• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wes

venison crêpe
The ones I don't understand are the guys I PM to notify them that this thread exists, and they don't even post in here once to check it out.

Maybe they look but choose not to post?

dont invite your shitty music,tv and videogame loving friends in the nfl thread

or i'll snitch on you next time these goobers go over there asking about rules and start rooting for the pats because we have england in our name

Lunchbox! When did you get unbanned? Wouldn't your time be better spent out collecting bail money?

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure I can totally agree. I was totally lurking that old football thread but never felt like posting because it felt like a really close group of people and the whole thread felt kinda private I guess. In the "new" one, I feel like you can post anything and thus it's more open. Or maybe it was just me getting older/more mature.

Both (small, big) have their benefits and their disadvantages, hard to decide.

Fair enough. But don't you think the reason you didn't post back then is the same reason others are not posting now?

The pre-2009 threads didn't feel as tight-knit as this current one. But maybe that's because I was far more involved in the main group contributing to that thread than I am in here today.

Linius

I'm a minority club wise so I talk about other shit a great deal. Spreading my weird music, doing PR for 3DS games and joke about Arsenal. It's all fun. Banter Bacon and Confuziz are my favourite things. Since Nyx doesn't win that much I'll leave him be.

Fun,fun,fun!

subtles

I'm about to order it. £19 on Amazon. Great deal.

Do I need to have played the first game?

No you don't, but the experience won't quite be the same. The game will bring you up to speed with what you need to know but it'll understandably have less of an impact.

Arnie

Now you mention it I don't miss him.

He was unpleasant. And he was a pain. And he did talk out of his anus.

But still, the arguments were a bit of a laugh.

Wes

venison crêpe
Wow. Is there any other Community that has grown to such level?

Hard to measure due to the various seasons not starting and ending at the same times.

The Anime group hit a 7th OT just for Spring releases for example. Extrapolating that for 4 seasons would assume they have the most active group.

The NFL threads have new threads for each new weeks of games and along with the other US sports have in comparison very low post count off seasons.

Linius

Animal Crossing Gaf is the most awesome gaming thread I ever hopped into btw. Everyone is extremely nice and helpfull to each other.

L1NETT

Are you guys regular members of any other communities? I barely have time to read/keep up with this one tbh.

I would post in EDM/LGBT/Halo GAF's, but I really haven't the time.

Hixx

i wish I could sell my digital games. i have no self restraint. uninstalled fifa again but it will sit and taunt me in origin forever

Fair enough. But don't you think the reason you didn't post back then is the same reason others are not posting now?

The pre-2009 threads didn't feel as tight-knit as this current one. But maybe that's because I was far more involved in the main group contributing to that thread than I am in here today.

I can't really tell to be honest, I was kind of a social fuckwit back then lol. So it might very well be my impressions aren't really representative.

The problem I can see with the current form and new posters is the amount of posts during matches, more than afer dark or fry's shit taste discussion (it's true). I don't even care to check this thread during matches because it's just so much stuff and you can't even watch the match properly. The main reason to join such a thread, to discuss what's happening, is very hard to push for.

I didn't post back in the day since I assumed nobody was interested in the team or league I follow. For that matter, why the fuck am I still posting here?

I can't really tell to be honest, I was kind of a social fuckwit back then lol. So it might very well be my impressions aren't really representable.

The problem I can see with the current form and new posters is the amount of posts during matches, more than afer dark or fry's shit taste discussion (it's true). I don't even care to check this thread during matches because it's just so much stuff and you can't even watch the match properly. The main reason to join such a thread, to discuss what's happening, is very hard to push for.
Very true on that last point.

Generally though I think it's hard to watch a match and post, even with less activity and enjoy it. The game's just so fast paced.

In terms of discussing things pre and post match I think this thread is really good...apart from when Barca are involved.

Clydefrog

FL5oMXk.jpg

Are you guys regular members of any other communities? I barely have time to read/keep up with this one tbh.

I would post in EDM/LGBT/Halo GAF's, but I really haven't the time.

Nah

Was a Dark Souls regular for about 2 weeks, and popped up a lot in the Mass Effect 3 MP thread for about 1 week. Missed out when MW2 was the big MP game, and was never interested in doing anything other than playing BF3. People talking about Battlefield bores me to tears for some reason.

Wes

venison crêpe
I can't really tell to be honest, I was kind of a social fuckwit back then lol. So it might very well be my impressions aren't really representative.

Nicely made point. Don't know if that can ever be resolved in the current format of the forums.

Linius

I'm never online during Ajax or NT games. Always post impressions after. I only post during games I don't care about or if I'm watching via a web stream.

subtles

Well then, I'm off to find Mkhitaryan. Wish me luck lads. I hope I'm not stabbed and mugged at Albert Dock but you lovely bunch would probably not even notice.

I've also grown a few Perfect Apple trees in Animal Crossing so if anyone needs a few just send me a PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom