentine newspaper Ole says the Tevez deal is finalized.

http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/06/juventus-wrap-up-deal-for-manchester-city-star/?

PLEASE BE TRUE, PLEASE BE TRUE, PLEASE BE TRUE.

And you're welcome, Yurt. <3

confuziz

Banned
Normally I'd say that he's not good enough for Zenit...but Kerzhakov has been so bad recently. If we were to poach someone from the Eredivisie I'd prefer if we went after Bony but alas....#Bacon

I would make love to all your russian babies if you buy Pelle. Feyenoord will end up mid table next year lolol

Batigol

Banned
I don't mind Birmingham selling our best players, but fuck, Redmond can do better than Norwich and Swansea.

It's like when we sold both our best cb's to Wolves and Blackburn and they both got relegated.

Now Hull have signed Davies. Does he really think they'll stay up? Fucking Hull. We're bigger than Hull. Bruce can fuck off. Face like a bag of smashed crisps

Fuck me

Meier

Seeing Vampire Weekend on Thursday

I've seen them a few times, but the last time I did was right after Contra came out when we were still living in Chicago. I felt so out of place.. everyone there was like 15 or 16.

I took a few photos but from reading my description, only about 1/4th what I would have normally taken. I haven't brought a camera other than my phone to a gig in awhile which I kinda regret when I look at my pics from this era (not to mention my camera is better now).

4472176732_d289f5838c.jpg

Here's a video of Campus (crap audio..) which is maybe my favorite song of theirs: http://www.flickr.com/photos/abellwillring/4471391817/in/set-72157623724108826?likes_hd=1

Linius

Haha, yeah that's a pretty good way to describe them. Vampire Weekend are quite similar in that regard.

Really? Over here (back in 2010 at least) they looked so happy to play their music on stage. The crowd went completely nuts as well. I think as far as it goed for jumping and dancing at a concert Vampire Weekend has been my best experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSP9_bOG0c8

Too bad the vide quality is a bit shitty, but this was the gig I was at.

Wilbur

Banned
I don't mind Birmingham selling our best players, but fuck, Redmond can do better than Norwich and Swansea.

It's like when we sold both our best cb's to Wolves and Blackburn and they both got relegated.

Now Hull have signed Davies. Does he really think they'll stay up? Fucking Hull. We're bigger than Hull. Bruce can fuck off. Face like a bag of smashed crisps

Fuck me

Swansea would be a good club to go to. Established mid table at least, good manager, nice football.

Norwich can eat dick. Fuck Shake. Two club turkey.

Mastadon

Banned
I've seen them a few times, but the last time I did was right after Contra came out when we were still living in Chicago. I felt so out of place.. everyone there was like 15 or 16.

I took a few photos but from reading my description, only about 1/4th what I would have normally taken. I haven't brought a camera other than my phone to a gig in awhile which I kinda regret when I look at my pics from this era (not to mention my camera is better now).

http://farm5.staticflickr.com/4039/4472176732_d289f5838c.jpg[/I][/QUOTE]

Wilbury will feel right at home.

Meier

Really? Over here (back in 2010 at least) they looked so happy to play their music on stage. The crowd went completely nuts as well. I think as far as it goed for jumping and dancing at a concert Vampire Weekend has been my best experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSP9_bOG0c8

Too bad the vide quality is a bit shitty, but this was the gig I was at.

Oh yeah, the crowd is into it (you can see in the Campus video) and they're doing their thing a bit but they're just boring looking guys in general. :lol This photo kinda captures that.

4471396385_d6e7c9ea7b_z.jpg

Honigstein and Tancredi confirming Tevez deal is done for Juve. 12 million Euros.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

#basedtxiki

Meier

Juve kinda short sighted with this, Jovetic would have been the better buy imo.

Who cares though, it's only Juve and now that Ancelotti has been named as Madrid manager I want to see Higuain on Arsenal.com so I can relax a bit.
Tevez is cheaper and still the better player. They'll be someone else in a few years time that they'll swoop for. Or as one of the Juve fans said, maybe they can get him on a free next year (Jovetic). Worked with Llorente when his club would only sell for the buyout price.

Who cares though, it's only Juve and now that Ancelotti has been named as Madrid manager I want to see Higuain on Arsenal.com so I can relax a bit.

If Jovetic is €30 million and Tevez is €12 million then I know which I would go for.

Arnie

Get hyped.

The Assassination of Jesse James was good. A bit long and slow, certainly could've done with some editing, but enjoyable nonetheless. If we're talking about recent Westerns I much preferred 3:10 to Yuma.

Zabojnik

Tevez, if indeed we sign him, doesn't really exclude Jovetic. We would have to sell Matri/Quags first though.

Jovetic won't go for free next year, btw. He extended his contract until 2017, I think. We are however best buddies with Jojo's agent Ramadani, who also happens to be Ljajic's agent. The latter will go for free next season and Ramadani can threaten Fiorentina with that, if they decide to play hardball with Jovetic. Jojo wants to join Juve, that much is clear.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

No, I don't think you understand.

We need two strikers, it was either Higuain and Jovetic or Tevez and Jovetic.

Jovetic is our constant. &#9829;

Arnie

Saw Vampire Weekend at Leeds a few years back and moaned the whole way through. I think I had heat stroke to be fair, and their music sounds like Willy Wonka's iPod. Think they're a bit cack.

Tevez for €12 million is a superb deal, he's class and still has a few years in him.

Lightning

Banned
No, I don't think you understand.

We need two strikers, it was either Higuain and Jovetic or Tevez and Jovetic.

Jovetic is our constant. &#9829;
If City sell Tevez they will need a replacement and it could be Jovetic. 30m is not a problem for City so you'll be stuck in another bidding war though. You should nab Jovetic first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom