• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

If Mickey T really is in London then it suggests a deal is close to being done. Have Dortmund outbid Liverpool?

They've lodged a formal bid, we haven't.

I suspect we probably knew their asking price (and were happy to pay it), and are now negotiating with the third party owners, which Dortmund don't appear to be doing at all. Ian Ayre wasn't around when Mignolet signed, which some believe means he's been off negotiating this.

That Mkhitaryan is in London suggests we may well have struck a deal, and are now just sorting out personal terms before the formality of submitting a bid to Shakhtar.

I could be wrong, but that's my interpretation.

They've lodged a formal bid, we haven't.

I suspect we probably knew their asking price (and were happy to pay it), and are now negotiating with the third party owners, which Dortmund don't appear to be doing at all. Ian Ayre wasn't around when Mignolet signed, which some believe means he's been off negotiating this.

That Mkhitaryan is in London suggests we may well have struck a deal, and are now just sorting out personal terms before the formality of submitting a bid to Shakhtar.

I could be wrong, but that's my interpretation.
I still think he'll sign for Liverpool but how do you know Dortmund haven't spoken to the third party owners already? May well have done so without it becoming public or anything.

Feorax

I still think he'll sign for Liverpool but how do you know Dortmund haven't spoken to the third party owners already? May well have done so without it becoming public or anything.

Maybe they have, but I'd be very surprised. I imagine the third party owners would have wanted everyone to know who was discussing with them to drive the price up. It benefits them for this information to be public, so I'd be surprised if they'd kept it quiet.

That's something he should have never done. His statistics also haven't been too impressive the past two seasons. Hopefully he will be able to his performance level from 2009-2011.

Possibly, then again most in Mancini's team last year wasn't really at their top form.

Hixx

A2csYGzCMAAGN5k.jpg:large

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
Talking about Liam Gallagher.

Wilbur

Banned
As cunty as Tevez is
As big as there is a danger of him going AWOL
As expensive his wage packet will be
As ugly as he'll look next to Llorente

He's a fucking top player and if Juve can get two to three years of the undoubted quality he has out of him, they've got a bargain

Fry

Here we go, we all knew it was coming eventually;

Well this should be interesting. Given how complicated we've been lead to believe the third party ownership issues are, I highly doubt it's a case of starting a bidding war.

Fuck these fucking cunts.

Salvadora

Hamburg have expressed an interest in keeping Djourou on loan or buying him. We are clearing that deadwood quickly.

Ready to be replaced with more

Meier

Mirror reporting the bid has been rejected, and Shakhtar want £25 million.

Fuck it, I give up. If he signs, great.

His release clause is €30m which equates to £25.5m. They won't sell him for less than that.. why would they? He's by far their best player at this point after losing Ferna and Willian. If Liverpool do "lose" him, it will likely be in a situation similar to Dempsey. Unwilling to pay another few million pounds. Seems that possibly cost City recently with Isco as well.

Tevez is a better player than Higuain.. far better. With that being said, we should consider going after him at this point although I do think Pellegrini will be more inclined to grab a striker from Spain at this point.

pulga

Banned
So Juve-bros, how the fuck do we fit in Tevez and Llorente with a MVPP midfield? Marchisio cant play second striker now, and Pogba needs to be given a starter slot.

It's kinda nuts that Bayern Munich start their pre-season today whilst most of Barcelona's players haven't even finished their season yet.

Can only be good news for Bayern going into next season and the CL.

Salvadora

It's kinda nuts that Bayern Munich start their pre-season today whilst most of Barcelona's players haven't even finished their season yet.

I feel for Monreal and Cazorla even though they are not starters for Spain. They're going to get burnt out.

I hate international football.

spidye

it's going to be a very hard season for bayern. they're playing in 4 competitions.

Bundesliga, CWC, CL, DFB.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This England U20 game is painful. Not to toot my own horn but aside from 2 or 3 these players are technically dreadful, Kane stands out like a sore thumb, and Pritchard being kept on the bench is a crime against humanity.

This midfield is causing me physical pain.

Meier

I feel for Monreal and Cazorla even though they are not starters for Spain. They're going to get burnt out.

I hate international football.

Silva has it rough. City's pre-season games are a few weeks away. It'll be a shame that Navas won't be able to get in and train and play a bunch of friendlies with the team as well.

This England U20 game is painful. Not to foot my own horn but aside from 2 or 3 these players are technically dreadful. Pritchard being kept on the bench is a crime against humanity. This midfield is causing me physical pain.

It's amazing what an easy group they drew too. I'm "well jel."

K1LLER7

What's this about Garay being in Manchester, house hunting.

Do we really need him?

Also, more reports in Spain saying United want Thiago done this week to get him revealed with Moysey. Thiago has told Barca of his next move.

So porentially, for this summer:-

Thiago, Strootman, Garay, Varela.

Ronaldo too if a miricle was to happen.

Meier

This is what the DM says about the Tevez deal btw.

The basic fee of £7.6m will rise to £10m if, as expected, the Italians qualify for the Champions League in each of the next three seasons. City could also receive up to £2.5m if Juventus win a trophy in that time.

Not sure if that trophy caveat would mean Serie A and/or the Coppa or if it'd just be the UCL. If it's the former, then the deal will actually be a pretty good one for City as that's more or less guaranteed to be £12.5m.

noal

Banned
Anyone here from Slovakia? The team I support are playing Trencin in the EL qualifiers and I'm thinking about going to the away game. How is it with football violence there? Would I run into any problems going there alone? Last time my team played in Europe I went to Alkmaar and it was a great experience bar some idiots trying to attack normal fans and families with children etc.

I've just spoken to a slovakian girl at work and although her English isn't great and she doesn't really like sport she says that there is violence and fighting at matches. She even said they made a documentary or film about it.

Make of that what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom