• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fry

I have always liked Mignolet. If it was up to me, we can kiss Reina good bye.

I hope that Henrikh dude signs and Suarez goes already.

Arnie

Its weird having a transfer season where the only opinions I have on the targets have been formed be the reports of others. Mignolet is the only one I can pretend to have an informed view on :p

And even then, I don't really know how good he is.

I'm gagging for the Armenian Jesus.

I have always liked Mignolet. If it was up to me, we can kiss Reina good bye.

I hope that Henrikh dude signs and Suarez goes already.

lol@Liverpool fans actively wanting Suarez to leave this summer. We're in no position to want rid of our best player because he spoke out of turn when he has 3 years left

Zabojnik

If City sell Tevez they will need a replacement and it could be Jovetic. 30m is not a problem for City so you'll be stuck in another bidding war though. You should nab Jovetic first.

We should swoop whoever the fuck is currently available before somebody else does, screw priorities. Otherwise will end up with nothing, just like last year and the year before that.

Marry, LOCK TEVEZ DOWN FFS.

Meier

If City sell Tevez they will need a replacement and it could be Jovetic. 30m is not a problem for City so you'll be stuck in another bidding war though. You should nab Jovetic first.

I'm not entirely sure we'll sign a direct replacement especially if we go 4-3-3. Since it seems like we're missing on Isco, I'd think we may make a run at Reus. I imagine Pellegrini will give Guidetti a chance or will look to sign a player that interests him specifically. Jovetic was probably more of a Mancini signing as was any player from the Italian leagues that we've been linked to over the years.

Arnie

lol@Liverpool fans actively wanting Suarez to leave this summer. We're in no position to want rid of our best player because he spoke out of turn when he has 3 years left
I would love it if he stayed, but it's not a Torres situation if he goes.

I'm not attached to him anywhere near the level I was with Torres, and I trust us to do some clever shit with the proceeds of any sale.
Wasnt the acting fucking top
And didnt it look fucking stunning
Yea, the bit where James reads the paper regarding Dick confessing, and then Ford moving to the living room where he proceeds to have a panic attack was electrifying. The film was like a roller coaster, though. Those seven minutes moved exceedingly quick, but then there's like 30 minutes of them taking a piss, or walking through snow and it's all a bit lethargic.

Jesus christ though it all looked beautiful. There was a shot at the start where they rob the train at night and James is stood in the smoke, with the light pilfering through. Wanted to lick my television.

Korez

BNoHk7qCIAAlAZS.jpg:large

I don't care about what he said. I think Liverpool will benefit from selling him.

I'd be very surprised if Liverpool got a fair amount of money for him talent wise. He easily brings as much to the table as anyone else in the league, but the baggage he'd bring means he's worth about £30 million to most clubs.

I hope he stays though cos I love watching him, one of the few players in the league where I'm on the edge of my seat nearly every time he gets the ball.

Arnie

I'd be very surprised if Liverpool got a fair amount of money for him talent wise. He easily brings as much to the table as anyone else in the league, but the baggage he'd bring means he's worth about £30 million to most clubs.

I hope he stays though cos I love watching him, one of the few players in the league where I'm on the edge of my seat nearly every time he gets the ball.

If a club offers £30 million he won't be sold, simple as.

A situation doesn't exist where he goes for that amount. He has three years remaining on his contract. If Real really want him, and all his baggage, then they need to pony up the valuation that we've attributed to him. As a club we've got the Fernando Torres deal as a baseline, but in that situation Torres wasn't anywhere near as good as Suarez, and his contract had less than three years.

If a club offers £30 million he won't be sold, simple as.

A situation doesn't exist where he goes for that amount. He has three years remaining on his contract. If Real really want him, and all his baggage, then they need to pony up the valuation that we've attributed to him. As a club we've got the Fernando Torres deal as a baseline, but in that situation Torres wasn't anywhere near as good as Suarez, and his contract had less than three years.

I suppose you've had to deal with various SuarezGate situations before, and him speaking to Uruguayan press about how cool Real are isn't anywhere near the worst :p

Meier

New leaked image of our away kit for next season. Still a shit photo.

manchester-city-away-shirt-front-600x600.jpg

Even harder to tell it's two-toned in this photo. Love the look of it.

Zabojnik

Latest news is 9M€ (+ 3M€ in bonuses) in three instalments for Tevez. Goddamn. I always believed in Marotta.

*remembers that Marotta paid Catania 12M€ for Martinez*

I ... I ALWAYS BELIEVED!

Meier

http://i.minus.com/ibsEjKSiImTL4Q.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]

Is that Maria Menuonos (sp?)? She is on fire lately.. showing off her body all the time. I don't really remember her having much in the way of boobs before so I wonder if she got implants or what.

Slizz

Is that Maria Menuonos (sp?)? She is on fire lately.. showing off her body all the time. I don't really remember her having much in the way of boobs before so I wonder if she got implants or what.

Thats her, not sure about the implants, if they are, then they are some of the nicer looking ones.

debbiedowner.jpg
It works for everyone.

For you guys it's great cos he is a brilliant player still and you get him at a cut price.

But I would have thought he's a tough player to sell considering his antics and wages so for City to get £10m for him...it's alright. They were never going to get close to £15m IMO.

Meier

Hmm £10m for Tevez is pretty good going for City I think.

An absolute twat who's on crazy wages in his last year of contract.

Decent.

Yeah, it's really not a bad price to be honest. Obviously we would have received more if we'd been able to sell him to Milan in the years prior but it is what it is. It's another huge salary off the books.

This is what Sky say:
Officials from the two clubs met in London on Tuesday to hammer out the deal and Tevez will now travel to Italy on Wednesday for a medical and to discuss personal terms.

Juventus are set to pay a flat fee of around £10m for the Argentina international with some additional bonuses also agreed.

City will now search for a replacement striker for Tevez - as they have only Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko on their books - although Napoli's Edinson Cavani is reportedly not one of their targets.
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8792815/?

If we sign another striker, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Soldado, Negredo, etc. One of the very good but underappreciated guys from Spain.

No, I don't think you understand.

We need two strikers, it was either Osvaldo and Osvaldo or Osvaldo and Osvaldo.

Osvaldo is our constant. ♥

Exactly, Yurt. EXACTLY.

We should swoop whoever the fuck is currently available before somebody else does, screw priorities. Otherwise will end up with nothing, just like last year and the year before that.

Marry, LOCK TEVEZ DOWN FFS.

This. Fuck pie in the sky. Let's just pay the cash for Tevez. His price is within our grasp, Jovetic isn't at the moment, so lets go and get it done. For 12m Euro? Good deal. His contract is the same as Amauri's, so fuck it we can deal with it.

Meier

I wonder if we tried to wrap this up QUICKLY to send a message to Isco. One less attacker fighting for minutes. That's my hope.

Yeah, it's really not a bad price to be honest. Obviously we would have received more if we'd been able to sell him to Milan in the years prior but it is what it is. It's another huge salary off the books.

This is what Sky say:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8792815/?

If we sign another striker, I wouldn't be surprised if it was Soldado, Negredo, etc. One of the very good but underappreciated guys from Spain.

Soldado would do nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom