• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT22| His true nature avoided

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippedb

Banned
Should have been the first.

The first footyGAFer to send me a PM was fady.... telling me he was sorry for being rude lol

First was this user thanking me because I made a banner for some thread, second one was one user who wanted to let me know the price of a Cowon D2, you were the first one to PM without any hidden interests, just admiration for our queen <3

Koko

Banned
So...

MoS was fucking good!

michael-bluth-i-dont-know-what-i-expected.gif

Lunchbox

Banned
should've hired solksjaer instead of this cunt

5+ years on merseyside turned into a forever loser. faster he signs his shit players and gets the sack, the faster united can start the recovery process with one of our own. blanc, ole or Gary Neville

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Arbeloa "Spain’s Prime Minister should be grateful to Mou because he diverted the attention away from some of the other issues that are going on in Spain."

Paulo Ferreira's contract ran out today :(. Was Mourinho's first ever signing and seems like a nice guy. Used to love him when he was playing regularly!

thanks for everything Paulo!

tumblr_mmy439KVxD1s7o65bo3_250.gif

better competition, bad or zero sign ups... no chance in champions in the near future... maybe if u signed pep but no... u wanted the club guy

The window is early, united will obviously be formulating a plan. A lot depends on Rooney I think, that could be a substantial amount added to the kitty.

I'm still not convinced by pep, that barce squad was so good that I think a lot of people could have had that level of success. Bayern are the best team right now too.

Moyes is a great coach, he will take time to bed in and I'm not sure they will have instant success under him but he will have it.

To Quiche above: all hail Paulo! Great back in his day. Malouda, Turdbull and Benayoun gone too. Sad to see Malouda go, the last year of his contract was a shame for a fan to see.

justjohn

Paulo Ferreira's contract ran out today :(. Was Mourinho's first ever signing and seems like a nice guy. Used to love him when he was playing regularly!

thanks for everything Paulo!

tumblr_mmy439KVxD1s7o65bo3_250.gif
Im surprised he didn't request a move to another club when it was obvious he wasn't going to play that much. Seemed happy enough to sit on the bench and claim his money.

Doncaster Belles, one of the oldest, most decorated women's team in the country, failed in their appeal to the FA and will now play outside of the top flight (through no fault of their own) for the first time in 22 years, so the FA can make way for Manchester City Ladies to join the league;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23109804

"Doncaster Belles won’t be in the top division next year. Not because of relegation, not because of liquidation, not even due to rebranding. They will not be in the top division next season simply because the FA has decided they will not be. In 2014 the FA have elected to further build upon the Women’s Super League with the introduction of a second tier FAWSL2. All current Super League teams have retained their seat at the top table for the new FAWSL1 except one, Doncaster Rovers Belles, who will be replaced by Manchester City."

Also, I see West Ham are apparently in for Jonjo Shelvey - I liked what I saw of him while he was at Charlton, but was pretty amazed that Liverpool bought him. Silly move, for both parties. I'd gladly have him back at the Boleyn, if the money's right.

Sigh, so much transfer muppetry, so little of it about West Ham.

Mastadon

Banned
Doncaster Belles, one of the oldest, most decorated women's team in the country, failed in their appeal to the FA and will now play outside of the top flight (through no fault of their own) for the first time in 22 years, so the FA can make way for Manchester City Ladies to join the league;

"Doncaster Belles won’t be in the top division next year. Not because of relegation, not because of liquidation, not even due to rebranding. They will not be in the top division next season simply because the FA has decided they will not be. In 2014 the FA have elected to further build upon the Women’s Super League with the introduction of a second tier FAWSL2. All current Super League teams have retained their seat at the top table for the new FAWSL1 except one, Doncaster Rovers Belles, who will be replaced by Manchester City."

Also, I see West Ham are apparently in for Jonjo Shelvey - I liked what I saw of him while he was at Charlton, but was pretty amazed that Liverpool bought him. Silly move, for both parties. I'd gladly have him back at the Boleyn, if the money's right.

Sigh, so much transfer muppetry, so little of it about West Ham.

Jonjo will be good for you I think. He's definitely got talent, but he's never really had a proper long run in the team in a position he's comfortable in.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Probable lineups:

Buffon
Maggio, Bonucci, Astori, De Sciglio
Candreva, De Rossi, Montolivo
Diamanti
El Shaarawy, Gilardino

OR

Buffon
Bonucci, Astori, Chiellini
Maggio, Montolivo, De Rossi, De Sciglio
Candreva, Aquilani
El Shaarawy

Okay, sure.

Jonjo will be good for you I think. He's definitely got talent, but he's never really had a proper long run in the team in a position he's comfortable in.

That's always going to be the trouble with younger lads joining big clubs, unless they're immediately impressive. Shelvey could definitely do a job for us and I'd like more options in attacking midfielders, as we've pretty much only got Kevin Nolan.

GorillaJu

Shelvey would be a good player for West Ham. He'll be valued a lot higher than 5m once he gets a run of games going. He tries too hard to impress in his few performances for us and is more fit to play balls out to the wing and put in long shots, instead of recycle possession with short diagonals, like Rodgers prefers.

LTWheels

They never were going to win the appeal. FA is not a law court.

justjohn

That Doncaster news is pretty disgusting. Surely they can't get away with it. Shouldn't they send man city to the other division and let them earn their way to the top?

FootballFan

Also the anti-Madridista Isco, who joined for money, said: "I named my dog 'Messi' because Messi is the best in the world"

God damn Isco, you are going to make Ronaldo sad this time before the season even begins.

Wilbur

Banned
FootballFan is the new PR machine. Step aside, dc.

Tomorrow is Moyesy's first official day right? As much as I want Thiago, I hope we're not giving him fucking oodles and oodles of cash, it'll set a precedent for young signings/players. Tricky situation. I'm getting Ronaldinho vibes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom