• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

So annoying when they stick odd numbers on players' backs who don't even play in the traditional position of that number. See: Kone & number 2.

Salvadora

omg
mRtJ8bs.jpg

u289O8q.jpg

This is this year's version of Gervinho/Mertesacker in a tent.
Mine too!
<3
I think he's class.

But he's just not as good as the players in his position, and he's not as good as Mata. I think he's better than Cazorla, though. Far more consistent.
He has that Alonso-esque classiness to him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Hmm, linked with Lee Chung-Yong today... David Craig, like. Quite liked him before he broke his leg or whatever he did, not seen anything of him since.

He is very good. Bolton were horribly unlucky with the dreadful injuries to him and Holden. They'd have stayed up with those two without a shadow of a doubt. Powder-puff wankers like Mark Davies are what sent them down.

Kassu

Banned
Just had my first driving lesson and fuck me I'm still shaking.

Gotta go ly dow,
I already had my first driving lesson few months ago, it is quite scary first but it gets easier over time, don't worry :D

I actually passed theory part (I don't really know what call it in English, but we have to answer to a few questions correctly before the time runs out to even get a permission to try the actual driving test) of my driving test today. Failed it on the first time earlier this week but fortunately I had no problems this time around.

Clegg

I remember Meus going ballistic at me when I said Cazorla wasn't as good as the hype suggested.

Then he put me on ignore.

L1NETT

I love Cazorla personally. One of the few game changers Arsenal currently have.

But, like Reyes goes quiet in Winter, Cold night at Stoke and all that. So I can see why some of you call him inconsistent.

Salvadora

But, like Reyes goes quiet in Winter, Cold night at Stoke and all that. So I can see why some of you call him inconsistent.

He's a scapegoat when Arsenal play badly, I think. He seems to get all the blame.

So annoying when they stick odd numbers on players' backs who don't even play in the traditional position of that number. See: Kone & number 2.
To be fair, the "traditional position of that number" varies according to the particular football tradition. It's even caused some tactical confusion over the years (see Wilson's Inverting the Pyramid).

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Suarez &#8220;Italy play like a typical Italian team, they like to use the space that the opponents leave them.

&#8220;Even without Balotelli they are dangerous. They have a lot of quality players like Giovinco."

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Giovinco, of all people.

Wilbur

Banned
Blackburn kit is nice
Saints away one is delicious

But you think he's better than Mata

THAT'S FUCKING NUTS

bjaelke

The Kop 305 @TheKop305
42% of #LFC fans who bought the new shirt with a name on the back chose Philippe Coutinho, making him the most popular choice.

I blame Arnie for this one. That infectious gif.

Looks like Denis Suarez could be heading back to Spain. Good one City.

Their youth system has become a joke since the takeover. All the rebranding and statements about the future, and absolutely nothing has come from it. Not even an Ibe or Gnabry, let alone a Gotze.

Fair enough, they might be producing decent enough players, but stagnation lies at the top of their tree, rather than first team oppurtunities

Arnie

The Kop 305 @TheKop305
42% of #LFC fans who bought the new shirt with a name on the back chose Philippe Coutinho, making him the most popular choice.

I blame Arnie for this one. That infectious gif.

Baffles me.

If I buy the new shirt I'm going Suso or Henderson.

Although Couts is an alluring choice.

Arnie

Their youth system has become a joke since the takeover. All the rebranding and statements about the future, and absolutely nothing has come from it. Not even an Ibe or Gnabry, let alone a Gotze.

Fair enough, they might be producing decent enough players, but stagnation lies at the top of their tree, rather than first team oppurtunities
Really would've thought Pellegrini's first job would be to analyse the youth team and establish which players have the potential to make the jump. I guess that's just not where City are as a club; they aren't even like United, who at least try to play youngsters. There's just no desire to build a sustained link between both teams, the club are quite happy to buy ready made talents, than grow their own.

You can't blame Pellegrini, he's given almost unlimited funds to build a squad. There's no incentive to grow a player like Denis Suarez.

Really would've thought Pellegrini's first job would be to analyse the youth team and establish which players have the potential to make the jump. I guess that's just not where City are as a club; they aren't even like United, who at least try to play youngsters. There's just no desire to build a sustained link between both teams, the club are quite happy to buy ready made talents, than grow their own.

You can't blame Pellegrini, he's given almost unlimited funds to build a squad. There's no incentive to grow a player like Denis Suarez.
But the training ground!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom