• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

D_prOdigy

Can't be selling Rooney to Arsenal or Chelsea.

If he does move, it's likely that the novelty of being in a new club will give him a massive boost in form - at least for a season. Can't be giving that level of firepower to a direct PL rival.

Unless it was for stupid money. Which it won't be.

Empty

@barcastuff - Andres Iniesta has avoided the relegation of his former club Albacete to the 4th division by paying 240.000 euros of players' wages. [marca]

what a man

Clegg

Iniesta showing his class.

Amazing how a club can develop one upstanding bloke and also have a morally bankrupt tax dodging scum bag on its books.

bjaelke

Yjctgi7.jpg

Going for 15+ next season.

Linius

I'm not sure if they do it in Europe or not, but I took Driver's Ed in school.. there's like 30 kids in the class and the teacher is pretty much always like a (American) football coach so there's no way in hell he's going to have the patience to teach a bunch of kids stick. :lol

That was 15 years ago. Man, I'm old.

Wow, awesome system. We don't have that here. We have seperate driving schools apart from normal education.

Yeah I know, but you can always choose to learn stick driving of course. Would be handy if they ever want to rent a car here. Automatic would cost more :p

Zabojnik

BeckenBonny :/ Probably never shot a penalty in his life.

DDR needs to change the city he lives in as much as he needs to change clubs. Rome is the worst for a footballer. Expectations are always way too high and often completely detached from reality. Case in point - Zeman. One week you're in heaven, the next you're in the dust.

justjohn

Can't be selling Rooney to Arsenal or Chelsea.

If he does move, it's likely that the novelty of being in a new club will give him a massive boost in form - at least for a season. Can't be giving that level of firepower to a direct PL rival.

Unless it was for stupid money. Which it won't be.
If the player himself wants to move to chelsea and not abroad, I doubt the club can stop him.

I wouldn't even sell Rooney to Chelsea for £50m.

We're not gonna see all that money reinvested into the team, so no thanks.

If the player himself wants to move to chelsea and not abroad, I doubt the club can stop him.
We're not Arsenal. Not just gonna roll over and die like pussies.

Hixx

Hmm, linked with Lee Chung-Yong today... David Craig, like. Quite liked him before he broke his leg or whatever he did, not seen anything of him since.

Carbonox

The Last of Us = Best Resident Evil since RE4.

Like seriously, you could just rip the setting/style and paste it in to the RE universe and boom, you got yourself a nice reboot for that aging series.

Just got to
Pittsburgh
. Bit more challenging now which is welcome.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BeckenBonny :/ Probably never shot a penalty in his life.

DDR needs to change the city he lives in as much as he needs to change clubs. Rome is the worst for a footballer. Expectations are always way too high and often completely detached from reality. Case in point - Zeman. One week you're in heaven, the next you're in the dust.
Time is running out for him.

Meier

City have sent out two emails talking about a forthcoming big announcement in July. Have a feeling it will be a new shirt sponsor (although probably not until next season since they're already selling shirts) based on the articles from back in ~May or so.

City have sent out two emails talking about a forthcoming big announcement in July. Have a feeling it will be a new shirt sponsor (although probably not until next season since they're already selling shirts) based on the articles from back in ~May or so.
I believe there is gonna be a fairly major sponsorship deal with regards to the training ground. Energy company or something.

dc knows more.

Messi

I like the current one

Arnie

Can we use the Jonjo Shelvey money to buy Honda please? Anything to stop him going to Everton. I'd rather he went to Spurs.

Can we use the Jonjo Shelvey money to buy Honda please? Anything to stop him going to Everton. I'd rather he went to Spurs.
If Morsel and the other Japan-bros are right he won't even contemplate it.

He could quite easily just wait until January and then go wherever on a free, like Milan who could just pay him the £2m they bid as a signing on fee.

That's a huge sum of money even for multimillionaire footballers. Good on him
It really isn't.

Good on him, it's a wonderful gesture and I believe he's done it in the past too, but £250k is nothing to Iniesta. He earns close to that in a week before you even consider all the millions he earns in sponsorship.

It really isn't.

Good on him, it's a wonderful gesture and I believe he's done it in the past too, but £250k is nothing to Iniesta. He earns close to that in a week before you even consider all the millions he earns in sponsorship.

I like to think, for people who weren't born into wealth, that six-figure sums have a similar level of psychological weight as it would for the non-wealthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom