• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

LOL

Dat lion king and mad dog partnership

Im quite happy with this. Signing Jovetic is surely a dream now? Marry cant be so good to us.

Why would you need Jovetic? Benzema, Cavani, Ronaldo, Isco, Ozil, Di Maria, Kaka, Morata, you have enough attack minded players.

Arnie

Has anyone else seen the Routine trailer? Playing that with Oculus Rift is going to be an experience.
If I had a good PC I'd get a Rift over a Next Gen console. It represents the future more than a share button.

I have to congratulate you once again for finding those hidden gems like Clint Dempsey, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Football League Young Player of the Year Tom Ince. You have some incredible scouts.
It's more that your interest in them only solidifies once we've put a foot in.

If we were targeting them after you the issue would be different. But anyway, all in all I'm quite pleased how things turned out.

pulga

Banned
Why would you need Jovetic? Benzema, Cavani, Ronaldo, Isco, Ozil, Di Maria, Kaka, Morata, you have enough attack minded players.

This hasn't gotten old

Hmmm Isco. Who wouldve thought Madrid would end up buying a team oriented, humble spanish wonderkid over an overpriced, selfish brazilian cunt?

The times, they are a-changing.

GorillaJu

Junkbond_trader 29 points 22 minutes ago

Hey guys - just some background on my encounter now that I have some time at lunch:

I had a meeting at this hotel in the morning and was waiting for my client to arrive (my client was running a bit late). I saw Mickey sitting by the checkin desk and initially thought he was just a perfect doppelgänger. As I continued to wait (I was standing 1m apart from him) I became more convinced that this could be our man.

At this point I went up to the checkin desk to get a closer inspection with just a random question for the receptionist. That's where I saw his key card and passport lying face up on the counter closest to where he was sitting. I googled "Armenian passport" on my iPhone and it was the exact same blue document. I stepped back, took a pic and sent it to my friend (massive Dortmund fan who is hoping he plays in the yellow and black next year). Once he confirmed he thought it was Mickey as well, I walked up and said "welcome to Liverpool" he smiled awkwardly / in a scared way and said "Thanks, lets see". His English was pretty good based on what he said to me and my eavesdropping of his chat with the receptionist.

My client came in at that point while at the same time a large fat man on a cell phone greeted Mickey - he was no one I recognised, though I don't know what his agent / manager looks like.

I'm a London based red and have no reason to lie to my fellow reds. I'm also a long time lurker and this sort of stuff pops up here so I was pretty excited I got to share as well. Read into it as little or as much as you want!

The guy who took the picture of Mkh

Arnie pls (hold me). I'm not ready for the heartbreak if this doesn't happen.

Facism

Gold Member
Can you appeal?

No idea. Its the same fucking charges we were cleared of, but UEFA have a massive stick up their arse over us. They removed us from the champs league whilst we were under investigation for "alleged matchfixing," whilst giving that said spot to another team that was also under investigation for "alleged match fixing."

All it does is fuck the team for the foreseeable future. Not going to be able to attract decent players or even retain the ones we have.

At least asshole Yildirim was suspended. He's a numpt.

FootballFan

Haha Arnie. From that OT thread on attractive athletes.

tumblr_mjxujwuc4M1rzntygo1_250.gif

I'm straight, but he's a damn good looking guy.

Converting people into Suso-followers. :p

FootballFan

This hasn't gotten old

Hmmm Isco. Who wouldve thought Madrid would end up buying a team oriented, humble spanish wonderkid over an overpriced, selfish brazilian cunt?

The times, they are a-changing.

Yeah, are you going to be in here posting about Neymar during the match? Or will you disappear like you have in his last 3 amazing performances?

Godmar.

pulga

Banned
Yeah, are you going to be in here posting about Neymar during the match? Or will you disappear like you have in his last 3 amazing performances?

Godmar.

Probably not, cant be arsed to watch 90 minutes, whilst he flops around, fouls and dives all over the the pitch, for him to actually do something and then disappear for the rest of the match.

FootballFan

Kinda surprised footballGAF didn't post gourcuff in that thread.

Probably not, cant be arsed to watch 90 minutes, whilst he flops around, fouls and dives all over the the pitch, for him to actually do something and then disappear for the rest of the match.

haha ;) sure that is why you stopped watching him, not because he is proving yo ass wrong.

It's more that your interest in them only solidifies once we've put a foot in.

If we were targeting them after you the issue would be different. But anyway, all in all I'm quite pleased how things turned out.

That's a separate issue entirely. But cash + Henderson for Dempsey. Never forget.

Your first point might have something to do with our chairman looking to wait until the last day if possible to drive down the price, and then having to move quickly if another club comes in. Look how many players we've been linked to over the past year. And we haven't even signed any of those. Let's leave the conspiracy theories.

mellz

Anyone here from Slovakia? The team I support are playing Trencin in the EL qualifiers and I'm thinking about going to the away game. How is it with football violence there? Would I run into any problems going there alone? Last time my team played in Europe I went to Alkmaar and it was a great experience bar some idiots trying to attack normal fans and families with children etc.

Arnie

But cash + Henderson for Dempsey. Never forget.

Sometimes, before bed usually, that pops into my head and I'm wracked with horror.

On a not too unrelated note it seems Shelvey might be close to Swansea, judging from his odds on Skybet. If it means Henderson gets to stay then I don't mind, as long as we include some sort of buyback or sell on clause.

pulga

Banned
Kinda surprised footballGAF didn't post gourcuff in that thread.

haha ;) sure that is why you stopped watching him, not because he is proving yo ass wrong.

Proving me wrong? He spanked Mexico. Thats not that better than those terrible brazilian defenders he goes up against.

Now youre gonna say something about Italy. Set piece that only went in because Buffon choked like few times Ive seen in my life.

Sure, he's done more than I expected out of him. He still hasnt showed jack shit to live up to his hype and price tag.

GorillaJu

Yeah! And while he's at it, he can fuck off talking about Suare.... Oh.

The link resurfaced earlier this week and when Ancelotti was asked during an interview with PA if he would like to acquire the services of the Reds forward, the Italian replied: "Suarez is a good striker, yes."

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Anyone here from Slovakia? The team I support are playing Trencin in the EL qualifiers and I'm thinking about going to the away game. How is it with football violence there? Would I run into any problems going there alone? Last time my team played in Europe I went to Alkmaar and it was a great experience bar some idiots trying to attack normal fans and families with children etc.

Stay home

Arnie

I tell you what, if Neymar has a good game against Uruguay I'll lay of calling him shite.

I still think he's a really limited footballer. Would definitely rather have Isco, even if the prices of the pair were inverted.

Carbonox

Shakhtar have officially announced the signing of Fred for €15 million.

This is too much muppet for one day...

I thought you were talking about Fred Fred, the striker. Instead you're referring to some young midfielder also called Fred. They'll probably sign striker Fred, Bernard too and then they can role play the Flintstones.

Arnie

If we don't sign Mkhitaryan I'm done with this transfer window.

It's too much for me.

I've been away from footy news for a while now. Any big transfers happen already?
United are about to sign Barcelona's Thiago.

We've signed Mignolet.

Real Madrid have signed Isco.

Arnie

Mkhitaryan is the perfect kind of transfer.

Just the right profile to get super giddy but there's still much to come.

Exactly.

Papa was good, too. A Football Manager hype machine. Tackling 20.

But alas, Shalke are fucking bellends.

Hewitt looks like Cleverley.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom