• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

Wasn't it you that said his album was really overrated?

edit: apologies if it wasn't. I remember someone from here posting something like that in the thread.

Yep,but I got around to it. I still don't know if it was the best one from last year, though.
Especially since Battle Born came out in the same year.
Kendrick and Kanye link up would be dope but Kendrick is so much better than Ye flow wise it'd have the potential to be embarrassing unless he brought his A-game. Jay-Z was lazy on WTT, but when he brings it he wipes the floor with him technically. Live, Jay was so relaxed while Kanye was a manic ball of nuts energy.

I like manic energy more. Fuck Jay. Lazy rapper. Living off reputation, has to change it up. One of the best lyricists and rappers in the game but hardly shows it. Last amazing thing he did was his verse on Monster.

LOOOL true.

I'm listening to Monster right now. Loveeeeeee this song. Yeezy's verse is gold.

Hixx

How is push to talk better? Just don't talk unless you want to be heard. Problem solved.

I'd have to go earphoneless if I used Mumble with the game since I'm almost deaf in one ear, and bollocks to sacrificing the game's audio to chat with you gang of mugs :p

tbh if you don't want to use just don't use it, you're finding ways to make it sound worse than ps3 chat when it just objectively isn't

Yen

I wonder if Reina will stay. Would mean great competition for the GK position.

Luis Alberto (never seen him play)
Iago Aspas (never seen him play)
Simon Mignolet (could be great)
Kolo Toure (past his prime)

Four signings for £25 million. Andy Carroll sold for £15 million. I hope these guys deliver.

We get £2.8m for Ince going to Cardiff too.

I hope Liverpool unveil all these players at one press conference like Houllier used to. That was cool, until we signed Diouf, Diao, Cheyrou, and Luzi in the one window!

Wilbur

Banned
doesn't sound very isolated

tbh

or was that bit an existential remark?

come on bro if you dont understand the metaphor what can i do

the asian pussy part refers to former liverpool head of media communications jen chang and the sweet and sour sauce part refers to the polarising reaction to his tactics in dealing with internet prankster duncan jenkins

Meier

As for SAFC, it's rumoured that we will spend some of this cash on Alfred Duncan, so I'm pretty happy with that. Gonna be a busy fortnight at the SoL I think!

Was pretty impressed with this guy during their game yesterday versus Spain. Ghana have a few very promising players. I'm worried about the US' chances.. we need a win against them to maybe stay in the tournament.

Fry

That song confused me so much. Nicki Minaj was really good.

People that haven't heard it think I'm weird if I bring up the fact that she was actually good in something :p

yep, they're all at the top of their game in that song.

The song 'Monster' is something Yeezus can't offer. :/ But still, great album.

Lightning

Banned
Come on Lightning, you know as well as I do that Wenger is going to go for young and inexperienced over all else.
I stopped my keeper posts because I know one coming this summer is very unlikely and has been for a number of weeks.

And the PL experience is bs. I would be happy with someone like Adler, who is available, just as much as I would be with Begovic or Mignolet.

Wilbur

Banned
Where are you guys catching Veep, Person of Interest & Hannibal?
I can't see them on Netflix :(

Hannibal's on like sky living or some shit, dunno the rest. Streaming somewhere I suppose? WELP

Uh, black girl sippin' white wine
Put my fist in her like a civil rights sign

The more I listen to it the more I love it. I actually love every Ye album. Apart from cruel summer but that was hardly him. Still pretty shit.

De Gea was very young and inexperienced. Not a good example

There are some leagues where dealing with physicality never becomes an issue. If you're buying a Spanish keeper, they'll probably need a lot of work to get them adjusted to the buffeting they recieve when trying to deal with high balls. Age and general experience have little to do with it imo.

Fry

Hannibal's on like sky living or some shit, dunno the rest. Streaming somewhere I suppose? WELP

The more I listen to it the more I love it. I actually love every Ye album. Apart from cruel summer but that was hardly him. Still pretty shit.

At least it gave us Clique, New God Flow, To The World. Badass songs.

Arnie

come on bro if you dont understand the metaphor what can i do

the asian pussy part refers to former liverpool head of media communications jen chang and the sweet and sour sauce part refers to the polarising reaction to his tactics in dealing with internet prankster duncan jenkins

I'm crouching, I hear you.

Mignolet song is boss.*

*video was filmed in the Pig & Whistle

Lightning

Banned
There are some leagues where dealing with physicality never becomes an issue. If you're buying a Spanish keeper, they'll probably need a lot of work to get them adjusted to the buffeting they recieve when trying to deal with high balls. Age and general experience have little to do with it imo.
Like Rene Adler or Rui Patricio would be bad signings because no PL experience?

Mastadon

Banned
The fisting is an expression of the minimalism he wants to convey; he reduces the act of sex to a violent act, perhaps alluding to the association made in the media between the two.

Or something idk lol

Actually I think he was expressing that he feels that the fight for sexual freedom is comparable to civil freedom. It's liberation disguised as misogyny.

Wilbur

Banned
yep, they're all at the top of their game in that song.

The song 'Monster' is something Yeezus can't offer. :/ But still, great album.

I like how different the albums sound though. As good as TCD and LR are, they're very similar. Then Graduation is pretty different, but everything since is wildly varied. I love it. I love that about Radiohead and Arcade Fire as well, that they aren't afraid to change it up album after album. That's what the best artists do, from the Beatles and Dylan to ones now; constantly reinventing themselves and mastering everything instead of just being the best at one thing.

Don't think he'll ever top his production levels on MBDTF though, don't think it was overproduced at all. Runaway, All Of The Lights, and Hell Of A Life are fucking astounding in the speakers I have at home <3

Like Rene Adler or Rui Patricio would be bad signings because no PL experience?

That's not what I'm saying at all. There are facets of the Premier League that are unique to our league, and make it preferable to buy a player who is certain to be able to cope with them.

Buying a keeper from outside the league is more risky than buying a similarly skilled one from inside.

Meier

Where are you guys catching Veep, Person of Interest & Hannibal?
I can't see them on Netflix :(

Veep is on HBO. Hannibal just finished on NBC.. so it may be available via Hulu Plus but it won't be on Netflix for awhile. Person of Interest is on CBS so I have no clue.

Kanye's probably the only artist where I actually do like all his albums despite him changing stuff up, everyone else has something shit. I didn't like 808s but it has grown on me, still the worst one for me though

Nyx

Oh due to the ban of Turkish clubs in European football coming season, Utrecht is a seeded team in the EL playoff round at the moment, hope it stays this way if we make it to that round!

Suen

The window hasn't finished yet and there are other top keepers available.
No Mignolet then target Lopez, give him some time to adjust to Premier lol and it will be great. Else we'll have to hope Sczczcufhsufsa will do a great job again but seriously I think it would be good for him to have some competition for the spot. I don't want Cesar :/

Salvadora

I stopped my keeper posts because I know one coming this summer is very unlikely and has been for a number of weeks.

And the PL experience is bs. I would be happy with someone like Adler, who is available, just as much as I would be with Begovic or Mignolet.

I wouldn't call league experience bullshit.

I think Liverpool got him for a very good price and know exactly what they're getting themselves in for. It shouldn't be a sole determining factor, but it's a nice cherry on top.

Mastadon

Banned
Best line on MBDTF is:

That y’all, it's like that y'all
I don’t really give a fuck about it at all
Cause the same people that tried to black ball me
Forgot about two things: My black balls

Lunchbox

Banned
I wouldn't call league experience bullshit.

I think Liverpool got him for a very good price and know exactly what they're getting themselves in for. It shouldn't be a sole determining factor, but it's a nice cherry on top.
what a rubbish signing. LFC will be relegated with a player like that in their team

Rodgers out, bring back Roy Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom