• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
My client came in at that point while at the same time a large fat man on a cell phone greeted Mickey

Aahahah

raiola.jpg

Playing MGS2 (HD) for the first time ever. I prefer Keifer to Hayter.

Never liked Hayter's VA.

Higuain's brother: “I think that Higuain is now closer to Arsenal, Juventus are a great club, but Gonzalo is too expensive for them.”

Almost there...

Well, we're no longer after him, since we picked up Tevez. So he's basically an Arsenal player now.

Arnie

I just realised that last year Martinez turned down Liverpool and now he's manager of Everton.

Hahahahahahahah.

Martinez didn't turn us down, we never formally offered him the job, but we did interview him.

Rodgers was always our first choice, but he initially rule himself out because he thought he was just one of many candidates and it would be disrespectful to Swansea to join a managerial parade. Once he was made aware of just how seriously we wanted him he agreed to take the job.

And I'm really glad events transpired that way, because I don't rate Martinez as highly as, say, Dave fucking Whelan.

GorillaJu

Going to go to bed, but I would like to say my prayers:

Dear god,

I promise I'll never visit the transfer forum on rawk again
I promise I'll never say the word "muppet" and especially not with the word "juices" or "flowing" attached
my cock will stay in, unmolested, my seed protected and not going to waste into tissues or old socks.
i'll never blame spurs for not having their own scouts (but they could make it easier on me by getting some)
I won't even laugh when Thiago signs a new contract
i'll even call my mother.

please god. just sign us Henrikh.

please... god..

please.

Zabojnik

Arnie

I thought he didn't want to work with a Director of Football so he said no...?

Nope.

He said something about turning us down long after Rodgers had been given the job, but Tony Barrett and the Echo lads insist that the only job offer presented was to Rodgers. Martinez had a meet and greet with Henry in Miami, but it was simply that. They didn't sit him down and give him a contract to sign.

because of the instability at the time, yes. Maybe he didn't want to turn into Hudgson or maybe he thought, the club didn't suit him. He is a clever man.

Happens
He was a clever man back then, now he's a desperate one, hence the Everton move.

He's thrown 'that club doesn't suit me' out the window to play fluid football with a side that pray on wind speed.

Shagwell

Exactly.

Papa was good, too. A Football Manager hype machine. Tackling 20.

But alas, Shalke are fucking bellends.

Hewitt looks like Cleverley.

I genuinely don't even know what we're waiting for at this point. What's different about the Mkh situation that's let this saga drag on like this?

Things seem to be going much more smoothly now without a DoF. Its like there's something about that positon that just doesn't work properly in England

@Yurt, he's just incredibly desperate to get on the telly, and he's a massive Man Utd fan :p

Wes

venison crêpe
@GuardianJamieJ 2m

west ham "close" to signing Jefferson Montero for winger's £3m release clause from Morelia, on a £30,000 a-week salary. #whufc

Dat Carroll supply line.

Arnie

I genuinely don't even know what we're waiting for at this point. What's different about the Mkh situation that's let this saga drag on like this?
It's all to do with him being owned by a couple of third parties, I believe. I haven't really delved into it because the idea of losing Micky to some oligarch bollocks depresses me, but I believe from next year the whole third party ownership situation becomes illegal, which means those that do own a stake in Micky are likely to want to settle on a price now.

I think, and hope, that we're arranging the transfer with all of those third parties, and a deal is imminent given that he's not returned to Shakhtar, and is actually in England.

PREACH IT BRUVA

I look forward to seeing how this coming season plays out now that we have our own numpty DoF.

I don't want to be mean, but I can;t envisage a situation where Kinnear was bought into that role for the right reasons. It almost feels like an appointment that is supposed to fail

Walshy

Seen Liverpool are linked with Deulofeu from Barcelona today in the Times, don't know exactly how reliable it is but seen as its Tony Barrett reporting it must have some credibility. What I have noticed is that we only seem to be linked with lots of attacking players but bar the Ilori link we've only been linked with Papadopolous, a deal which seems dead now. You'd think with Carragher retiring and Coates and Skrtel seemingly near the exit that we'd be linked with more defenders.

I also find it really strange that we have not been linked with any left backs or defensive midfielders. We only have Enrique and Lucas in those positions.

Why would you need Jovetic? Benzema, Cavani, Ronaldo, Isco, Ozil, Di Maria, Kaka, Morata, you have enough attack minded players.

Masterful trolling, FF.

Tevez in the next day, Ogbonna apparently also being sealed up, and Iaquinta's contract expiring in 4 days? Marry, sweet sweet Marry...

Carbonox

I don't want to be mean, but I can;t envisage a situation where Kinnear was bought into that role for the right reasons. It almost feels like an appointment that is supposed to fail

I will never understand why Mike Ashley would purposefully sabotage everything with such a hire. Even if you had to hire a DoF for whatever reason, there is simply no justification on this planet that could explain why it would have to be Joe Kinnear.

Meier

He was good in Angels in America, a HBO show from 2003.

His last good movie performance was Scent of a Woman. That was in 1992.
I didn't see it but he did that HBO movie a few months ago about Phil Spector as I recall that was supposed to be good. Didn't he do a Jack Kevorkian film for the as well?

Arnie

Seen Liverpool are linked with Deulofeu from Barcelona today in the Times, don't know exactly how reliable it is but seen as its Tony Barrett reporting it must have some credibility. What I have noticed is that we only seem to be linked with lots of attacking players but bar the Ilori link we've only been linked with Papadopolous, a deal which seems dead now. You'd think with Carragher retiring and Coates and Skrtel seemingly near the exit that we'd be linked with more defenders.

I also find it really strange that we have not been linked with any left backs or defensive midfielders. We only have Enrique and Lucas in those positions.

We've gone properly mad.

Rodgers has a fetish for goals scored, it seems. Unless the idea is Mignolet is that good we don't need to rectify our defence. Read that Reina saved 55% of shots on target, whereas Mignolet was closer to 70%, and he had more shots come at him. Whatever way you slice it 55% of shots saved is pretty poor, especially for a club that needs a minimum of 72 points to obtain Champions League football.

The DoF role makes a fair bit of sense really.

But it's just prone to causing conflict since there will always be egos involved. If you have 2 people with a shared vision it can work well but at some stage there is going to be a fall-out.

sohois

There were also some links with Lucas Digne and Wanyama and probably a few other small links with defensive players. I imagine that the club were confident the Papa deal would have been done quickly like all the others and now that it hasn't they are perhaps evaluating the second choice options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom