• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know when United start training?
July 3rd is the meet-up date I think.

Assume some players will be exempt from that.

it's going to be a very hard season for bayern. they're playing in 4 competitions.

Bundesliga, CWC, CL, DFB.
It'll obviously be a tough season, but it's an edge. For a club like Barcelona a significant part of their team/squad haven't had a vacation yet...and they played a summer tournament last year too.

It's more a comment on Barcelona really - their players must be on the floor, played a crazy amount of games over the last few years.

This is what the DM says about the Tevez deal btw.

Not sure if that trophy caveat would mean Serie A and/or the Coppa or if it'd just be the UCL. If it's the former, then the deal will actually be a pretty good one for City as that's more or less guaranteed to be £12.5m.

According to the Guardian:

"Although the base fee is €9m for Tevez, this should rise to a minimum of €12m as a clause in the contract awards City an extra €1m a year for three years should Juventus qualify for the Champions League in each of those seasons. A further clause awards City €1m for every season Juventus win either the Champions League or Serie A over the course of Tevez's contract, meaning the total transfer fee could end as high as €15m."

Gohan almost scored a blooter after cutting inside from the right wing.

edit: Garay is not needed. If he comes in what happens to Vidic? Vidic bossed it once he became healthy. We already have 5 cbs. We'll probably see more of the CBs filling in at rb and cm. Please no.

Wes

venison crêpe

"Although the base fee is €9m for Tevez, this should rise to a minimum of €12m as a clause in the contract awards City an extra €1m a year for three years should Juventus qualify for the Champions League in each of those seasons. A further clause awards City €1m for every season Juventus win either the Champions League or Serie A over the course of Tevez's contract, meaning the total transfer fee could end as high as €15m."

So it'll stay €9m then.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I've just spoken to a slovakian girl at work and although her English isn't great and she doesn't really like sport she says that there is violence and fighting at matches. She even said they made a documentary or film about it.

Make of that what you will.
Hey an awesome lurker!

Meier

Sounds good. With Tevez and the squad they have, they'll certainly be the favorite to continue to win Serie A going forward. Not a bad deal for either side by any means. It would have been nice to get an RVP-esque monster of a deal despite the final year of his contract but that obviously was a very rare and special case since he was coming off a scoring title and it was within the league.

July 3rd is the meet-up date I think.

Assume some players will be exempt from that.

It'll obviously be a tough season, but it's an edge. For a club like Barcelona a significant part of their team/squad haven't had a vacation yet...and they played a summer tournament last year too.

It's more a comment on Barcelona really - their players must be on the floor, played a crazy amount of games over the last few years.

Damn, it must be exciting for our players to be finally inducted as Moyes's Boys. What an honour.

edit: Garay is not needed. If he comes in what happens to Vidic? Vidic bossed it once he became healthy. We already have 5 cbs. We'll probably see more of the CBs filling in at rb and cm. Please no.
I'm not keen but it supports the rumours that Garay, Stroot and Thiago will all be unveiled together.

Considering boarding the muppet train on this one.

Damn, it must be exciting for our players to be finally inducted as Moyes's Boys. What an honour.
Forget the players, I'm excited for my own induction. We are all Moyes Boys (soon).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Last picture

I lied.

BNsjIfhCUAA-mHt.jpg:large

Meier

I read a story on GdS last night that quoted Marry as saying they offered to loan Kolarov as well but we turned them down. Talksport are saying that Juve may bid £9m for him. I love Aleks' attacking abilities but obviously he is a liability defensively. A real beauty sending in those poison balls though.

If we do sell him, it'll be interesting to see what we do about another LB. Could see us then going for that Radu guy at Lazio that we've been linked with who can play both it and CB.

It's kinda nuts that Bayern Munich start their pre-season today whilst most of Barcelona's players haven't even finished their season yet.

Can only be good news for Bayern going into next season and the CL.

They'll probably win it again.

I can't think of another team that can stop them. Plus they have Guardiola and Gotze now.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I read a story on GdS last night that quoted Marry as saying they offered to loan Kolarov as well but we turned them down. Talksport are saying that Juve may bid £9m for him. I love Aleks' attacking abilities but obviously he is a liability defensively. A real beauty sending in those poison balls though.

If we do sell him, it'll be interesting to see what we do about another LB. Could see us then going for that Radu guy at Lazio that we've been linked with who can play both it and CB.

I read a few dodgy quotes attributed to him today.

Peco

I rarely put myself in defense of Galliani, but it's not his 'fault'. I mean, Pato and Berlusconi are the ones to blame, the Tevez deal was practically done back in january 2012 iirc, but those two basically refused to move on. But I guess Juve need Tevez more than we do, so it's ok.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I rarely put myself in defense of Galliani, but it's not his 'fault'. I mean, Pato and Berlusconi are the ones to blame, the Tevez deal was practically done back in january 2012 iirc, but those two basically refused to move on. But I guess Juve need Tevez more than we do, so it's ok.

Oh we know trust me. Robinho, the immovable object, is not helping either.

I feel for Monreal and Cazorla even though they are not starters for Spain. They're going to get burnt out.

Im not happy that Mata is still playing, he was at Euros last year, then the Olympics, then our season and now this Confed cup. He and Oscar are going to be corpses next season at this rate. I would like Azpili to get a rest too but I don't mind Torres playing, hes looking better and until a sale or something is announced I have to assume he'll be our striker next season.

Rad-

Is Garay even that good? Whenever he played for Madrid he looked pretty average. And CB is like our strongest position. Weird transfer if true.

Ronaldo is set to meet United officials in the next 3 days.

Moyes has gone mad with his new monies.

Yeah, I mean most Milan fans (me included) were extremely nervous about the possibility of signing Tevez, thinking that his arrival would precipitate El Sha's departure. If we sell Robinho we could use a backup striker, but Balo+El Sha is the strongest strikeforce in the league and we didn't really need Carlitos in the first place.

We really need a midfielder and a trequartista though. I am going to be much more upset if we lose out on Honda.

Arnie

Had two pints so I'm at the stage where I can accept Mickey not signing on account of the fact we already have the Brazilian Jesus and the Spanish Thiago.

Wilbur

Banned
Had two pints so I'm at the stage where I can accept Mickey not signing on account of the fact we already have the Brazilian Jesus and the Spanish Thiago.

On my fifth strawberry Pimms and scouring the Internet for pictures of Thiago naked and lamenting Tsonga's retirement.

Jburton

Banned
Gohan almost scored a blooter after cutting inside from the right wing.

Vidic is almost done, great player still when fit but the only way to try and keep him fit is not to play as often.

Quality defensive coverage is a must, I am glad United seem to be focusing on the midfield as we have been weak there for years ....... Carrick has never been the player it was hoped he would be, and our midfield has been soft as well ..... we need a player like Strootman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom