• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Their youth system has become a joke since the takeover. All the rebranding and statements about the future, and absolutely nothing has come from it. Not even an Ibe or Gnabry, let alone a Gotze.

Fair enough, they might be producing decent enough players, but stagnation lies at the top of their tree, rather than first team oppurtunities
Gnabry only joined us in 2011

qindarka

Banned
Football manager is ridiculous. After a fairly injury free campaign, I go through an absolutely unbelievable injury crisis at the climax of the season. Going into the first leg of the CL semi final, I had 8 injuries, having to name only 4 out of 7 substitutes. Then for good measure, another 2 players got injured in the match.

I won 4-0 but still....

Arnie

To be fair to City, growing a top youth setup takes time, and they're still building their new training complex.

I agree, but nobody's complaining that Suarez isn't starting, they're complaining because City are allowing him to go back to Spain.

Rodgers came in and gave the top youth talents new contracts, and took them on the pre-season tour. Pellegrini hasn't done shit, and their best youth talent is on the verge of leaving.

Bo-Locks

They already had a pretty good setup pre-takeover.

I know. Definitely one of the best in the country. I'm trying to think about United when Fergie took over and the move to Carrington. He managed to see the fruits of his labour with great young players coming through before the move to Carrington, so I suppose that can't be used as an excuse anymore for City.

Football manager is ridiculous. After a fairly injury free campaign, I go through an absolutely unbelievable injury crisis at the climax of the season. Going into the first leg of the CL semi final, I had 8 injuries, having to name only 4 out of 7 substitutes. Then for good measure, another 2 players got injured in the match.

I won 4-0 but still....

The game is ridiculously scripted too, some of the goals scored/conceded, terrible decision making especially from defenders.

Not stopped me from putting in tons of hours to it though. Are you Chelsea or someone else?

Youth setup is a strange one.

Arsenal are lauded for giving young players a chance, but our academy isn't exactly producing the goods.
It's the philosophy of the club though - and you're sticking by it.

You don't have to give youth a chance. Chelsea don't, you could make a good argument they've had the best youth team over the last couple of years. They're not bothered about it and they're winning things.

It's just silly that City's owners/execs go on about how they're going to implement this wonderful youth set-up and some of their fans have jumped on the back of it - but to date there has been 0 evidence they're serious about it.

qindarka

Banned
The game is ridiculously scripted too, some of the goals scored/conceded, terrible decision making especially from defenders.

Not stopped me from putting in tons of hours to it though. Are you Chelsea or someone else?

Yeah, I'm Chelsea. Didn't start as them though, came in to rescue them in 2015 from the mess Rafa created.*

*Better be safe. This is not a dig at real life Benitez.

Looks like Anzhi is buying Russia's most promising young striker, Aleksandr Kokorin for 20 million. Why Gazrpom, why weren't we in on this?

If Anzhi manage to get a decent CB or two they have to now be considered title favourites.

Looks like Anzhi is buying Russia's most promising young striker, Aleksandr Kokorin for 20 million. Why Gazrpom, why weren't we in on this?

If Anzhi manage to get a decent CB or two they have to now be considered title favourites.
Have you guys got anyone this summer apart from Arshavin?

Have you guys got anyone this summer apart from Arshavin?

We also got Tymoshchuk on a free, and a 20 years winger from Dinamo on a free, and got a backup keeper from Greece for 800k.

We also sold the captain of Russia's national team(Denisov) to Anzhi for 15 million and sold Bruno Alves to Fenerbahce!

I think we're broke or something. Fucking Hulk!

Salvadora

It's the philosophy of the club though - and you're sticking by it.

You don't have to give youth a chance. Chelsea don't, you could make a good argument they've had the best youth team over the last couple of years. They're not bothered about it and they're winning things.

It's just silly that City's owners/execs go on about how they're going to implement this wonderful youth set-up and some of their fans have jumped on the back of it - but to date there has been 0 evidence they're serious about it.
Oh yeah, I get that 100%. I'm more lamenting the lack of goods from our youth setup. We should be the English Barcelona!

I'm with you on City. It feels like they've been talking the talk for years yet we've not seen a thing. They seem to be moving in the opposite direction even. Very hypocritical.

Oh yeah, I get that 100%. I'm more lamenting the lack of goods from our youth setup. We should be the English Barcelona!

I'm with you on City. It feels like they've been talking the talk for years yet we've not seen a thing. They seem to be moving in the opposite direction even. Very hypocritical.
Arsenal's youth set-up is doing alright I think. Wilshere and Gibbs in the last 2/3 years? That's 2 first team players. Wilshere is potentially world class and Gibbs is really good too - just a shame they're both injury prone.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
y u no like Giovinco? Giovinco is good.
Exactly. He's good, not great.

And I love him. :(
Guys, we signed Tevez.

carlos-tevez-baila-cumbia-o.gif

carlitos-tevez-dancing-o.gif

275369_o.gif

Tevez-kick.gif

For future use.

Suen

Chicken breast, pesto rosso, pasta and parmesan.........anyone have any good idea what kind of dinner I could make from this (along with other basic ingredients) ?

Salvadora

Arsenal's youth set-up is doing alright I think. Wilshere and Gibbs in the last 2/3 years? That's 2 first team players. Wilshere is potentially world class and Gibbs is really good too - just a shame they're both injury prone.

Wilshere & Gibbs are the big success stories.

I just think that under Wenger we should be seeing more (even just by sheer volume) of players coming through. He has been here for 17 years.

Does anyone else, when they go to have fish and chips, not buy fish? I always buy sausage instead.

The only thing I buy from my chippy except fish and chips is a kebab, and that's only when I'm smashed. Battered sausage is pretty good covered in brown sauce, just not fish level.

Tc91

I've been to England several times, but I've never had fish & chips.

I'll trade you fish and chips for proper Italian pizza.

I sometimes get battered sausage aswell it's bloody lovely. Can't beat fish chips & mushy peas though it's a classic.

Barzagli, Chiellini, Pirlo and Marchisio are injured.

kill me

They're "injured" in that they won't have to play in the useless third place game?

It's kind of like how Italian teams always get mysterious "injuries" to their best players when they have a Europa League match midweek, but then they miraculously recover for the weekend.

Also kind of like how El Sha was "unfit."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom