• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking a break from GAF Rex? I'm tempted to do it again too, for longer.
I'd hate to see you go, Wes. Promise me you'll be back.

But yeah, it isn't exactly healthy to be on GAF at 2 in the morning. Would be better to focus that attention to get my life back on track. There are a lot of things that aren't or weren't going in the right direction. Things I haven't shared on here, but you probably have noticed that it has been a rough year for me.

FL5oMXk.jpg

Stoke tactics

Walshy

Well then, I'm off to find Mkhitaryan. Wish me luck lads. I hope I'm not stabbed and mugged at Albert Dock but you lovely bunch would probably not even notice.
You won't get stabbed by the docks mate. :lol

Take a walk through Croxteth though if you want the mugging and stabbing. Proper shit hole of a place with loads of 14 year old kids thinking they're 'proper 'ard'.

spidye

I can't really tell to be honest, I was kind of a social fuckwit back then lol. So it might very well be my impressions aren't really representative.

The problem I can see with the current form and new posters is the amount of posts during matches, more than afer dark or fry's shit taste discussion (it's true). I don't even care to check this thread during matches because it's just so much stuff and you can't even watch the match properly. The main reason to join such a thread, to discuss what's happening, is very hard to push for.

I have to fully disagree here.
the main reason why I joined footy gaf is because of live reactions to various moments during the game. If I watch a football game at home I definitely do it with gaf to enhance the experience. nothing is better than genuine reactions and emotions from various people enjoying the same sport you do

I for one don't care much about afer dark or the video game talks. It was always the football for me.

Salvadora

But yeah, it isn't exactly healthy to be on GAF at 2 in the morning. Would be better to focus that attention to get my life back on track. There are a lot of things that aren't or weren't going in the right direction. Things I haven't shared on here, but you probably have noticed that it has been a rough year for me.
I'm in the same boat, Bacon. Come September I probably won't be around very much, if at all.

Trying to get everything sorted out. Saying that I'd hate to see you go.

Hixx

Sounds like Danny Rose is in Sunderland
3AQmK.gif

Mendy and Rose for left back, Peruzzi and Cavanda for right back. I like it.

I'd hate to see you go, Wes. Promise me you'll be back.

We can be a good support system for that stuff too. :)

Well then, I'm off to find Mkhitaryan. Wish me luck lads. I hope I'm not stabbed and mugged at Albert Dock but you lovely bunch would probably not even notice.

I've also grown a few Perfect Apple trees in Animal Crossing so if anyone needs a few just send me a PM.

For some reason I have an image of the OF&H episode where Uncle Albert does a runner and Del-Boy and Rodney go out looking for him

Where's Henrikh?

Considering Quiche came all the way to Denmark I'm wondering what Kenka ever did to gain your respect :p

Despite being a really nice guy usually, Kenka showed to have a strong hate for Morten Wieghorst. Many would see it as unreasonable, but trust me, seeing the twat in pain is the most enjoyable thing ever, was as if he had to get head bandages on at every games at one point.

I take it those posters (and the likes of Jeff) just decided not to post here because of afer dark/TLOU etc.. talk?

At least someone remembered old man jeff! :)

To spite the rest of you fuckers I'm coming back

Honestly football felt a bit dull at the end of last season, Rovers were a depressing mess and the premier league was sown up early

I loved afer dark by the way

At least someone remembered old man jeff! :)

To spite the rest of you fuckers I'm coming back

Honestly football felt a bit dull at the end of last season, Rovers were a depressing mess and the premier league was sown up early

I loved afer dark by the way

Please change that avatar before you come back

FootballFan

Very true on that last point.

Generally though I think it's hard to watch a match and post, even with less activity and enjoy it. The game's just so fast paced.

In terms of discussing things pre and post match I think this thread is really good...apart from when Barca are involved.

I know. So many bitter people towards Barca. Also Barca fans are good at reeling them in so it's always bad. :lol

For some reason I have an image of the OF&H episode where Uncle Albert does a runner and Del-Boy and Rodney go out looking for him

Where's Henrikh?

Found him instantly, you did a shit job of hiding him.

I have to fully disagree here.
the main reason why I joined this site is because of live reactions to various moments during the game. If I watch a football game at home I definitely do it with gaf to enhance the experience. nothing is better than genuine reactions and emotions from various people enjoying the same sport you do

I for one don't care much about afer dark or the video game talks. It was always the football for me.
Well of course there are also people like you, otherwise there wouldn't be such a high number of posts during a match.

Personally, I don't see the appeal to be honest. I get distracted way too easily and don't really follow the match anymore. I can do that for some PL match I don't really care about but I couldn't do it during a BVB match, except posting some short stuff during half time or a crazy "HUMMELS IS THE BEST FUCKING PLAYER EVER" without reading anything else.

He's the second highest wage earner in the Russian League(after Eto'o). He earns more than Hulk!

He's also hit the framework more times than anyone last season in the league.

Hahahaha, oh shit.

Kassu

Banned
This thread and the Steam thread are pretty much the only ones I actively follow. I don't really post so often because I've always been quite shy, specifically because I'm not sure how good my English actually is.

But at least it's fun to follow what you're talking here and I'm trying to post more often if I find anything meaningful to say. At least people here seem to be a lot friendlier, posting to gaming feels like being thrown to the wolves lol.

This thread and the Steam thread are pretty much the only ones I actively follow. I don't really post so often because I've always been quite shy, specifically because I'm not sure how good my English actually is.

But at least it's fun to follow what you're talking here and I'm trying to post more often if I find anything meaningful to say. At least people here seem to be a lot friendlier, posting to gaming feels like being thrown to the wolves lol.

From this post your English is near-perfect.

Who do you support?

Salvadora

Your English is better than mine :p

Who do you support?

Meaningful lol

The more meaningful you make your posts, the more likely they are to be ignored :p

Your English seems fine btw. Better than FF's anyway.

Never diss my MSPaint skillz again

From this post, your English is fantastic!

always nice to have new posters in here, stick around and watch out for the weirdos.

FootballFan

Who do you support? That is what matters. As long as it isn't Madrid, post as much as you like.

Your English is great by the looks of it.

Arnie

Stay and post.

Doesn't have to be particularly meaningful, I talk shit about buses and food and haircuts.

Overpaid? Didn't he score 30 goals? We'd be laughing at old man Jeff, attending matches in League 1 without him!

True true but the fact we paid £8m means someone would need to offer at least that and its a gamble

Blackburn went downhill when Nelsen's injury problems kept coming back, and they had to sell him. That was it for them.

:(

Nelsen wasn't really injured for long he was just frozen out like Salgado as soon as he went to Spuds he was deemed fit

Hixx

Will be definite step ups from your full back options last season anyway. Bardo on his way out, I assume?

Fingers crossed!

Don't be shy. People in here pictures of their dicks with each other.

Unless you're another Man United fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom