• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to get my shit pushed in lads

image.php

Salvadora

We all agree that gaming side is easily the worst part of GAF right?

Ironic really lol

Yeah very much so.

I think part of it has to do with my waning interest in gaming, though. I still play games these days, but generally way, way past release & generally stick to handheld games. Never thought I'd be like this :lol.

FootballFan

Pun-gaf and First-post-gaf are the worst.

@FF, would you agree that that's among the most ridiculous things you've ever read on football-gaf?

Yeah. I kinda thought he was joking actually.

I can't even make an example of how bad it sounded to me haha. It's like a Bayern fan, being genuine, telling you that Ribery could have made it as a model if he wasn't a footballer.

All the "Ancelotti isn't good enough" crap was ridiculous too. I think he is great, too bad coaches don't matter.

spidye

Well of course there are also people like you, otherwise there wouldn't be such a high number of posts during a match.

Personally, I don't see the appeal to be honest. I get distracted way too easily and don't really follow the match anymore. I can do that for some PL match I don't really care about but I couldn't do it during a BVB match, except posting some short stuff during half time or a crazy "HUMMELS IS THE BEST FUCKING PLAYER EVER" without reading anything else.

so that's why you never post during matchdays.

well, I understand where you're coming from but try next time during a cl match posting on gaf and watching the game. you won't regret it. it can get pretty hectic and fun

and what the fuck guys? so many leaving :(

deGod

:=DDDDDDDDDD

People I like and respect(in no particular order):

Arnie
Viva
Hitcher
#3DSBros
Wooden
Quiche
Meus
Killer
DC20
Salva
FF
Messi
Wilbz
Clegg
The Newcastle guys
Hixx (he hates me tho :()
VillaGAF are cool
Bacon (can't respect a racist tho innit)

You forgot me :)

Clegg

Haven't read TLoU OT in a while. Last time I did there was a nasty element creeping into the thread. People were going so overboard with their love for the game that they would shit on any poster who tried to criticise it. And there are genuine problems with the game too. These lads wouldn't hear any of it though.

Yeah. I kinda thought he was joking actually.

I can't even make an example of how bad it sounded to me haha. It's like a Bayern fan, being genuine, telling you that Ribery could have made it as a model if he wasn't a footballer.

All the "Ancelotti isn't good enough" crap was ridiculous too. I think he is great, too bad coaches don't matter.

What's happened to Noirulus? He was alright for a Madridista :p

Salvadora

Haven't read TLoU OT in a while. Last time I did there was a nasty element creeping into the thread. People were going so overboard with their love for the game that they would shit on any poster who tried to criticise it. And there are genuine problems with the game too. These lads wouldn't hear any of it though.

This is indicative of gaming in general these days, I feel.

For big titles I feel like I need to wait months, if not longer to get an honest opinion. Hyperbole runs rampant. Every game is the best game ever.

Wes

venison crêpe
I'd hate to see you go, Wes. Promise me you'll be back.

But yeah, it isn't exactly healthy to be on GAF at 2 in the morning. Would be better to focus that attention to get my life back on track. There are a lot of things that aren't or weren't going in the right direction. Things I haven't shared on here, but you probably have noticed that it has been a rough year for me.

I share a lot of those feelings Bacon.

I'm approaching a significant juncture in my life and I feel I need to do some purging of some previous timesinks in general which will hopefully enable me to devote more time to other activities. Gaming, general computer usage and by association being on GAF too are one part of these.

I've had a very hard last two years trying to finish my Master's degree, coinciding with other personal issues and that appears to be almost over fingers crossed, touch wood and other lucky motifs. My sister got married last year and I'm going to be an uncle in a few months time and it's making me feel particularly broody too.

However before I begin to think about bringing someone else in to my life I need to sort myself out; where I'm going to work, heck in what country even, and just do, what I feel to be, general other life enrichening activities.

Still not made up my mind definitively yet as there's still a fair way to go. Let's just say I'm in flux.

Sounds like Liverpool fans

I seriously had to think about whether this was real or not. Maybe coz I've been drinking a lot but... it sounds like Kotaku.

The whole industry is sexist, didn't you see all those examples of games where you as a man have to rescue a girl? Mario is corrupting our children.

On a semi-serious note, I can feel the self-delusion and hopes of a top 4 finish rising already. And you know what? It feels fucking good. Bollocks to pessimism, it makes life shit.

Also, good luck Bacon and Wes getting through whatever it is you're going through. Just remember, you could have been Millwall fans. If that don't put a spring in your step, I don't know what will.

3Sixty

I share a lot of those feelings Bacon.

I'm approaching a significant juncture in my life and I feel I need to do some purging of some previous timesinks in general which will hopefully enable me to devote more time to other activities. Gaming, general computer usage and by association being on GAF too are one part of these.

I've had a very hard last two years trying to finish my Master's degree, coinciding with other personal issues and that appears to be almost over fingers crossed, touch wood and other lucky motifs. My sister got married last year and I'm going to be an uncle in a few months time and it's making me feel particularly broody too.

However before I begin to think about bringing someone else in to my life I need to sort myself out; where I'm going to work, heck in what country even, and just do, what I feel to be, general other life enrichening activities.

Still not made up my mind definitively yet as there's still a fair way to go. Let's just say I'm in flux.

Fuck off mate, you can't leave me with all these Man United and Arsenal fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom