• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

I also find it really strange that we have not been linked with any left backs or defensive midfielders. We only have Enrique and Lucas in those positions.

I think the idea was that Ilori can play left back, and Papadopalous or Allen could fill in at defensive midfield if Lucas needed a rest or picked up an injury.

I'm very interested to see if we'll try for Alderweireld again after his transfer fell through, or if we have another player in mind.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Latest BAE holiday update:

AssouEkotto Benoit Assou-Ekotto 17h
He said as spurs is not a good team...i guess he ll never say that any more Lolololol ��
BNodHdrCYAAw_ph.jpg:large

Well, in a trolling sense yes but he must feel silly to have not gone full out for the Liverpool job now.

Everton are at their ceiling.

Doubt it, won something with Wigan and now has a chance to take over Evertons most promising side in years.

Liverpool was a mess, Rodgers has done well to try and steady the ship but for me I still don't see them as a side who will threaten the top four yet, especially if Suarez leaves.

As for us copying Liverpools targets...other than Siggy I'm not sure who else we've done it with, Dempsey was touted around to most clubs (I believe he rejected Villa on final day?), Pool just had early interest but failed to follow through with an acceptable offer. Bastards.

I'm disappointed we didn't go for Sturridge but then I doubt Chelsea would deal with us anyway but he really could grow for them, assuming he can stay with them for longer than a couple seasons.

I just hope we actually sign someone before August...Villa and Paulinho would be a start. Whats everyones opinion on David Villa? Not watched much of him the past few seasons but I always liked him at Valencia.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I just hope we actually sign someone before August...Villa and Paulinho would be a start. Whats everyones opinion on David Villa? Not watched much of him the past few seasons but I always liked him at Valencia.

I think Villa is still a very good player. I guess for the right price we should take him but that price would have to be very low. I see talk of £12m + 100k a week which is completely batshit for a club not in the CL. Soldado, Negredo, Benteke, even Michu, they would all offer better value IMO.

Hixx

We are 'close' to signing Gino Peruzzi. Someone described him as the successor to Javier Zanetti. I'm ok with this.

Feorax

Here we go, we all knew it was coming eventually;

@Number10Role: Shakhtar CEO Sergei Palkin confirms that Borussia Dortmund have made an official bid of €30m for Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Well this should be interesting. Given how complicated we've been lead to believe the third party ownership issues are, I highly doubt it's a case of starting a bidding war.

I just realised that last year Martinez turned down Liverpool and now he's manager of Everton.

Hahahahahahahah.

Everton have proven they'll be loyal to their manager long-term if he produces reasonable results. Being manager of Liverpool is arguably much less stable. Not the worst decision.

Zabojnik

Masterful trolling, FF.

Tevez in the next day, Ogbonna apparently also being sealed up, and Iaquinta's contract expiring in 4 days? Marry, sweet sweet Marry...

Now the wait for Paratici to finalize the deals that include our (future) youngsters begins. We've got to lock down Gabbiadini and Berardi at the very least.

Marry & Parry <3

Meier

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNsFsR9CIAIgX1b.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BNsKhiGCMAEWogy.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://juventiknows.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/carlitos-way-carlos-tevez-featured-500x250.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I just plugged Turin into timeanddate and it says it's already 3:55. Is the plane delayed? Or were these pics just taken a few hours ago?

Zabojnik

Is Anelka staying at Juve?

More importantly, is Bendtner staying?

Holy fuck just how many strikers are at Juve.

Anelka
Bendtner
Quag
Matri
Vicinic
Gio
Llorente
Tevez

Fuuuuuuuu

Iaquinta, Anelka and Bendtner are goners come July 1st.

It shows how much Serie A has fallen when a Man City reject causes the title holder's fans to lose their shit like this.

Riiiiiiight, ahaha. Don't worry though, you'll get yours soon. Kaka is coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom