• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even the non-Arsenal fans must be hoping we win something this season.

The "X amount of time since Arsenal won a trophy" is getting a bit long in the tooth. There's more than a few newspaper columnists who would be out of work, and rightfully so.

Daily Fail would go bust.

Meier

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/p480x480/1001624_166529856859848_111249011_n.jpg[img]

[img]http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1201513/thumbs/o-THIAGO-ALCANTARA-570.jpg?3[img][/QUOTE]
Whoever picked the body to shop should have picked a player who didn't wear rings. Amateur hour.

I honestly don't know how many of you have Mario Kart on the 3DS? It's an incredibly fun game online. They patched out some of the cheating which has reduced a lot of the salt, but fun nonetheless.
Considering buying it.

Might do if there are enough people who would play online.

Happy with AC but it's bit slow paced. Want something to play alongside it. Mario + Luigi is out in 2/3 weeks though so I'm not sure if I should get something now or wait for that.

Linius

Considering buying it.

Happy with AC but it's bit slow paced. Want something to play alongside it. Mario + Luigi is out in 2/3 weeks though so I'm not sure if I should get something now or wait for that.

Get Luigi's Mansion. So worth it.

Messi

I lament lack of Arsenal chat in the thread. Although our list in the OP is bulky enough, no one but me seems to post with any regularity (yeah, yeah Bacon & Freewheelin' :p, but you two never post about Arsenal!).

Special props would go to: Lightning, Baconsaurus Rex, Freewheelin', Anderson, jtb (post more!!), Kharma45, Wilbury and lots more!

Oh :/

Wow, I just realized it's been like a week without Lewancuntski rumor shit.

Does this mean his agents are busy talking to other clubs or has Bayern sent them on a party cruise?

Freewheelin' might be due for a defriending thanks to the snub.
:(

I consider my self a 3DS bro in that list :p

I do too :p pulga's in that list too!

i dont hate u

yesssssss

Lets talk about posters you like, but constantly disagree with.

Lightning and Meier for me

Fry has terrible taste, Meier has hyperbolic opinions at times which is just weird, And lightning....well...

yeah what a dick. The lesser of the Rhodes bros for sure

Fuck u racist

el oh el

Wes

venison crêpe
I take it those posters (and the likes of Jeff) just decided not to post here because of afer dark/TLOU etc.. talk?

There was an original split in the summer of 2009 due to the RedScarlet incident.

The 08/09 Thread had 70k posts in.
The 09/10 Thread had 2k.
In 10/11 had 40k. I think this is when most of the the new crowd joined. Since then the various groups and such have formed.
This year we're on our 22nd thread of 20k posts. It's a mindblowing number really.

It can be hard to follow for new people when they enter a thread and it's talking about games or other events entirely but those are natural results of a community being built. It's harder still when your voice is possibly part of a minority with regards to leagues/nations/teams that you follow.

I think of all the new people that have joined the threads recently, and who have stuck around to contribute more and more, are those members of already established and largely supported groups in these threads - or of groups that have very vocal contributors already.

As to why specific people no longer actively take part in the thread, I can only speculate further - which is never a good thing with regards to specific individuals. But I certainly miss reading the news and voices of other clubs and leagues that I typically wouldn't follow or have an interest in if it wasn't for the community in these FootballGAF threads.

L1NETT

Is this because of the Ox?

:p

Haha, possibly :p

Speaking of respecting opinions but disagreeing, I disagree with the whole of FootyGAF about Welbeck. Top player :)

Edit: Wes, there have been some new members representing different clubs, just they don't post enough to embed themselves as a regular member.

K1LLER7

Very tempted. Clegg and a couple of the other said so too.

It's £32 in Asda (supermarket)...might get it tmrw...how long is it? I don't wanna have a game I'll finish in like 2 days.
Super Mario land 3D is great. Resident Evil revelations, Luigi's mansion, Zelda:Ocarina of time, Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem. Virtues Last Reward (buy this game).

Wes

venison crêpe
Hey, I am still your residential lurker. However, with gaf not able to withstand the pressure on the server anymore (seems like it is down every other day) and me not able to stop trolling Hadareud on a regular basis in the other thread makes this thread less of a priority for me.

Your reasoning is quite understandable. Knowing some of you are still around (and hopefully happy and healthy) will have to do for me :)

subtles

Considering buying it.

It really depends on the kind of games you like, but the 3DS is the system of the year as far as releases are concerned (RPGs in particular). One of Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, Luigi's Mansion or even a gem like Pushmo would be recommended.

Was it Red Scarlet or Dragonoza (sp?) who used to ban everyone who even alluded to making jokes about women being bad drivers?

I wonder if Mumei gets up to any Amir0x-type shady shit

Walshy

I think of all the new people that have joined the threads recently, and who have stuck around to contribute more and more, are those members of already established and largely supported groups in these threads - or of groups that have very vocal contributors already.

As to why specific people no longer actively take part in the thread, I can only speculate further - which is never a good thing with regards to specific individuals. But I certainly miss reading the news and voices of other clubs and leagues that I typically wouldn't follow or have an interest in if it wasn't for the community in these FootballGAF threads.
Very fair point, although I'm a Liverpool fan and that's a pretty big section of this thread are aswell (something you alluded to in your post), I've found it pretty easy to start posting on here. You guys aren't as hostile as other communities, actually you are probably the easiest one for new members to post.

It would be nice to see fans of different leagues in here. I don't really understand why the MLS thread is separate?

Shit way too many 3DS games I want.

That Virtue's Last Reward looks awesome.

Been tempted by Fire Emblem and Luigi's Mansion big time the last couple of days. Gonna take the plunge on one. When I start working and have some money I'll get through them all.

I second this. He'd be better off playing the first game though.

Weirdly not at all arsed about SML 3D. Maybe cos I've played so many Mario games and I just wanna play something different. I will get it eventually...but for now, not bothered.

Dragona, I think, was the one with Omiee (cunt :p) think she hates footygaf. Or was that devolution?

Devo isn't a mod and she seemed alright when she popped in here those two times

I thought Dragona went mental and started letting her boyfriend use her account and ban people for nothing, before getting banned in a rather hilarious piece of internet-drama?

@flipped, don;t be silly. Dick-pics, on he other hand...What better way to lure them in?

:p

Seen one tonight that City want him.

Guardian or Times journo said it...semi-credible I suppose.

It's nice to want txings.

It can be hard to follow for new people when they enter a thread and it's talking about games or other events entirely but those are natural results of a community being built. It's harder still when your voice is possibly part of a minority with regards to leagues/nations/teams that you follow.

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure I can totally agree. I was totally lurking that old football thread but never felt like posting because it felt like a really close group of people and the whole thread felt kinda private I guess. In the "new" one, I feel like you can post anything and thus it's more open. Or maybe it was just me getting older/more mature.

Both (small, big) have their benefits and their disadvantages, hard to decide.

Walshy

mlS. Change it to MLF and they can be let in ;-)
:lol

Seriously though, their thread is like 30 pages. I watch MLS sometimes in the summer too, it would make good conversation in the thread, hell we even get commentary of the Mexican league in here, why not MLS?

Lunchbox

Banned
Which I find a great pity. I'm all for more new voices on a consistent basis.

dont invite your shitty music,tv and videogame loving friends in the nfl thread

or i'll snitch on you next time these goobers go over there asking about rules and start rooting for the pats because we have england in our name

DominoKid

To be honest I found the thread initially pretty confusing and a bit intimidating. The subjects change so quickly (deGea is the best -> Bale rumor -> new shirt sponsor for Norwich City -> biggest U17 talent of Mexican football) it's hard to get in, especially with the already-established (and long-going) "cliques".

Edit:
Also what Milchmonster wrote.

just jump in.
i hop in and out of this joint when i see some shit i want to talk about.

Salvadora

There was an original split in the summer of 2009 due to the RedScarlet incident.

The 08/09 Thread had 70k posts in.
The 09/10 Thread had 2k.
In 10/11 had 40k. I think this is when most of the the new crowd joined. Since then the various groups and such have formed.
This year we're on our 22nd thread of 20k posts. It's a mindblowing number really.

I too miss the older posters, some really added a different flavour to the thread which has been sorely missed imo. It's been interesting to watch the thread over the years and see how it's evolved.

I can imagine fans from other leagues or teams that are underrepresented must feel drowned out at times, and I know some of our more recent posters didn't even know there was a football thread. That contributes to the cliches, I'd imagine.

The ones I don't understand are the guys I PM to notify them that this thread exists, and they don't even post in here once to check it out.
I always take that to mean that they know about it and are disinterested in posting. Even some of the newer posters don't seem to post here very often. I wonder why.

I really gotta get a 3DS. I completely wrote it off when it came out and haven't paid any attention to it, but lately I've been noticing that there are actually a ton of great games out for it.

To be honest I found the thread initially pretty confusing and a bit intimidating. The subjects change so quickly (deGea is the best -> Bale rumor -> new shirt sponsor for Norwich City -> biggest U17 talent of Mexican football) it's hard to get in, especially with the already-established (and long-going) "cliques".

Edit:
Also what Milchmonster wrote.

I was stuck lurking for a good few months, and being a Liverpool fan it was pretty easy to slot in.

All you had to do was chat less shit than Blablurn, and you'd already started on a steady footing :p

subtles

Weirdly not at all arsed about SML 3D. Maybe cos I've played so many Mario games and I just wanna play something different. I will get it eventually...but for now, not bothered.

I was talking about Virtue's Last Reward. That game series is absolutely, unapologetically brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom