• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Jelly that Liverpool have signed the Mig.

Need a fucking goalie... Maybe Begovic is available?

Pretend I am shouting this from downstairs.

In theory he is because Stoke bought Butland. But Begovic strikes me as a very Hughes keeper, so... dunno. And he's not a very Arsenal keeper.

Missing out on Lloris was fucking dumb for Arsenal. They should consider Vorm as well.

Fry

Looks cool as fuck, though. That counts for something in my book.

sterling.jpg

Arnie

Arnie my post in the attractive sports thread was better than your post in the attractive sports thread.

Noirorus beat us both, to be fair.

If I have a song it'd take a blue whale's vagina full of restraint not to call him Xabi.
Pretend I am shouting this from downstairs.

In theory he is because Stoke bought Butland. But Begovic strikes me as a very Hughes keeper, so... dunno. And he's not a very Arsenal keeper.

Missing out on Lloris was fucking dumb for Arsenal. They should consider Vorm as well.
What on God's green Earth is a 'Hughes keeper'?

tumblr_mavtsxheQV1rzearvo1_500.gif

Don't worry Sir Chesney is going to be a year older.

He's so shit though :lol

Who cares if he's a year older, man needs to learn and not be stupid innit.

He is, but he can't use his feet that much. Biggest problem with him.

Looks cool as fuck, though. That counts for something in my book.

Much better than our current keepers though.. And yeah he is cool as fuck.

Begovic is such an obvious transfer for you to make. Really not sure why nobody appears to be after him

Butland should go straight into the first team IMO. I WANT BEGOVIC.

Mastadon

Banned
If a club offers £30 million he won't be sold, simple as.

A situation doesn't exist where he goes for that amount. He has three years remaining on his contract. If Real really want him, and all his baggage, then they need to pony up the valuation that we've attributed to him. As a club we've got the Fernando Torres deal as a baseline, but in that situation Torres wasn't anywhere near as good as Suarez, and his contract had less than three years.

There's talk that he has a £40m release clause though, isn't there?

I'll be on in 20 minutes or so. Gonna try this mumble ting

so we do think it means the same thing

How does it work?

One earphone in and talk into the mic on the earphones? While listening to the game with the other ear? How is that more efficient than using a headset?

@Brentan, I think everyone feels that when they start watching. He's fucking awesome.

Arnie

There's talk that he has a £40m release clause though, isn't there?

It's not a release clause in the traditional sense.

Once an offer of £40 million comes in we have to 'consider' it. But I'm fairly certain, as much as somebody as in the know as I can be, that we won't sell for less than a total value of £50 million. FSG understand how important their reputation is, and they don't want to be seen to be bullied below our pre-established price for a top striker.

Mignolet seems a smart guy, which also makes a change.

Hixx

That's enough off topic talk for today.

TLoU anyone?

I will play in 10, see if my gut settles down.

-

Mignolet... He is mint and the best in the league but we can't turn down ~£11m for a 'keeper when we have another good one on the bench. Personally I think he really should have waited to see if a CL club came in for him and the way his agent went on in the last 2 weeks was really disappointing, there was no need for it.

As for SAFC, it's rumoured that we will spend some of this cash on Alfred Duncan, so I'm pretty happy with that. Gonna be a busy fortnight at the SoL I think!

It's not a release clause in the traditional sense.

Once an offer of £40 million comes in we have to 'consider' it. But I'm fairly certain, as much as somebody as in the know as I can be, that we won't sell for less than a total value of £50 million. FSG understand how important their reputation is, and they don't want to be seen to be bullied below our pre-established price for a top striker.

Mignolet seems a smart guy, which also makes a change.

I'm fairly sure he's just finished a Law degree or something along those lines.

Salvadora

The window hasn't finished yet and there are other top keepers available.

Mignolet is proven in the league, and incredibly talented.

I can't think of any other keeper who would be available that would be a better call than him. Feel free to point me in the right direction, though.

Wilbur

Banned
Begovic is over-rated IMO.

Shit distribution, suspect at near post.

He's an improvement on what Arsenal have to be fair. Good shot stopper, good organisation but you're right about his distribution. Not really a Wenger signing.

How does it work?

One earphone in and talk into the mic on the earphones? While listening to the game with the other ear? How is that more efficient than using a headset?

@Brentan, I think everyone feels that when they start watching. He's fucking awesome.

I was just gonna turn the game down a bit and stream mumble from my phone with no headphones. I love my intimate chats with Arnold while Koko chainsaws through a tree but Hixx and Quiche and Wooden all use mumbles so just wanna hear that sweet Danish tone for a bit

Hixx

He's an improvement on what Arsenal have to be fair. Good shot stopper, good organisation but you're right about his distribution. Not really a Wenger signing.

I was just gonna turn the game down a bit and stream mumble from my phone with no headphones. I love my intimate chats with Arnold while Koko chainsaws through a tree but Hixx and Quiche and Wooden all use mumbles so just wanna hear that sweet Danish tone for a bit

Don't think Quiche and Wooden will be playing.

Labadal

I wonder if Reina will stay. Would mean great competition for the GK position.

Luis Alberto (never seen him play)
Iago Aspas (never seen him play)
Simon Mignolet (could be great)
Kolo Toure (past his prime)

Four signings for £25 million. Andy Carroll sold for £15 million. I hope these guys deliver.

Hixx

How does it work?

Because you sound like a tongueless dog on PS3 voip. Push to talk, not limited by game rules... it's just better. There ain't no comparison to be had, especially if you can get it on your pc.

Wilbur

Banned
Kendrick and Kanye link up would be dope but Kendrick is so much better than Ye flow wise it'd have the potential to be embarrassing unless he brought his A-game. Jay-Z was lazy on WTT, but when he brings it he wipes the floor with him technically. Live, Jay was so relaxed while Kanye was a manic ball of nuts energy.

I like manic energy more. Fuck Jay. Lazy rapper. Living off reputation, has to change it up. One of the best lyricists and rappers in the game but hardly shows it. Last amazing thing he did was his verse on Monster.

To be fair a keeper isn't a 'Wenger' signing.

LOOOL true.

Because you sound like a tongueless dog on PS3 voip. Push to talk, not limited by game rules... it's just better. There ain't no comparison to be had, especially if you can get it on your pc.

How is push to talk better? Just don't talk unless you want to be heard. Problem solved.

I'd have to go earphoneless if I used Mumble with the game since I'm almost deaf in one ear, and bollocks to sacrificing the game's audio to chat with you gang of mugs :p

Do you guys reckon Lucas will ever get back in the Brazil team?

I can;t help but think the significant time he was injured for has allowed the likes of Gustavo to get their foot in the door, and he'll find it very difficult to get himself back in the running, even if he continues his steady rise back to his pre-injury standard

I'd be beaming like a mentalist if he and Coutinho got into the 2014 squad. It would mean a lot to them.

It will be tough I think. Now that Fernandinho is playing in a higher profile league I think he could get some callups now as well.

Sane_Man

I'm torn with the keeper situation

If Reina is definitely leaving next summer, fine, snap up Mignolet while we can
If we plan to use both, Reina is a waste of wages/ability and he should be looking to leave
If that happens, we're still fucked for backup keepers

Unless Reina is definitely gone next year, I can't help but feel that we've spent a fair wedge on a position that wasn't a priority (personally) when it would make more sense to spend £4m on a decent 2nd choice and put the remaining £6m towards a centreback/backup left back

He's arguably the very best keeper we could possibly have signed. Reina is gone by next year at the latest, almost 100%. If we'd waited until then Mingolet would be gone. Makes sense to invest now and we have one of the best keepers in the Prem for the (hopefully) glorious future!

Wilbur

Banned
Fuck it gonna rock headphones tonight

Be warned

I'll be singing Yeezus lyrics

EATIN ASIAN PUSSY
ALL I NEED WAS SWEET AND SOUR SAUCE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom