• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Just really small decisions and mistakes that you wouldn't normally make. Like yesterday I thought our football game was off, so I took a shower when I'd normally wait to make sure, and sure enough ended up playing anyway. And I keep forgetting little things like putting the phone on the charger, feeding the cat, locking the doors etc.

Well this is weird. I've listened to Time dozens of times, but never Dark Side of the Moon, so I don;t have a clue what is happening with this album intro

You never listened to Dark Side of the Moon? :/

And again, you listen to Ride as well? :p

You never listened to Dark Side of the Moon? :/

And again, you listen to Ride as well? :p

DSotM update: Expected wankery. Still waiting for something recognisable as a song to begin

And no, I've never listened to Ride. Weren't they the third wheel of Britpop? Well, fourth after Pulp. possibly fifth after Suede

K1LLER7

Just really small decisions and mistakes that you wouldn't normally make. Like yesterday I thought our football game was off, so I took a shower when I'd normally wait to make sure, and sure enough ended up playing anyway. And I keep forgetting little things like putting the phone on the charger, feeding the cat, locking the doors etc.
Happens to me sometimes.

My fridge and microwave are placed close together. Sometimes instead of putting a plate of food into the microwave to heat up, I'll end up opening the fridge and then be like wtf am I doing lol.

Only really happens when I'm multi-tasking.

spidye

that's not bad. I thought you meant ataxia or some other neurological disease

Linius

DSotM update: Expected wankery. Still waiting for something recognisable as a song to begin

And no, I've never listened to Ride. Weren't they the third wheel of Britpop? Well, fourth after Pulp. possibly fifth after Suede

Nah, not so much. Though I don't know how it's been in the UK of course. But as far as I know they're considered shoegaze like Slowdive you namedropped earlier or My Bloody Valentine. Because you said you confused Portishead with Slowdive I was wondering if you knew Ride as well. Now I know you don't I can tell you it's worth checking them out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygGw_zo_W8A

Are you paying attention Bandicoot? :p

Are you this man?

MrForgetful.gif

MR MEN WERE FUCKING GREAT, LOL

Happens to me sometimes.

My fridge and microwave are placed close together. Sometimes instead of putting a plate of food into the microwave to heat up, I'll end up opening the fridge and then be like wtf am I doing lol.

Aww man, the amount of times I've been making a cup of tea and put the sugar into the fridge and go to put the milk on the shelf.

Well this is weird. I've listened to Time dozens of times, but never Dark Side of the Moon, so I don;t have a clue what is happening with this album intro

That's alzheimer's mate. In past OT's you've been banging on about how amazing DSOTM is :/

faridmon

Only one band have discovered through radio and its The Horrible Crows (The side Project of Jimmy Falllon of the Gaslight Anthem fame)
Although popular indie bands that I find good such as Franz Ferdinand, Two Door Cinema Club and Ting Tings gets an air time.
Radio is shit!

Is that Mr Forgetful?

Mr Bump was my fave :D

It is :D

I don't remember most of them, but I do remember a pink Mr Men; looked kinda like an octopus or something lol

no, it was not my penis.

Damn all these memories just came back to me. The good days of not worrying about anything and just chillin'. :)

Mr. Nosey was the first one I read. He was the green one I think.

lol, yeah I miss those days too. GREW UP TOO DAMN FAST :(

The local radio station up here is the fucking worst. I'm working a factory job for a week or two just now and I hear Get Lucky 4 or 5 times a day, that Robin Thicke song 2 or 3 times... I even heard Razorlight's America twice in two days, its not even in the charts or anything for fucks sake.

It's weird to see all the footyGAFers grow up over the past few years. It feels like I've been grooming you all for so long.

Am I the next generation then? :/

Time outro tune, okay
Pointless wankery
Overlong Time intro
1. Quality song
Enjoyable wankery (would be better without the woman caterwauling over it)
2.Money ((shit song from recollection)even worse on proper listen))
Okay, Money gets pretty good 3 minutes in
Eugh, back to normal. Instrumental wasn't long enough
Church organs. Nice piece of easy listening.
Is that a saxaphone? Instrumental ruined.

20 minutes in, 1 proper song

Linius

Time outro tune, okay
Pointless wankery
Overlong Time intro
1. Quality song
Church organs. Nice piece of easy listening

20 minutes in, 1 proper song

Not good. Not good at all. Do you have trouble hearing perhaps?

Time outro tune, okay
Pointless wankery
Overlong Time intro
1. Quality song
3. Dunno what its called, seems a decent song once the saxophonist pipes down

Parks and recreations ain't all that. Tho rashida Jones and Aubrey plaza are great

Picks up in season 2, not that sure how it goes after that.

Edit: Linius were you busy playing Animal Crossing when I was saying I didn't like the beatles and anyone who liked them because of their contribution to music was a dick? Cos they are. :p

Time outro tune, okay
Pointless wankery
Overlong Time intro
1. Quality song
Overlong outro. Or is it the intro to the next song? Or is it a song on its own? Fuck knows
Nice guitar effects

Time outro tune, okay
Pointless wankery
Overlong Time intro
1. Quality song
Overlong outro. Or is it the intro to the next song? Or is it a song on its own? Fuck knows
Nice guitar effects
4. Semi-decent song about lunatics or something. Dark Side of the Moon mentioned. Dreadful verses.

Oh yeah Linius here's my last.fm since you asked ages ago, the whole scrobbling (what kind of phrase is that, come on PR department) thing doesn't work on my phone because its a walkman app cos its an xperia, but there's a few bands there you might not have heard of.

http://www.last.fm/user/OneSalimKerkar

A few of the bands (Tempa T/Die Antwoord) are nothing like the rest of them by the way.

I'll probably add more at some point but that's all I can be bothered to do for now :p

Time outro tune, okay
Pointless wankery
Overlong Time intro
1. Quality song
Nice guitar effects
4. Semi-decent song about lunatics or something. Dark Side of the Moon mentioned. Dreadful verses.
Album outro. Sounds like a song from a Willy Russell play

And so ends the greatest album of all time. 43 minutes, 4 proper songs, only one of which I like enough to listen to more than once

What Pink Floyd album is next? There is clearly something there that I might be able to fall in love with if they focussed on what (for me) they seem best at, so I'll carry on with them on the off-chance that it happens at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom