• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool are pulling blinders so far this summer (CBs not withstanding), but the GK sitchi is fucking delicate.

I'm torn with the keeper situation

If Reina is definitely leaving next summer, fine, snap up Mignolet while we can
If we plan to use both, Reina is a waste of wages/ability and he should be looking to leave
If that happens, we're still fucked for backup keepers

Unless Reina is definitely gone next year, I can't help but feel that we've spent a fair wedge on a position that wasn't a priority (personally) when it would make more sense to spend £4m on a decent 2nd choice and put the remaining £6m towards a centreback/backup left back

@Crash, Tevez, Nastasic and Zabaleta were my three :)

L1NETT

5th July? Feels like ages away :(

Kompany was only disappointing in comparison to the season before last but he was solid.

Kompany, Zabaleta, Clichy, Nastasic and Tevez. That's it.

All yes apart from Clichy. The guy is a defensive horror show. Always out of position, lazy, can't defend set pieces.

And Zabaleta was terrific last season, most consistent right back in the league.

Wilbur

Banned
All yes apart from Clichy. The guy is a defensive horror show. Always out of position, lazy, can't defend set pieces.

And Zabaleta was terrific last season, most consistent right back in the league.

I think Clichy's quietly quite consistent. He doesn't stand out and he's far too weak when against a robust winger (TONY V WHERE HAVE YOU GONE), but typically City get fucked due to laziness on Yaya's part and a lack of pace/technical understanding/ability/soul in Barry, and it's fucking criminal that a team with City's money and ambition have a midfield that gets bypassed because of things like that. As shit as our midfield is, it isn't for lack of effort. But Toure is a liability when he isn't focused.

Zabojnik

Llorente - Tevez up front, not bad

Read somewhere Juve may offload Marchisio to raise some cash, how likely is this?

Not very likely, imo. Unless someone comes knocking with a 30M€+ cheque. We'll try to sell Matri and Quagliarella before we think about selling Principino.

Cavani to Chelsea?

carlo-ancelotti-5.jpg

Llorente - Tevez up front, not bad

Read somewhere Juve may offload Marchisio to raise some cash, how likely is this?

Not happening. A regional Italian paper is saying that Juve would consider offers, but that's really only stupid money, like Cavani money, that will get us to sell.

L1NETT

I think Clichy's quietly quite consistent. He doesn't stand out and he's far too weak when against a robust winger (TONY V WHERE HAVE YOU GONE), but typically City get fucked due to laziness on Yaya's part and a lack of pace/technical understanding/ability/soul in Barry, and it's fucking criminal that a team with City's money and ambition have a midfield that gets bypassed because of things like that. As shit as our midfield is, it isn't for lack of effort. But Toure is a liability when he isn't focused.

Yeah will agree to an extent, but Clichy has never been consistent.

Same at Arsenal, always giving away stupid goals. Remember Birmingham? Potentially cost them the title.

Meier

Tevez is one of three City players who wasn't disappointing last season. Discuss.

I'd say there were more players than that, but I've been consistent in saying I thought he was our best player last season. I think even when he wasn't scoring goals, he was playing well and he played throughout the entire season. That Mancini benched him with relative frequency at times was his (RM's) failing and not Carlitos'.

Is he good?

He is very good. Fast, amazing dribble skills, good passer. He is a bit of a diva but still a fighter, strong character. He has played in the shittier team of the liga this year in my opinion, a very defensive team that kept throwing him long balls and he always managed to do something with them even being completely alone most of the time. He is not a pure forward, but he scores.

Put him behind a good 9 and both will be much better.

Yen

BNoUnlCCQAEV7f8.jpg

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC
Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Belgium international goalkeeper Simon Mignolet

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
Simon Mignolet has completed his £9m transfer from Sunderland to Liverpool after passing a routine medical today.

Do you guys reckon Lucas will ever get back in the Brazil team?

I can;t help but think the significant time he was injured for has allowed the likes of Gustavo to get their foot in the door, and he'll find it very difficult to get himself back in the running, even if he continues his steady rise back to his pre-injury standard

I'd be beaming like a mentalist if he and Coutinho got into the 2014 squad. It would mean a lot to them.

We got rid of Iaquinta. That's all that matters to me.

Llorente, Tevez, Jovetic, Vucinic, Giovinco ... what a fucking upgrade that would be.

Jovetic and Gio can play as second forwards even as attacking mids, it would really boost the squad significantly.

anelka is gone right?

Fry

Not been a whole week since I posted 'the transfer window hasn't even opened yet.'

I'm really fucking clueless :lol

Bocanegra no longer plays there right?

Went out on loan... somewhere, kind of glad he did because his wages mean he's a luxury we can't really afford and definitely don't need. He's having discussions just now about what'll happen next season, he's probably looking for a payout to terminate his contract.

I really liked Captain America though, he was very good tactically and was a great influence on the younger players.

Wilbur

Banned
BNoUnlCCQAEV7f8.jpg

Liverpool FC ‏@LFC
Liverpool Football Club are delighted to confirm the signing of Belgium international goalkeeper Simon Mignolet

Tony Barrett ‏@TonyBarretTimes
Simon Mignolet has completed his £9m transfer from Sunderland to Liverpool after passing a routine medical today.

Hope he's first choice to be honest. As top as Reina has been, and as loyal to the club and as loved as he is, he isn't the better keeper anymore. Should move on now to be first choice. Good luck to him.

And good luck to Mig. Has a chance to really stand out next year now; I'd have called him keeper of the season anyway probably (or at the very least top three), but needs to perform consistently and on a bigger stage now. Really rate him. Rodgers needs to pull it out of the back concerning the team's performance this year, because he's been backed well enough. Seventh won't do this year.

Jelly that Liverpool have signed the Mig.

Need a fucking goalie... Maybe Begovic is available?

Begovic is such an obvious transfer for you to make. Really not sure why nobody appears to be after him

@Wilbz, if we finish below Everton again I'm gonna touch Rodgers' face with my fists at a reasonable pace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom